DCS update July 15

Gogojuice

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

Added engine igniter sound.

CAUTION, CAUTION auditory tone sounded sometimes even after cautions had been acknowledged.

Added air start logic.

Added engine windmilling.

USS Tarawa: Modified Parking and taxi zones (Work in Progress).

Corrected speedbrake switch control logic and behavior for OUT, NORM, IN controls to allow partial extension/retraction.

Corrected LIDS and Speedbrake should be out already in cold start.

Added loss of electrical or hydraulic power to speedbrake to cause air loads due to airspeed to close speedbrake.

Fixed speed brake advisory to not show when landing gear up and speedbrake retracted OR landing gear down and speedbrake correctly at 25 degrees.

Fixed fuel shutoff handle moving when it was supposed to be locked.

Fixed momentary switch behavior for APU switch.

Fixed momentary switch behavior for Compass/Lights Test switch.

USS Tarawa: Fixed Deck invisible collision issues.

Did anyone see anything about Mavericks being fixed?

So we STILL have a dedicated night attack aircraft that is completely useless at night and can't use Mavericks no matter what the time of day.

I don't care about switch animations and warning light logic, how about fixing the important issues instead ?

What's the excuse this time ?

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Did anyone see anything about Mavericks being fixed?

It should be fixed now

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Noticed AI wingman doesn’t have sound now. Is that a reported bug? I haven’t flown this module in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Like the engine de-throttle "whine" sound that's been added, even though not on the changelog. I saw from a Razbam update the other week they were adding it, WIP at the mo.

I noticed it only seems noticable inside cockpit, with canopy shut. I also notice shutting down engine seems to happen a lot quicker going from idle to off.

All part of the WIP I wonder?

Having watched Harrier displays in the UK for years, the best part was the "whine" after touchdown and I'd love to recreate that in DCS!!

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

So we STILL have a dedicated night attack aircraft that is completely useless at night and can't use Mavericks no matter what the time of day.

I don't care about switch animations and warning light logic, how about fixing the important issues instead ?

What's the excuse this time ?

The excuse is: you didn't bother to check if it's fixed, as you were busy ranting. Had you tried it you would have noticed it has been fixed...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Noticed AI wingman doesn’t have sound now. Is that a reported bug? I haven’t flown this module in a long time.

Just ran a cold start on the Tarawa with an AI Wingman and I heard the engine spool up in F2 view.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

DCS update July 15

Just ran a cold start on the Tarawa with an AI Wingman and I heard the engine spool up in F2 view.

I know. But when in flight all I hear is the wind noise from wingman both F2 and F3 view. Video linked below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bd2b01nblyv3et/Harrier%20Whisper%20mode.mp4?dl=0

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

The excuse is: you didn't bother to check if it's fixed, as you were busy ranting

If Mavericks are completely fixed - including the erratic behavior of IR Mavs acquiring a lock - then why wasn't it mentioned in the patch notes ?

I'm not Razbams unpaid beta tester, they need to communicate properly.

I'm still trying to work up the enthusiasm to see if the Harrier still destroys itself 50% of the time when taxi-ing on the Tarawa

Is the FLIR fixed ? no, it isn't

Is the MFD gain control enabled for the TPOD? no, it isn't

I am a whole lot more patient than most - I have defended their company before - but I've reached the end of my goodwill towards Razbam now.

But don't worry, I won't continue to " rant " - because it's obvious that it doesn't do any good whatsoever - the best you can hope for is an excuse - and I have the option of just never spending one single euro with them ever again.

I'm not Razbams unpaid beta tester, they need to communicate properly.

I am afraid this is exactly what you chose to be when you bought an early access module.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

I am afraid this is exactly what you chose to be when you bought an early access module.

I obviously missed the part of early access that said " Features will be added at a snails pace and are then subject to being broken by ED on every other update " Silly me :D

But it's OK, I'm well aware now :)

Maverick issues solved.

Tarawa issues solved.

Now the flir in the HUD works fine and can be tuned perfectly.

Good job RAZBAM!

Nice work, agree!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Really???? Try to brake in the Tarawa...

Yeah. No way that is “fixed”. I do a STO on Tarawa and it registers several hits while rolling down the tram line. Also holding the brakes for static takeoff makes you break your nose gear. RAZBAM either has the wrong notes posted or I’m not flying the same Harrier everyone else is.

Really???? Try to brake in the Tarawa...

Yes you are right. I didn't notice it because I'm using the L61. There it works fine.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309515/

In the other side it is posible to brake in the Tarawa inverting the nozzles. RAZBAM has to work on it. They said it is a work in progress.

Also the MFD in the night are extremely bright again using night vision googles. :(

You're not supposed to look at your MFD's through your night vision... MFD's are bright in any plane when looking directly at them with NVGs. Pilots underneath the nods irl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're not supposed to look at your MFD's through your night vision... MFD's are bright in any plane when looking directly at them with NVGs. Pilots underneath the nods irl

nope, that's not the problem. The MFD blinds me even when I do not look at them directly. The bright is too intense after the OB update. Same as when the v2.5.6 was released first time months ago.

I'm having he same problems that happened with that first relase. And it seems that I am the only one, because everyone seems to have a FPS improvements (I have just the opposite) and no one have complain about the brightness of MFD in the night yet

I don't know what is happening :cry:

You did use the night setting, tuned the brightness down with multiple left/right click on the MPCD's switch? Adjusted the symbology brightness (rotary on top)? Or did you just put on NVGs and look at the displays?

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat