F-14A update?

Snakeice

Hi Heatblur,

I want to thank you for your hard work and ask if there was news about the F-14A and, above all, jester Lantirn

Thank you very much

Snakeice

*cof* and jester IFF interrogate

cof cof

forrestal and ai a6s

buuuut they did recently adress this

my bet is august for the A

the rest end of year mayyyybe

F-14A and Forestall are still on track for a (What is left of) July to August release...Infact tomorrow we may end up seeing one of them Thursday being patch day and this particular patch day being the second Thursday which is meant to be bigger then last week across the board (so perhaps F-16 Mavs as well ect)

F-14A and Forestall are still on track for a (What is left of) July to August release...Infact tomorrow we may end up seeing one of them Thursday being patch day and this particular patch day being the second Thursday which is meant to be bigger then last week across the board (so perhaps F-16 Mavs as well ect)

Cool ! So I'll have my brand new F-14A tomorrow... :lol:

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

As far as I know there have been no announcements of a patch this week (e.g. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255), do you have a source?

Yeah I'm thinking mid aug for the next patch since we went to a monthly cycle

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah I'm thinking mid aug for the next patch since we went to a monthly cycle

I dont like the monthly cycle. In fact anything 'set in stone.' I wish theyd just do what theyve been doing with their 'promises' to the community and be totally flexible( im well aware that its very hard to keep dates set, perhaps dont do it then though. Im not talking about dates, Im talking about features or planes annnounced and then never talked of again. F4 for example. They should do the courtesy of saying they arent doing it and its on ice - they made an announcement after all.)

In MP the last patch caused A LOT of issues with F14s in MP. we have been having all sorts of comms issues that work in SP not MP ( interacting with the carrier, tankers)

Also as RIO some missions for no apparent reason I cant fire my missiles.. at all. this is with a pilot Ive flown over a dozen missions with in the airframe, and we both know what we're doing.

theres more, and I have tacviews. its hard to nail down what the patch did, etc etc, but it didnt improve things for the F14. I preferred the old way, as I remember a couple times they nearly broke the game and had to repatch almost immediately to make it playable.

Edited by sublime

Truly Agile development doesn't really concern itself with deadlines. They deliver products and product features internally on a regular basis (2 - 4 week sprints), but that doesn't mean we'll see them in production / beta releases. And new dependencies and requirements are often discovered mid-sprint. Projected time lines are based on known requirements now, but things you discover along the way often affect dev time, hence delays. HB is pretty smart not to put out very many firm dates, in my opinion. They're doing things that have never been done before, so i am quite sure they have an "agile" development team... which means, it's done when it's done, and it'll be awesome.

Hi guys,

just a quick heads up, the A, Forrestal, jester lantirn etc wont be in this patch yet. We've been thrown back by bug fixes a lot (even if you will not see many of these in the coming patch either, because they continue to keep our attention for now and need some more work), but we are trying to get the stuff out asap. Sorry for pushing the dates back, but as always we want to take the time to get it right.

In this sense, please manage your expectations for the August patch. Thank you for your kind patience and understanding.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi guys,

just a quick heads up, the A, Forrestal, jester lantirn etc wont be in this patch yet. We've been thrown back by bug fixes a lot (even if you will not see many of these in the coming patch either, because they continue to keep our attention for now and need some more work), but we are trying to get the stuff out asap. Sorry for pushing the dates back, but as always we want to take the time to get it right.

In this sense, please manage your expectations for the August patch. Thank you for your kind patience and understanding.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi guys,

Will we at least see imrovements to the lighting and the radar fixed?

Will we at least see imrovements to the lighting and the radar fixed?

we're only tweaking the RIO lights and some touch ups here and there, I cannot promise you that they will make it in this patch, we might miss the deadline just by a day tbh, but we're trying hard. So for now, dont count on that please.

The radar will include the MLC fix, which in our opinion should solve a big portion of the radar issues. We will need more input on what remains after this fix, it should also improve STT lock, but I dont want to be over-promising here either, because parts seem to be related to Jester, too. So we will have to see how much the MLC fix really fixes and then continue from there.

At this point also thank you all for your great input regarding all these issues, it helps a lot, as always.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

we're only tweaking the RIO lights

That would make me really happy if that works out for the August patch :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That would make me really happy if that works out for the August patch :)

expect it rather for September, like that you wont be disappointed if not, but positively surprised if yes. :) that said, we are ofc trying for August.

Heatblur Simulations

we're only tweaking the RIO lights and some touch ups here and there, I cannot promise you that they will make it in this patch, we might miss the deadline just by a day tbh, but we're trying hard. So for now, dont count on that please.

The radar will include the MLC fix, which in our opinion should solve a big portion of the radar issues. We will need more input on what remains after this fix, it should also improve STT lock, but I dont want to be over-promising here either, because parts seem to be related to Jester, too. So we will have to see how much the MLC fix really fixes and then continue from there.

At this point also thank you all for your great input regarding all these issues, it helps a lot, as always.

Thanks for information.

expect it rather for September, like that you wont be disappointed if not, but positively surprised if yes. :) that said, we are ofc trying for August.

As long as I know you guys have it on the agenda it's all fine. :)

It's only the bugs that don't seem to catch HBs attention that disappoint me ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg