High consumption of RAM memory

Frogfoot250

Cool thanks for the feedback. I usually have terrain mid or low and keep up general textures so i can read cockpit labels. I think ill be fine with modest settings then. Thanks again.

Anyone who is also using this exchange as a reference i have an i5-4750, 4 GB Radeon Card, 16 GB system ram and usually do fine on Nevada and PG. Ill report back once Steam gets done approving things.

I should clarify, I keep textures to high (I like reading the cockpit), but I put terrain textures to low.

Here's a screenshot of my settings:

attachment.php?attachmentid=245186&stc=1&d=1597895798

The resolution is due to auxiliary monitors I use for MFD exports.

Screen_200819_235325.thumb.png.f115fe742d0fe7822a7bce051a6a619c.png

• ED Team

When you have issues with performance, its best to give us full specs, its impossible to really know what is going on without it.

Simplistic test, multiple aircraft types on airport and carriers to fly and get feel for the map.

Map looks great by the way, nice colour blends.

In SP F14's hotstarts on airfields throw up multiple coding error boxes.... memory usage very very high.

In MP unless you have stacks of memory just forget it. Most aircraft you will not be able to spawn in and just float above the ground without cockpit. UH1H was okay though.

Strangely enough hot spawn onto Tarawa in Harriers and even better, F14s worked fine - no terrain to load I suppose.... just water....

Numerous lockouts in MP and SP mode. On the MP mode, I get it with dedicated server and 8MB RAM.... but all other maps just fly with 20 aircraft no issues... SP PC runs 32MbRAM and CPU at 4.5Mhz...

Shame....

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Stuttering, FPS

i played around with it and found that if i reduce PreLoad Radius to under =<100,000 and reduce Terrain Textures to low DCS runs fine and dandy

the stuttering is removed by these settings

and FPS are a nice 80-90fps

seems the PreLoad Radius has quite a huge job with this map compared to previous maps

my system has a weak GTX1060 so that can't handle the big PreLoad Radius and maxed out Terrain Textures

i still run water textures @medium but all the other textures are maxed out no problems

the map is beautiful from the BS cockpit and the stock airports are amazing

Edited by prefetch

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

Little update. I noticed that, when I actually play a mission, the ram consumption goes down to a more acceptable level, around 18 gigs, which is similar to what happens when I play a mission on the persian gulf. Keeps filling as I play so I frequently have to restart the game after a crash, but I have a few hours before that happens.

The editor still exceeds the physical limits at some point.

If it helps, here's my specs:

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC MoBo

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3600 MHz

24 GB RAM DDR4-266 (1333 MHz) Crucial Technology

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 from Gigabyte, 8 GB Memory

Windows 10 64 bit

Repeating my experience here. I see high RAM usage, but that may be fine considering I find the performance to be better than any other map in DCS for me.

I'm running on a 4930k @ 4.8ghz and 32GB of RAM with around 62GB/s bandwidth and a 1080ti @ 2.1ghz running at 4k. I'm getting way better framerates and frametimes than any other map in DCS. Mind you, the map was quite empty as I haven't built any missions yet.

Framerates were around 70-80 on the ground, 60-90 in the air, and in the 50s flying low over highly populated cities like Beirut and Damascus. This map uses a lot of memory though and was hitting around 25GB of system RAM. VRAM was pegged at 99-100% like always on DCS with anything.

Runs great on dedicated server here Gizzy. Maybe just forget about fixed wings. This map is made for choppers anyway!

:lol::lol::lol:

but there is truth there with the likes of the Tomcat... she is is heavy on the polygon count compared to the Helos...

SIGBLOCK.png

Was going to report this separately but looks like it's being investigated anyhow as a potential memory problem. Just wanted to add my voice to the list. Beautiful looking map. Obviously a ton of work went into it. Experiencing a lot of trouble with it in MP though. Bad stuttering especially on the ground. And it wasn't only me. Several people in our group reported the same problem so I can't provide a track file or mission file but I could do a video. The problem eases up a little when airborne but it makes flying missions on it difficult at best currently. We had about 9 people on last night and some of us dropped off the mission because of it. I know it's brand new and will probably receive some optimization over time. Seems to be worse in heavily treed areas.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing special to report here at medium or very low altitude, country side or over any big cities with an Ka50. The game is on an SSD.

My settings : textures and terrain to high, water to low, heat blur off, visibility high, shadows flat only, cockpit res 1024, MSAA 2x, DoF simple, Lens dirt+flare, SAA off, SSLR on, grass 900, trees 75% and loading radius down to 95Kms. Aniso 2x, terrain object shadows flat.

RAM used up to 95% and swap file of 32Gb on separate SSD used up to 85%. I have the feeling I get less stutter than on Caucasus map...

Nicely surprised that with my 16Gb RAM and high screen resolution I have no big issues on this beauty. :thumbup: :pilotfly:

ATCS840, Antec Quattro 1200W, Asrock X370 Taichi, R5 3600X, 2x8Gb FlareX C14, RX5700XT Nitro, 3x26" 5760x1200, TrackIr 5, TM Warthog No331, Saitek Rudder.

Cool thanks for the feedback. I usually have terrain mid or low and keep up general textures so i can read cockpit labels. I think ill be fine with modest settings then. Thanks again.

Anyone who is also using this exchange as a reference i have an i5-4750, 4 GB Radeon Card, 16 GB system ram and usually do fine on Nevada and PG. Ill report back once Steam gets done approving things.

Alright,

Reporting back as advertised I did a two ship F-16 from Incerlik to the mountains across the bay (near Hatay). Only two aircraft in mission.

At incerlik and above adana, was getting 40s FPS

At altitude im in the 50s, often 60s in cockpit.

Down low level in the canyons and trees i dip into 30s but totally playable for me.

i5-4750, 4 GB Radeon Card, 16 GB system ram

Texures: Med

Terrain Textures: Low

Civ. Traffic: Low

Water: Low

Visib Range: Medium

Heat Blur: Low

Shadows: OFF

Resolution: 1680x1050

1 Screen

Res. of Cockpit Displays: 512

MSAA: OFF

Depth of Field: OFF

Lens Effects: None

Motion Blur: OFF

SSAA: OFF

SSLR: OFF

Clutter/Grass: 0

Trees Visibility: 30%

Preload Radius: 39900

Chimney Smoke Density: 1

Gamma: 2.2

Anisotropic Filtering: off

Terrain Object Shadows: Flat

Cockpit Global Illumination: ON

Messages font scale: 1

Scale GUI: 1

Edited by missleman01

I was using the Microsoft Game Bar (has to be enabled first) and then pressing Windows Key + G to bring it up. After that select Performance. I've been able to get it to use 22 GB/32 GB of RAM now when launching from Incirlik.

I'd start by disabling windows game bar to improve performance. Having that on is a definite no no for gaming.

After that check your texture settings in DCS, on this map there is a big difference between high and low with little visual difference. I normally go with high but have swopped to low.

For me the map runs super smooth, getting (with ASW off Rift S) 60fps in some areas and 35-40 FPS over the biggest cities, this is with decent high settings for VR (PD1.5, Distance high, trees 100%, MSAAx2, AAx8, shadows low, terrain shadows flat).

I would not attempt to play MP in DCS anymore with 16GB of ram as some have said on this thread. Not tenable anymore need 32Gb for MP and for the new maps. Also CPU speeds need to be getting upto the 5ghz re VR and 2080/1080Ti minimum.

Solid map by Urga, a credit to them.

Also don't confuse there is a memory leak with the F10 map that still floats around, happens on all maps, not been able to nail it down but there is definitely a problem if been in tac command or reviewing F10 map, its especially bad on the channel for this issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

getting terrible, terrible VR performance about 10 seconds after i get in the cockpit

about 3 fps Unflyable. Untaxi-able even.

COREI9 9900K

32GB RAM @ 4300mhZ

NVIDA GeForce RTX 2080TI

Oculus Rift CV1

as a refference: getting steady 45fps on my oculus in any of the other theatre. No issues whatsoever. running everything on high settings.

- lowering settings on this map doesnt affect the low framerate at all.

- although since the update not necessary, cleared the shaders manually after installing the map.

- drivers updated.

Also seeing the 25 GB of ram usage.

So i turned of the vr and went back to monitor flying. Although the counter says 60 fps, it still shows stuttering performance, without actual FPS dips. Not pretty.

Again, as a reference, flying on monitor in caucasus: 125fps, easy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: took me a while but problem solved. I have intel optane memory in my setup. although it is configured to only accelerate access to my storage drive, and NOT the M2 drive that holds my steam and DCS install, is still somehow managed to seriously disrupt DCS. Probably something to do with the high memory this map currently uses, wich is why the other maps dont seem to be a problem. So if you have optane memory, whether accelerates your drive that has your DCS drive or not, turn it off.

Edited by nighteyes2017

Done a couple of simple checks, and before the update that introduced the Syria map in the Caucasus map and Persian Gulf I had framerates that were good enough for me, anywhere between 45-75fps. Caucasus with just 3 or 4 units on the map is using around 12-14gb of RAM in game and a little bit less in the editor. Persian Gulf with about 15-20 units was at 16-17gb of RAM ingame and again, a bit less in the editor. So I was basically running them no problem from the editor, in singleplayer or in multiplayer, never had any problems. Right now, after playing missions on these maps from the editor or from a 'mission' start, I am getting a little stutter every second and the frame rates seem to be a bit lower.

Now with Syria, just a single F-16(me) and nothing else, it is taking around 20gb in the editor, and basically everything else up to 100% RAM use while in game which translates to lower framerates, and much more visible stuttering every 2 or 3 seconds. Many times while in F10 map the and zooming in the game will just take a 3-5 second break and while zooming the view in cockpit to take a closer look on the ground it's the same thing, which seems to be logical having no memory left. Not only annoying but also unplayable. I tried changing graphics settings but nothing help. Made a uch bigger page file and also nothing. Drivers are up to date and it's running from an SSD.

Specs:

i7 6700k @ 4,3Ghz

32GB RAM

GTX 1070

Also attached in game settings.

dcs_set.thumb.jpg.a3b2223fdc936bbf57504c6206e8957a.jpg

Edited by MRW
Done more testing.

Unfortunately I'm having problems with this map too. I don't know if it a memory thing but it crashes on loading when trying F14 Quick Missions. Tried it on low settings but makes no difference.

Also map doesn't work within 'Create Quick Mission'. Syria map is sort of grayed out, doesn't generate a mission and the fly button remains gray.

Caucuses, NTTR, PG, Normandy all fine.

(i7-4790, GTX1080-8GB, 16GB system RAM)

Earlier today i solved my FPS problems by disabling my optane memory. However later in the day i got stuttering again. Then i closed steam wallpaper changer. INSTANT solution!

on monitor, got about 60 frames. Alt tab to desktop, closed wallpaper changer, alt tab back to dcs, 165 FPS!

Steam wallpaper changer does not play nice with dcs.

Chaps,

Try checking your pre-load radius and bring it down to 50% if you're above that. I found that helped a LOT.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Chaps,

Try checking your pre-load radius and bring it down to 50% if you're above that. I found that helped a LOT.

Can confirm - it really helps ingame. Saved me a few gigs of RAM and about 25 Frames, going from almost full preload radius to about 50%.

Doesn't help with the mission editor though, but I assume that's because it needs to load a lot more things than you would ingame.

I did a 4 hour tour flight of the new map today, I had 3 20 minute breaks here and there with my gazelle landed and running (no pause to keep VR from going to sleep)).

So it was a constant running free flight mission in VR for 4 hours.

Damascus was the start and ran superbly, rarely dropping below my locked 45 fps no matter how low or high (50m) I went. I flew out over the mountains and paused to look at Damascus again.... a perfect 45 fps!

I then flew to the coast (Israel), I had probably been flying around 1 hour and now small cities were pulling down my frames to 36 - 40 fps. I headed north up the coast seeing the same lower frame rates with even the smallest of towns. Beirut was ok at 36 - 40 fps, then I flew NE to Baalbek (38 - 45fps) and back to Damascus to see how that was behaving, on arrival it ran low at 30 fps everywhere.

I wonder if there could be a memory leak or something..... or I have to tweak my computers cooling:)

Superb map!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I did a 4 hour tour flight of the new map today, I had 3 20 minute breaks here and there with my gazelle landed and running (no pause to keep VR from going to sleep)).

So it was a constant running free flight mission in VR for 4 hours.

Damascus was the start and ran superbly, rarely dropping below my locked 45 fps no matter how low or high (50m) I went. I flew out over the mountains and paused to look at Damascus again.... a perfect 45 fps!

I then flew to the coast (Israel), I had probably been flying around 1 hour and now small cities were pulling down my frames to 36 - 40 fps. I headed north up the coast seeing the same lower frame rates with even the smallest of towns. Beirut was ok at 36 - 40 fps, then I flew NE to Baalbek (38 - 45fps) and back to Damascus to see how that was behaving, on arrival it ran low at 30 fps everywhere.

I wonder if there could be a memory leak or something..... or I have to tweak my computers cooling:)

Superb map!

I think my description above is incorrect, I reran Flying Damascus when my system had cooled.

The first time I ran the map as stated above, I thought the graphics were not that great. The trees looked funny and the buildings looked toy like, the ground was weird too.

It was not until I flew to the coast did I think the trees looked great and the buildings detailed and on par with the other maps... this is also when the frames dropped. I thought it was weird that Damascus was not as good as the coast line.

Re running Damascus the graphics are now top notch and running a much lower 38 fps.

Weirdly, second time around in Beirut gave better fps, although I spawned there directly instead of flying.

Great Map.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Atleast Syria has forced me to finally upgrade to 32gb from 16. It's been long time coming and it's clear DCS can no longer run in its fullest capacity with 16GB :thumbup:

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

The difference I have in performance with other maps is enormous, something needs to be solved here, the use of ram is enormous and the use of the GPU rises, in my case I start the mission without problems flying in any densely populated city and after a few minutes it begins to lose performance.

Syria map a major resource hog??

I downloaded the Syria map yesterday and was excited to fly out of Incirlik for some fun. I did an instant action F/A-18 Hot start from parking. In VR, the frames rates were sooooo bad, just sitting in the chocks it was almost causing nausea. I had to jump out of that map and try a different one. When I pulled up the exact same instant action mission on a different map - VR frame rates were back to normal while sitting on the ground and flying.

I'll have to try the Syria again with FPS VR turned on, but honestly it couldn't have been more than 10-20fps at best. It was worse than a slide show.

Is anyone else seeing this? Are you having to change your settings to get Syria to run properly?

BTW - this was on the new OB update 2.5.6.53756.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

the first times you run something new the shaders are compiled, so just sit and let it do its thing. You will notice this in the logs. Turning textures down and view distance down massively helps VR rather than magic tricks. ALso if you are a SteamVR and not Oculus you can turn PD down to 0.7 and Steam super sampling up to 140% for good effect. But mainly this is about textures building.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *