mark points

colubridae

Can we transfer the mark point to our wing mates electronically? I know you can verbally transfer it.

Not at this time. Unsure if this will be possible in the future, but I have read that in real life windman ground target designations can transmit onto your SA page via datalink. Maybe they can be hooked/loaded that way, but I do not know.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Well they work almost exactly like any waypoint. In that you have to deselect the current sequence (SEQ1,SEQ2,SEQ3) before you can move to them. The same way you cant select a normal waypoint that isn't part of the sequence you currently have selected.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Just tried this myself. Works well. There must be a way in future updates to share mark points in your flight via datalink?

Yeah, this is an interesting one. Sorely needed but I’m not sure of the real capability.

Link 16 obviously has the ability to share some kind of A2G information. The ‘Transmit Designation’ or TXDSG option on the SA page is used for this. But is this a one time transmission of a specific target or markpoint... or is it a continuous transmission of TGT rather like the SPI transmission in the A10? The first option offers more control and a more permanent way to store datalink received targets.

I’m not sure the Hornet could share AG information pre-link 16. Unlike the F-16 for example that had its IDM for years prior to Link 16.

Yeah, this is an interesting one. Sorely needed but I’m not sure of the real capability.

Link 16 obviously has the ability to share some kind of A2G information. The ‘Transmit Designation’ or TXDSG option on the SA page is used for this. But is this a one time transmission of a specific target or markpoint... or is it a continuous transmission of TGT rather like the SPI transmission in the A10? The first option offers more control and a more permanent way to store datalink received targets.

I’m not sure the Hornet could share AG information pre-link 16. Unlike the F-16 for example that had its IDM for years prior to Link 16.

Ah ok. I didn’t know TXDSG meat that. To be honest I never thought about it. That seems to be worth researching.

Cheers.