Chuck's Guide

BuzzU

The one on Mudspike is the same one that's been there, last updated in September.

Try again. The one I just downloaded from Mudspike is dated 11/11/2020.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Great guide.

As I was reading through the cockpit sections I wondered how to select the Other page on the UFC if there are only buttons for POS, STEER, and WAYPT?

One minor update would be that what is labeled as Canopy Handle is also the canopy breaker tool (one on each side).

Great guide.

As I was reading through the cockpit sections I wondered how to select the Other page on the UFC if there are only buttons for POS, STEER, and WAYPT?

One minor update would be that what is labeled as Canopy Handle is also the canopy breaker tool (one on each side).

OTHER is selected by the further right rotary switch on the CDU - would have to check next time I fly to see if there is a FUNC + button to access that via UFC but thought there was.

For the canopy handles, they rotate and allow you to manually open the canopy (handle on each side). Not modeled in DCS.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I don't see it on the UFC.

I was referring to what the guide labels as Canopy Handle (page 77). It is actually a canopy breaker tool, but can also be used as a handle I assume. The Manual Canopy Opening Assist is a different handle.

Ah yes, my mistake. I was referencing the yellow handles.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Great guide.

What he is saying in the guide is: to use the FSK (function select keys) on the *CDU* - the rotary switch on the CDU panel must be in 'OTHER' and not the other three available positions to use those FSK on the UFC (that are highlighted in green in the image on page 54.

I misinterpreted your statement the first time, apologies for not clarifying that part of the question originally.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

You all should thank him here...

Or even better, support his work trough Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/chucksguides

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

What he is saying in the guide is: to use the FSK (function select keys) on the *CDU* - the rotary switch on the CDU panel must be in 'OTHER' and not the other three available positions to use those FSK on the UFC (that are highlighted in green in the image on page 54.

So I guess there's no need for an Other button on the UFC because the UFC overrides the AAP Page dial anyway. I.e., I can have the AAP Page dial set to any of the positions and still use the UFC to select any of the FSKs and enter data.

So I guess there's no need for an Other button on the UFC because the UFC overrides the AAP Page dial anyway. I.e., I can have the AAP Page dial set to any of the positions and still use the UFC to select any of the FSKs and enter data.

Correct’ish..... What the limitation is, is regarding the FSKs on the CDU, highlighted in green, laid out in a left to right formation aft of the display screen, when not in the OTHER position for the rotary switch. Or at least it seems that is supposed to be the logic.

Those UFC options don’t manipulate or override the rotary switch on the CDU, but act as a “shortcut” or easier to reach option compared to pressing the FSKs just aft of the CDU display screen.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Those UFC options don’t manipulate or override the rotary switch on the CDU, but act as a “shortcut” or easier to reach option compared to pressing the FSKs just aft of the CDU display screen.

But they do override the rotary switch, because like I said, regardless of the switch position I can use the UFC to select any other page or function.

But they do override the rotary switch, because like I said, regardless of the switch position I can use the UFC to select any other page or function.

Last time I used them, last week, they accessed sub pages and not the primary page. Guess I’ll add it to the test list for Saturday...

Cheers,

Ziptie