Development report

6S.Duke

I am buying not only to support but I like the free mod! And if I am to pay for an even better version? Why in the 'verse not? The £££ had been sitting here a year ago. 

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I am buying not only to support but I like the free mod! And if I am to pay for an even better version? Why in the 'verse not? The £££ had been sitting here a year ago. 
Yup! Loved the free module. Donated, got the MSFS one and am for sure getting this one. I consider it a future investment due to how good the free one was, and how much time I've spent in it! Just pure love all the way!
Looking forward to the Gina too, and can't wait for what they will come up with next!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordOrion said:

Being Italian, the Macchino is an icon for me: our AF uses it as basic (A version) and advanced (CD version) jet tranier, moreover it is used by Frecce Tricolori (Italian Aerobatic team) which are one of our most famous national pride (look at my Avatar).

But I'm not dropping my 80$ just to show support (even if devs well diserve them): I'm planning to use it as basic tranier to improve my flight skills in place of the L-39 (nice but too much russian in navigation instruments) and the C-101 (too much a flying hair dryer 😝 ), or when I just feel like wandering around...

I enjoy your enthusiasm. 🇮🇹

I'm looking forward to feedback on the plane and seeing if it's worth diving into. I'm kinda 50/50. Maybe a bit more to getting it than not getting it. But I need to hear some good feedback.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

2 hours ago, Beirut said:

I'm still torn on this plane. I'm sure it will be well done and the devs seem like good guys... but do I want to put in the brain cells to learn a plane that I'm not all hot and sweaty for? 

At least modules like this require considerably less time investment to learn.  I reckon it's possible to become pretty competent in a weekend or less.  It may be study level, but it's a study of a simple aircraft with simple weapons.  Definitely more F-5 than A-10C or AH-64! 

The L-39 is really showing its age now, and the Hawk is long gone.  I think this might be ideal for some low-intensity type scenarios, or just general bimbling.

• Like 5

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

22 minutes ago, Lace said:

At least modules like this require considerably less time investment to learn.  I reckon it's possible to become pretty competent in a weekend or less.  It may be study level, but it's a study of a simple aircraft with simple weapons.  Definitely more F-5 than A-10C or AH-64! 

The L-39 is really showing its age now, and the Hawk is long gone.  I think this might be ideal for some low-intensity type scenarios, or just general bimbling.

True dat! And I do enjoy the F-5.

I have the 339 in the civvy sim, and I like it, but for some reason I have no interest in learning any systems in that sim. I just yutz around and look at the pretty scenery. In DCS I learn the plane, at least enough of it to enjoy the challenge but not so much as to break my very small brain. Also, someone mentioned that the FM for the 339 will probably be much better in DCS than the civvy sim. I can believe that. 

• Like 2

6 ore fa, Beirut ha scritto:

Do you drop $80 just to show support? Or there's the chance the plane will have a touch of that magic and it becomes a favourite. Not easy being a flightsimhead. 

Surely, even if it were $100, the 339 is part of the history of my territory, where it was born.
There is an affective bond with it

Edited by Jazz_82
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 minuti fa, Jazz_82 ha scritto:

Surely, even if it were $100, the 339 is part of the history of my territory, where it was born.

in Italiano: per 100 $ come dicono dalle mie parti: Ti sono nel cuore ma ti vò ner culo 

in English language:if it cost 100$ I'm in your heart but I'm going in your ass

😊

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jazz_82 said:

It's nice to have a connection with a plane. Makes it all the more enjoyable.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow how much it costs.

in Italiano: per 100 $ come dicono dalle mie parti: Ti sono nel cuore ma ti vò ner culo 
in English language:if it cost 100$ I'm in your heart but I'm going in your ass

Somebody's been watching "The Boys" for too long.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

41 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Yeah! Just saw, but that might mean 2.8 is right around the corner? 🤞🏻

Ooooohhh, that would be nice. Can't wait for the new weather effects. 

Still very curious about the pricing of the MB-339. I can't see they would price it as a top tier module like the Hornet or Tomcat. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Still very curious about the pricing of the MB-339. I can't see they would price it as a top tier module like the Hornet or Tomcat. 

It should be 60 bucks (american ones), IFE had many times stated it'd be priced like the other trainers.

Anyway..... IT'S COOOOOOOOMING!!!!

Edited by Gianky
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gianky said:

It should be 60 bucks (american ones), IFE had many times stated it'd be priced like the other trainers.

Anyway..... IT'S COOOOOOOOMING!!!!

If it's tomorrow I'll be a happy camper. I want to see those clouds rolling over the mountains in the SA map. And to see some good review videos of the 339.

60US is about 80Cdn. Not free, that's for sure. I really want to see some good videos of the cockpit. If it's excellent I'll consider buying it. But it will have to be excellent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gianky said:

I still think it'll be next week, but I won't complain if it comes tomorrow.

There are already videos of the cockpit, look at IFE YouTube channel.

I saw some videos but I want a really detailed look at it. 

14 hours ago, Beirut said:

I'm still torn on this plane. I'm sure it will be well done and the devs seem like good guys... but do I want to put in the brain cells to learn a plane that I'm not all hot and sweaty for? With the Mirage it was a clear no, with the F-15E it's a clear yes. This, maybe the price will dictate the result. My guess is it will be around $80Cd (about $60US).

Do you drop $80 just to show support? Or there's the chance the plane will have a touch of that magic and it becomes a favourite. Not easy being a flightsimhead. 

And Simon & Garfunkle songs are best sung by Simon & Garfunkle. It's not Dylan and All Along the Watchtower.

7 hours ago, Jazz_82 said:

I'm not going to buy it, not because I don't want to, but because I don't have money at the moment. I would love to support the developers. In the future when things improve I intend to buy. I hope it sells a lot and is very successful!

• Like 4

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

No news on OB patch for the time being, no high hopes, next week then...

• Like 1

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

No news on OB patch for the time being, no high hopes, next week then...

as soon as we are ready we will update the patch status post and let you all know, for now testing continues on 2.8 

thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Good to know. Thanks. I have been waiting for a year so don't mind waiting for a little more. Just make it great, please!

• Like 1

I'm still torn on this plane. I'm sure it will be well done and the devs seem like good guys... but do I want to put in the brain cells to learn a plane that I'm not all hot and sweaty for? With the Mirage it was a clear no, with the F-15E it's a clear yes. This, maybe the price will dictate the result. My guess is it will be around $80Cd (about $60US).

And Simon & Garfunkle songs are best sung by Simon & Garfunkle. It's not Dylan and All Along the Watchtower.
Or you can download it as trial for 14 days and then decide :)

Inviato dal mio ASUS_I005D utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 6S.Duke said:

Or you can download it as trial for 14 days and then decide 🙂

Inviato dal mio ASUS_I005D utilizzando Tapatalk

When it becomes available, yes. And if it's available right away I will certainty try it with an open mind.

I swear I might just get it because you guys have a good friendly style about you. It's pleasant change from the occasional snootiness with some other devs. 

• Like 7