Error code is: 500

BIGNEWY

@YoungBuckThanks for the info, I haven't seen it. I am actually patient, I see there is a new update as well with tons of new stuff, great. I'm just suggesting a more graceful way how to at least let us play the game in the meantime for the future. Things happen, I know.

BTW, my code was neither 503 nor 500, it was 502 (Bad Gateway, the same currently often visible on their page).

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

1 hour ago, virgo47 said:

@YoungBuckThanks for the info, I haven't seen it. I am actually patient, I see there is a new update as well with tons of new stuff, great. I'm just suggesting a more graceful way how to at least let us play the game in the meantime for the future. Things happen, I know.

BTW, my code was neither 503 nor 500, it was 502 (Bad Gateway, the same currently often visible on their page).

I just got the bad gateway 502 error as well. It is on their side.

Suggestion to tune this aggressive DRM: Make so the token that lasts 3 days is useful as well as after getting the 502 bad gateway error.

I just had a weekend without internet because of my local comms company but could use my modules up to 3 days if I clicked cancel on the log in tab. Of course, I could refresh the token using cellphone tethering to log in again and use DCS indefinitely by activate once again offline mode. The offline mode of course has its dangers with you have a hardware failure and your machine ID changes, but you could use the 'online' token up to 3 days without activating the offline mode.

Having an error that's not on the client side and suddenly every module that you paid for being deactivated is quite a bad feeling to have...

Once you get the 502 error, you can no longer use the saved token from the last successful log in attempt. I just finished a co-op sortie with a friend in the 'online' mode while the patch was being pushed out. Updated>502 error>paid licenses 'unauthorized'.

Aggressive DRM is quite an understatement.

"Multiplayer will not be available.
The following DLCs are not authorized and will be
disabled:
Supercarrier
A-10C II Tank Killer
F-5E Tiger II
F-86F Sabre
PersianGulf
F-14
M-2000C
F/A-18C
Ka-50 Black Shark 3
MiG-21bis
MiG-29
Su-27
Su-33
UH-1H Huey
Syria"

EDIT: I found out the authorization data for 3 days is not compatible across different DCS versions. So if you updated DCS, you'll need at least 1 successful log in attempt to be able to have your modules authorized on the newer version.

Edited by Czar66
Authorization data details across different DCS versions.

I have completed the OB update, but the authorization issue is still there. This is a real mess. I tried the stable version, but it has the same problem.
ED, please communicate with us. We have a right to know what's happening!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 minute ago, LeCuvier said:

I have completed the OB update, but the authorization issue is still there. This is a real mess. I tried the stable version, but it has the same problem.

Their severs are having issues and unable to log in players. If you get a log in error, your modules are disabled, unless you press 'cancel' or is in offline more beforehand.

If you had a log in error, you'll need to wait until their servers are back up normal, unless there is another method...

I am getting auth failed 504 (sometimes 502) in the latest OB DCS. What is wrong?!
I am in timezone GMT +1 (Czech, Prague) - currently set summer time in Windows 10.

Please fix the auth server.

2023-06-08 17:52:26.007 INFO    ASYNCNET (7020): Login success.
2023-06-08 17:53:26.576 ERROR   ASYNCNET (7020): Auth failed with code 504.
2023-06-08 17:53:27.039 ERROR   APP (Main): Failed to get authorization data. Error code is: 504
2023-06-08 17:53:27.039 INFO    APP (Main): Loading cached auth data...
2023-06-08 17:53:27.093 ERROR   ASYNCNET (Main): Auth data is for a different DCS version.
2023-06-08 17:53:27.093 INFO    APP (Main): Nope
2023-06-08 17:54:49.689 INFO    Dispatcher (Main): Loading installed modules...
2023-06-08 17:54:50.099 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL (Main): Can't load mods/tech/wwii units/dcs_module: not authorized

DCS login failed - 504.jpg

dcs.zip

Edited by Magot

vor 6 Minuten schrieb LeCuvier:

vor 18 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

The team is still working on the problem with the servers, we apologize for the inconvenience 

At first I had the "Website unavailable" and all my modules disabled. Now I have "Failed to get authorization" error 504 and all modules still disabled. Did complete repair and system reboot. Windows time is synched.

27 minutes ago, Czar66 said:

If you had a log in error, you'll need to wait until their servers are back up normal,

Guess I'll just blow off DCS for today then...

Edited by II.JG1_Vonrd

For the sake of completeness - I first got unauthorized with 502 BEFORE the update (MT version does not auto-update), so it doesn't seem to be related to the update. Yesterday, I played, today, because of a single 502, I couldn't. Some kind of offline mode/authorization cache would be appreciated. A few days would be more than enough.

BUT: I'm back in business at this moment, seems the problem is fixed on their side. 🙂

EDIT after less than 2h: Back to 504 again... I should have kept the game going in the background just to stay authorized so it seems. This really sucks, I put the head tracking on, getting ready, knowing it's up again... and it isn't. 😞

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

ya, all is now fixed. DCS now downloaded any small client fix on my side

// edit

no, after one successful login, again failed on 504, auth server is still very unstable!

Edited by Magot

Issues here as well. I ran the updater. It did not update, then launched game. I got the the "website" unavailable error but game started ok. I tried to enable "off line" mode but as soon as clicked the game restarted and now everything is disabled again🤦‍♂️

Updated to new patch and immediately get a 504 error authorization. Between you and the Division 2 guys I'm not sure who is winning the most today with their failed patches...

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

This seems to be a problem of the release team having no idea what planet they are on.

Screenshot 2023-06-08 163958.png

• Like 1

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

FFS spin up some more servers please...

• Like 1

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf