Error code is: 500

BIGNEWY

8 minutes ago, Raptor Two Four said:

Same issue, DCS please allow the software to run locally without needing access to the internet - the modules have been paid for.

Please ?  

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

This "failure to login" (error 502/504) problem reminds me about the 7-P's to life: Prior proper planning prevents piss-poor performance. Right now, performance is very low.

I, for one, would like to know how ED plans to mitigate such log jams in the future. Because I saw something similar when the F-15E became available for pre-order; and now we must endure the pains that come along with a large update (which also coincides with the release of the Sinai map).

What's the game plan for to prevent this from happening in the future, ED? Why am I locked out from playing offline with all the modules, including the Sinai map for which you were paid?

Edited by GeoS72

Same here. Error code 502.

Tried to do this:

Try emptying this folder: C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta (AppData folder exists, it's only hidden).

Also delete your C:\Users\your-name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\authdata.bin (it gets renewed automatically).

But no success.

After checking the logs:

2023-06-08 21:56:08.788 INFO    ASYNCNET (16092): Login success.
2023-06-08 21:56:09.035 ERROR   ASYNCNET (16092): Auth failed with code 502.
2023-06-08 21:56:09.498 ERROR   APP (Main): Failed to get authorization data. Error code is: 502
2023-06-08 21:56:09.498 INFO    APP (Main): Loading cached auth data...
2023-06-08 21:56:09.511 INFO    APP (Main): Nope

As I already deleted the authdata.bin file, I no longer get the "ERROR   ASYNCNET (Main): Auth data is for a different DCS version."

I'm currently doing a Repair out of desperation, but most probably it won't work, as it seems to me the problem is on ED's end.

Really sucks having paid for several modules and not be able to use them in a situation like this.

ED, please fix this soon!!!

I'll toss my hat into the "50x" ring. Start the app, all my modules are disabled. They need to fix this and come up with a way to cache authorizations locally with an expiration. Windows can cache login credentials in the temporary absence of a directory server - so this is a solvable issue. 

12 hours ago, Raptor Two Four said:

Same issue, DCS please allow the software to run locally without needing access to the internet - the modules have been paid for.

They can't do that because then someone might be able to copy it off your PC and play it for free!! OMG!!!

But when online authorization doesn't work the 3 day grace period should freaking work. I didnt even have access to the default free aircraft and map.

Edited by EmJay22
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raptor Two Four said:

Here we go again! 504. 😠

I just logged in successfully on two different PCs....

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // VKB STECS Mini Plus Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

13 hours ago, MickV said:

Mine's all sorted and working well. Frustrating, but I'm grateful ED sorted it out promptly. 

I'd be even more grateful if one of the internal testers pretended they are like the rest of us and before each update link up to the same d/l servers that we connect to and do a test run, before making updates available to the public (the real OB testers :doh:)

Edited by oldcrusty

• ED Team

the auth server was rebooted and it has fixed the issue. The team continue to monitor and all issues regarding auth have been reported by me.

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2