Black6

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

So I assume it didn't have any lock on ability from the screens?

The SMS isn't really a screen like a MFD we have now. For the radar, it could track other planes, although basic functions and it lacks features like we have now

bIRbBBR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

A models would be great, from the original to ADF's to MLU's. In my ideal world DCS modules would include entire aircraft families.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Just now, VarZat said:

I agree i would love that, but just imagine how much work that is

On the one hand it's a lot of work, on the other it means DCS isn't going to run out of modules any time soon. It's a tradeoff in a way.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

3 hours ago, VarZat said:

I agree i would love that, but just imagine how much work that is

It's alot, but alot of it would recycle. Also the earlier the jet the simpler it is. Compare the M2000C to the  F-16C block 50, or out F/A-18. The A model Viper would be nearly a whole new aircraft, but a pretty simple one by comparison. The Block 40 that keeps coming up would be able to recycle alot of the current system, and delete others. I would personally pay for both modules. Multiple modules of the same airframe is becoming the norm in DCS. That's a good thing. Especially considering that some of these jets have service lives measured in decades. Seriously consider this. A twenty five year old pilot in 1980 is sixty eight years old now. That much history, that kind of change simply cannot be captured in one example of the aircraft. There is to much of a technological gap. DCS preserves these aircraft in a way no other form of model can. In my opinion it would be amazing to have a representative model from each major pireiod of the aircrafts life. At least an early middle and late example would be nessasery to truly explore and experience a jet like the Viper. Again I would definitely be willing to pay for each module.

• Like 3

On 2/4/2023 at 6:28 PM, Exorcet said:

A models would be great, from the original to ADF's to MLU's. In my ideal world DCS modules would include entire aircraft families.

We basicly have a MLU with the Block 50. The MLU upgrade was designed to bring it up to Block 50/52 standards.

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

10 minutes ago, Falconeer said:

We basicly have a MLU with the Block 50. The MLU upgrade was designed to bring it up to Block 50/52 standards.

Cockpit is still different,  and I don't think the MLUs ever had the ability for 9X only the M, also unsure about 120C, might only have the B.

And several variants of the MLUs(and pre MLU upgrade) have access to Sparrows as well as air to sea missiles and some also had drag chute.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

Cockpit is still different,  and I don't think the MLUs ever had the ability for 9X only the M, also unsure about 120C, might only have the B.

And several variants of the MLUs(and pre MLU upgrade) have access to Sparrows as well as air to sea missiles and some also had drag chute.

Cockpit is also Block 50/52 standard with dual MFD's. Some versions do have different RWR and CH/FL panel. And our MLU's are 120B/C and 9x capable. 

And some have a drag chute like you mentioned, but that is optionele, not MLU specific

Edited by Falconeer
  • Like 1

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

All A variant MLU machines today are more modern then the Block 50 we have in DCS.

List of all drag chute operators:
- Taiwanese
- Turkish (not all)
- Bahraine (not all)
- Israeli (not all)
- Egyptian (not all)
- Iraqi
- Jordanian (not all)
- Omani
- Moroccan
- Indonesian (not all)
- Pakistan (not all)
- Singaporian (not all)
- Chilean
- Venezuelan
- Hellenic
- Polish
- Portuguese
- Dutch
- Belgian
- Norwegian (First user)

Norwegian and Danish F-16s also carry what we call "Russer-lyset" ("Russian-Light" in english) In front of the cockpit. Norway was also the first adaptor here. Apparently the Americans were very frustrated by all the extra stuff Norway needed. Used for identifying russian aircraft, hence the name. 

Norwegian vipers also had the capability of carrying the Norwegian made AGM-119 Penguin anti-ship missiles. Only one in the world. We stopped using it after the MLU though. I dont know exactly why but one of the main reasons i have heard is a change in threat picture, though apparently it was still in the software.  

image.pngPenguin – Store norske leksikon

• Like 2

Varzat_signatur.png

On 2/4/2023 at 1:03 PM, Gunfreak said:

Since DCS is headbutting in currently secret aircraft in modern day. Looking backwards is probably better.  Not only the "hight of the cold war" either but 80s and early 90s.

Yup. Cold war is the future cuz there are plenty of planes and plenty of docs so systems can be modeled with a high degree of fidelity vs modern modules which are "a guess". 

• Like 5

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

16 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Yup. Cold war is the future cuz there are plenty of planes and plenty of docs so systems can be modeled with a high degree of fidelity vs modern modules which are "a guess". 

Not to mention because of all the proxy wars just about every combination of jets fought on ether side, and fought each other. You could easily have wound up with F-16A duking it our with F-14As, F-5s, and F-4s over Iran. British Harriers did fight U.S. A-4s, and I believe Kifirs in the South Atlantic. The list gose on. The Jets can be modeled. Red and blue can be properly represented. Any combination of aircraft could, and likely did fight any other combination. And you were still fighting the jet and the pilot more then the missile. Not to mention the data is there to model them to the 9's. I really think from almost every prospective the virtual not Cold War in DCS is going to be amazing. The F-16A would have been, and was right in the thick of it when if it would have gone hot, and was right in the middle of some of the most intense air to air in places where it was a not so cold war. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Am 3.2.2023 um 19:05 schrieb Falconeer:

The SMS isn't really a screen like a MFD we have now. For the radar, it could track other planes, although basic functions and it lacks features like we have now

bIRbBBR.jpg

That instantly reminds me of the glorious days of my first flight sim experiences 😎

Falcon 3

• Like 6

• ED Team
On 1/21/2021 at 3:16 AM, Black6 said:

Hi, i´d be very delighted if there would by flyable version of F-16 - model A block 10. Or block 15 which is more camon to block 50. It would perfectly fit to Syria scenario in early 80th´s.

I would never say never, but there is currently no plans for other variants of the F-16, perhaps down the line, but I will not that an A is something people would like to consider among others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

On 2/8/2023 at 10:08 AM, ChrisKermit said:

That instantly reminds me of the glorious days of my first flight sim experiences 😎

Falcon 3

Lel that looks very familiar. 

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 2/3/2023 at 5:20 PM, Gunfreak said:

Thanks guys. What would the radar actually look like/show in early 80s models? I assume it wouldn't look like the HDS in the Block 50?

The only air to air weapon the F16 had at that time was Sidewinder. So I assume it didn't have any lock on ability from the screens?

Its radar would be not unlike what the Mirage 2000 currently has, although I don't know if it had Mirage-style TWS. It could definitely lock on, including cueing Sidewinders with the radar. Also, the Sidewinder was not the only AA weapon - it still had the gun, which, with the radar and a quite advanced for its time HUD (including EEGS), was a very effective and accurate weapon. The radar was representative of a typical system of the time, but the small antenna meant it didn't have much range against fighter-sized targets.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 3

On 2/12/2023 at 5:31 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

Its radar would be not unlike what the Mirage 2000 currently has, although I don't know if it had Mirage-style TWS. It could definitely lock on, including cueing Sidewinders with the radar. Also, the Sidewinder was not the only AA weapon - it still had the gun, which, with the radar and a quite advanced for its time HUD (including EEGS), was a very effective and accurate weapon. The radar was representative of a typical system of the time, but the small antenna meant it didn't have much range against fighter-sized targets.

The early APG-66 versions were pretty basic, mostly for SA. TWS was on some very late models but not what we want. You can see the old style "nad gazer" radar in this vid along with the non MPCD SMS page. This is the Viper of the 80's.

On 2/8/2023 at 5:10 PM, NineLine said:

I would never say never, but there is currently no plans for other variants of the F-16, perhaps down the line, but I will not that an A is something people would like to consider among others. 

What about if a 3rd party wanted to do it?

• Like 3

On 2/14/2023 at 8:55 PM, SilentSparrow said:

image.png

Hope we can have Sparrows on it!

That is a block 20 F-16A from Taiwan. Good luck getting anything official in DCS from the Nationalist Chinese Air Force. 

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

3 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

That is very not true. Look at the tail. American markings. You can wish good luck for us to make an F-16A MLU but we won't need it.

I did. Thats why I know who owns the aircraft and you do not. The 21st Fighter Squadron operates the ROC F-16A/B Block 20 aircraft at Luke AFB for training Taiwanese F-16 pilots in the US. It only takes 30 seconds to verify this is true.

• Like 3

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"