F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

Kev2go

F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)  

676 members have voted

1. 1. F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

• Yes, its a feasible as a potential future module
    • No

you guys really should treat the newer guys a little bit better than that. the hobby is hard enough to get into without the inane hard time over something minor like not knowing the designation of an aircraft or cant speak english natively. be better than that.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

6 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

you guys really should treat the newer guys a little bit better than that. the hobby is hard enough to get into without the inane hard time over something minor like not knowing the designation of an aircraft or cant speak english natively. be better than that.

1. My correction was supposed to be a situational joke.

2. The guy joined in 2006 - so we are the new here for him.

3. I don't consider anyone being rude here.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

No offense taken here, btw i'm french so english is not my natural language.
And yes i know that the Growler is EA-18G but just typed too fast and don't reread my answer.

Anyway i still love the growler, but you know what il prefer the A-10 hehe!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Thou gent hast 555 posts since august 2006, th'ref're gent is not new

8 hours ago, icemaker said:

No offense taken here, btw i'm french so english is not my natural language.
And yes i know that the Growler is EA-18G but just typed too fast and don't reread my answer.

Anyway i still love the growler, but you know what il prefer the A-10 hehe!

Blame it on auto correct, that's what I do and 99% of the time it's actually true.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On 11/3/2023 at 3:11 AM, icemaker said:

Man! i'd love to have a F/A-18G

Maybe a G.  The problem with E/F is Heatblur has already promised a Naval version of the F-4, so 'Rhino' is taken.  That's the problem with re-using type calls; you'd think someone would have been more creative, but this is the military.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raisuli said:

Maybe a G.  The problem with E/F is Heatblur has already promised a Naval version of the F-4, so 'Rhino' is taken.  That's the problem with re-using type calls; you'd think someone would have been more creative, but this is the military.

F-4's and F/A-18 Lot 23+ Never Flew at the same time, so Re-using the Rhino call doesnt affect operations.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Just now, SkateZilla said:

F-4's and F/A-18 Lot 23+ Never Flew at the same time, so Re-using the Rhino call doesnt affect operations.

It does if HB brings the F-4 back and Someone(tm) makes the F-18E as requested in this thread.  Bad enough Heatblur is going to make bridle catchers a thing; ED has been able to quietly ignore bridles with the 'community' A-4, but this is a licensed third party making a jet that lacks a launch bar.  Makes me hope they bring in the RN version with that towering nose oleo. 

Pretty rude from a 'Bridles are not used any more, so removing the bridle catchers didn't affect operations' standpoint...  🙃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raisuli said:

It does if HB brings the F-4 back and Someone(tm) makes the F-18E as requested in this thread.  Bad enough Heatblur is going to make bridle catchers a thing; ED has been able to quietly ignore bridles with the 'community' A-4, but this is a licensed third party making a jet that lacks a launch bar.  Makes me hope they bring in the RN version with that towering nose oleo. 

Pretty rude from a 'Bridles are not used any more, so removing the bridle catchers didn't affect operations' standpoint...  🙃

if mission designer were to put them in the same mission then that's on them,
But realistically naval F-4s and Super Hornets never Flew at the same time, nor did half of the aircraft we have in DCS now, 

Basing selection off their board call is not a smart business decision.

As for Bridle Launched Aircraft, you cant expect a developer to make engine changes based on a 3rd party mod, DCS can support Bridles just fine, the 3rd Party team can integrate it on their own if they wanted.

1 hour ago, SkateZilla said:

if mission designer were to put them in the same mission then that's on them,
But realistically naval F-4s and Super Hornets never Flew at the same time, nor did half of the aircraft we have in DCS now, 

Basing selection off their board call is not a smart business decision.

As for Bridle Launched Aircraft, you cant expect a developer to make engine changes based on a 3rd party mod, DCS can support Bridles just fine, the 3rd Party team can integrate it on their own if they wanted.

Goodness.  Okay.  Never mind.  Just ignore the strange kid in the corner; he might say things you don't understand.  Carry on with your regularly scheduled "I want a block 23+ discussion."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

Goodness.  Okay.  Never mind.  Just ignore the strange kid in the corner; he might say things you don't understand.  Carry on with your regularly scheduled "I want a block 23+ discussion."

We will, that's the thread topic.

• Like 1

yes well to all the deniers they said the same thing about the Apache and that happened err unless I been dreaming here!! 😉

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

8 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

Thou gent hast 555 posts since august 2006, th'ref're gent is not new

😮‍💨

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

15 hours ago, The_Nephilim said:

yes well to all the deniers they said the same thing about the Apache and that happened err unless I been dreaming here!! 😉

Who said that about the AH-64?
Also do you understand the AH-64D Modelled in DCS isn't even the more recent D Block?

16 hours ago, EA-18G_BlockII said:

190122-N-UZ648-331_0.jpg?ex=655c0617&is=

190122-N-UZ648-482.jpg?ex=655c0617&is=65

Navy to deploy SDB-II smart weapon aboard F/A-18 aircraft

Pictured: Boeing F/A-18F Lot 26 Super Hornet, USN BuNo 166449

Eventually,
Testing Sqns always have stuff way before the capability is deployed to the fleet, and manuals are made.

Looking at at least 1 year if it passes quals before it's deployed to fleet in a OFP Update and Manual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

Who said that about the AH-64?
Also do you understand the AH-64D Modelled in DCS isn't even the more recent D Block?

Eventually,
Testing Sqns always have stuff way before the capability is deployed to the fleet, and manuals are made.

Looking at at least 1 year if it passes quals before it's deployed to fleet in a OFP Update and Manual.

Well it does not matter who said it but there where a few quite vocal about it not ever going to happen the fact is it was said it would never happen, and yet it happened. like most modules yes I understand that..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

33 minutes ago, The_Nephilim said:

Well it does not matter who said it but there where a few quite vocal about it not ever going to happen the fact is it was said it would never happen, and yet it happened. like most modules yes I understand that..

AH-64 was in plans in 2006 (Originally an A), No one ever said that it wasnt happening, there was posts about the later blocks, some weapons and the -E Variant being a no go.

1 hour ago, SkateZilla said:

AH-64 was in plans in 2006 (Originally an A), No one ever said that it wasnt happening, there was posts about the later blocks, some weapons and the -E Variant being a no go.

well either way we got an apache 64 and I could not be happier,  and I am trying to remain hopefull for a suberhornet that is all 😉  

Edited by The_Nephilim

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 3:44 AM, Gunfreak said:

Not to mention that with out weapons like 120D or even 120 C7. Your not gonna notice much difference in anything related to air to air combat.

You plane will be bigger and you'll have a GIB. But in DCS you're not gonna notice much difference.

The RCS is probably the biggest factor for AA, and it would effect AG too. Even if everything else was the same, I see it as a reason to take the E over the C.

On 10/17/2023 at 10:16 PM, Raisuli said:

I might buy an E, but not an F.

I also much, much prefer the E over the F.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

3 hours ago, Exorcet said:

The RCS is probably the biggest factor for AA, and it would effect AG too. Even if everything else was the same, I see it as a reason to take the E over the C.

Yes, it is superior to the old one, hence it being SUPER.

But the question is, is it super enough in the DCS limited environment to be worth the time and money to make it. 

I would be super happy to just get AIM-120C7 for my F16, the new radar now means you can see certain targets at 90nm even with the old block 50 radar, but you'll not hit anything at more than 55nm even under the most ideal circumstances with the AIM-120C5. The C7 would let you reach out and tuch enemies at 70-80nm. But seems like we'll be stuck with the C5 for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

2 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Yes, it is superior to the old one, hence it being SUPER.

But the question is, is it super enough in the DCS limited environment to be worth the time and money to make it.

In my mind there isn't much that isn't worth it. That doesn't mean that the plane has be done right now, and have all other projects dropped, but I consider the issue of timing and release order to be separate.

2 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

I would be super happy to just get AIM-120C7 for my F16, the new radar now means you can see certain targets at 90nm even with the old block 50 radar, but you'll not hit anything at more than 55nm even under the most ideal circumstances with the AIM-120C5. The C7 would let you reach out and tuch enemies at 70-80nm. But seems like we'll be stuck with the C5 for the foreseeable future.

The C5 can already kill up to about 80 nm in DCS. I wouldn't say no to more missiles, but the C7 isn't the highest on my priority list since it would totally outperform everything else. Even if I prefer the F-16 over any version of the Hornet, I think a Super Hornet would be more interesting than a single missile. It would fit into a lot of the scenarios I make in the ME where currently anything US Navy related only has the C Hornet.

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files