Forrestal Update?

16 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Hey guys,

The forrestal and the Viggen out of EA are our two top priorities right now. More info ASAP on all of these items!

I think you spelled HGU-55 wrong....

But Forrestal is cool too and Viggen guys deserve the love!

• Like 3

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Hope soon and hope Ranger will make it. 

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I hope jester lantirn will come earlier...

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

On 3/3/2021 at 12:29 PM, ebabil said:

I hope jester lantirn will come earlier...

That is unfortunately unlikely - just so you can manage your expactations. But we're doing our best to have it ready soon.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

That is unfortunately unlikely - just so you can manage your expactations. But we're doing our best to have it ready soon.

If you don't mind answering, what is currently the base concept behind Jester LANTIRN? Like, how is it supposed to work?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spurts said:

I am greatly looking forward to a more comprehensive Jester.  Him having LANTIRN will, IMHO, dial this module up to 11.  

"Well, that's one louder, innit?"

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

4 hours ago, CanopyJettison said:

Means "Forrestal" the Forrestal class or just the USS Forrestal?

Im hyped for the Saratoga.

Anyway, thanks for update

Only the Forrestal for now. The "class" was plnned in the beginning but this turned out to be quite a substantial task given all the small differences between the ships. My bet is that we might see another ship of the class with the A-6 or simply much later down the road. Doing all 4 like they originally planned to would take at least a year of hard work, which they are doing for "free" by the way. 

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

If you don't mind answering, what is currently the base concept behind Jester LANTIRN? Like, how is it supposed to work?

IIRC, the Jester wheel aspect concept is along the lines of Jester->AG->target->target location->select target type.  "Jester, look for wheeled/tracked/SAM/Radar/infantry/building targets around WP2" kinda thing.  Far more complex than anything Jester does at the moment but also critical for "Tiger" in the A-6.

The USS Forestal and USS Saratoga where both similar and where slightly different than the USS Ranger and USS Independence which where both similar, The most visible differences were between the first pair and second pair: Forrestal and Saratogawere completed with two island masts, an open fantail, and a larger flight deck segment forward of the port aircraft elevator; Rangerand Independence had a single island mast, a more closed fantail (as seen in all carriers since), and a smaller flight deck segment forward of the port aircraft elevator.

D49FA86D-3B6D-4DBF-BB1D-CC87E9D4D75A.jpeg

30EFF485-B203-433B-B91A-F0701CCF9106.jpeg

C076D907-9FE4-483D-97FF-664472F6BAF3.jpeg

A15D234B-E90E-428B-B607-1BB3530B6A6F.jpeg

• Like 1

So it is possible that HB could do the Forestall and Saratoga first then later on down the road do the Ranger and Independence as from what I can tell the differences between the two “groups/sub-class” is a slight variation in the island, and of course each have smaller differences between the other ship in their “group/sub-class”, Regardless I hope in the long run HB does the entire Forestall class as it would be a nice addition to DCS especially when we get the Vietnam Map whenever it comes because to be honest a Vietnam map is inevitable 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aviation360 said:

So it is possible that HB could do the Forestall and Saratoga first then later on down the road do the Ranger and Independence as from what I can tell the differences between the two “groups/sub-class” is a slight variation in the island, and of course each have smaller differences between the other ship in their “group/sub-class”, Regardless I hope in the long run HB does the entire Forestall class as it would be a nice addition to DCS especially when we get the Vietnam Map whenever it comes because to be honest a Vietnam map is inevitable 

Even having the two former (Forrestal and Saratoga) would be more than welcome. I think only a small number of users will care much about having all 4 ships. I can see them being added with the A-6 though. 😉 

• Like 1

Just now, Skysurfer said:

Even having the two former (Forrestal and Saratoga) would be more than welcome. I think only a small number of users will care much about having all 4 ships. I can see them being added with the A-6 though. 😉 

I would much rather see the Midway and Coral Sea in their 1950s refit configuration for the A-6

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aviation360 said:

I would much rather see the Midway and Coral Sea in their 1950s refit configuration for the A-6

I think they should do those for the A-6 module.. the Forrestal was the first carrier to have a F-14 take off and land on its decks, so it is quite a Important class? rather American Carrier that was fundamental in the early stages of the Tomcat

I most want Ranger & Saratoga for their history & squadrons. Nimitz & Enterprise are both more iconic for early history of the Tomcat, though certainly don't expect HB to do that....  Nimitz at least should be more doable (though out of the scope from ED less of a jump than Enterprise which needs an entirely new model.  

Only hope I could see for Big E is a naval Phantom perhaps with pulldown livery skin for early and later variants? 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2