Forrestal Update?

1 minute ago, MBot said:

No, AI can only be spawned from the defined spawn parking positions (statics cannot be turned into active units). The Stennis (and the Supercarriers) do not have nearly enough to launch a large strike package.

In terms of strike package, sure. Even though the SC technically allows for 16 jets. Kinda silly though, since it is technicaly possible. 

Edited by Skysurfer

I was able to add the animated deck crew from my SC module to the Stennis.  It was some lau file editing, mainly just paths, and copying files to saved games locations, etc. A couple builds ago I was fooling around with a CVN-70 mod from the Stennis and found out the crew can be added. I was able to get Cats 1, 2 and 3 working correctly but 4 was buggy, only the AI could use it.  When the Forrestal gets out I'll revisit that to see if it will still work. 

CVN70_Capture.JPG

• Like 6

On 7/13/2021 at 7:17 PM, Baco said:

Yeah, my "conspiracy theory" is that ED took that work and tweaked it into the Super Carrier deck crew 😉

But remember that Animated crew is portable to any carrier, the only thing that would be lacking would be de Catapult crew and directors...

(and teh LSO and breifing spost yeah, but eye candy wise I mean)...

ED was start making your Carrier Crew on 2015-6, before HB put your pics on 2017.

Il 7/6/2021 at 14:45, Cobra847 ha scritto:

Just a quick update on this front; we are preparing to launch our major F-14 patch and hopefully that will be wrapped together with a proper update on the Forrestal which will then be our target release for the next major DCS patch.

When it is expected next major patch?

Bye

Phant

AMVI

1 hour ago, dandan said:

How long does Forrestal have to wait? Why is the progress so slow? Forrestal should have the highest priority

No, it should not. The aircraft is more important. Unfortunately it comes soon:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/277781-feedback-thread-tomcat-patch-07-21-2021/?do=findComment&comment=4730383

• Like 5

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

35分钟前,draconus说:

No, it should not. The aircraft is more important. Unfortunately it comes soon:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/277781-feedback-thread-tomcat-patch-07-21-2021/?do=findComment&comment=4730383

Only the aircraft can not get a complete historical experience. Forrestal is an indispensable part of F14. The old aircraft carrier can give F14 pilots a more complete and better historical experience

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 5:35 AM, Reccelow said:

I was able to add the animated deck crew from my SC module to the Stennis.  It was some lau file editing, mainly just paths, and copying files to saved games locations, etc. A couple builds ago I was fooling around with a CVN-70 mod from the Stennis and found out the crew can be added. I was able to get Cats 1, 2 and 3 working correctly but 4 was buggy, only the AI could use it.  When the Forrestal gets out I'll revisit that to see if it will still work. 

CVN70_Capture.JPG

Would you be willing to share this knowage?

Its been over a year but I remember how I got started : If you look into the files in this folder in your DCS install       ..\Mods\USS_Nimitz\Database

In any of the supercarrier files (USS_CVN_71.lau for example...) there is a line at the bottom "GT.carrier_crew_config_name = './CoreMods/tech/USS_Nimitz/scripts/GroundCrew.lua';"

This got me looking into the supercarrier scripts subfolder and found if I copied the same folders and structure to the Stennis, edited the Stennis .lau's ....that was how I got going. Its fairly easy once you start experimenting. I dont know any coding, so I just cut and pasted the needed lines that pointed to the subfolders for the crew and animations.  However placement of the actual crew on the deck needs lots of adjustment.  And I never could get cat 4 working so eventually I found it was much easier to edit the island number on the Roosevelt to the Vinson "70".  That only took a few hours after I figured out how to do some basic photoshop.

Hope that helps.  If the Forrestal does make it out, I will see if its possible to do it on that

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Reccelow said:

Hope that helps.  If the Forrestal does make it out, I will see if its possible to do it on that

Why do I get this sneaking Suspicion that Heatblur will do part of this with the Forrestal anyway...

***Burble Question***

So the F-14 Burble effect is coded to The Aircraft itself

The DCS Burble effect will be coded to SuperCarrier

What happens when We Fly Carrier OPs on SuperCarrier with F-14 after ED code their Burble Effect?

Patrick

mini.gif

1 hour ago, Phantom88 said:

***Burble Question***

What happens when We Fly Carrier OPs on SuperCarrier with F-14 after ED code their Burble Effect?

We get double burble effect!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

***Burble Question***

Nothing, same like with the wing wake and vortices - we simply use ours, instead of enabling the default one 🙂

• Like 7

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 weeks later...

Wow still no Forrestal. Fingers-crossed for next update. 😞

• Like 8

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

20 hours ago, pimp said:

Wow still no Forrestal. Fingers-crossed for next update. 😞

Next MAJOR update. "August unlikely, September more likely"

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...

It's september now - any news when THE update might drop? 🙂

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Ou, wait another month, hopefully it will be by Sept. 28th. Really then.

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 64 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

"special update for DCS" aka Vulkan/multicore 😉

Along with JESTER LANTIRN and the Forrestal, exciting times are ahead!

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset