Sniper XR for the Viper?

Gimonz

9 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

This is pre ccip.

?

these videos were posted 2011 and 2013 respectively.  The latter example , appears to be the advanced Sniper ATP-SE from test flight as that was going operational in 2014, and the imagery is quite good. Sharper than 1st gen of Sniper. Adn given the nature video was originally sourced from. It was in fact about the ATP-SE model.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1306

Sniper XR/ATP went into initial IOC in 2005 ( think it was Strike Eagles got them first) , and starting in 2006 was already being issued to  F16CM's block 50's. ( aka post ccip)

So i don't know what you mean the above Sniper pod  videos being "pre CCIP". It fits into operational use within the timeframe ED has decided to represent. Especially given as the Sniper Pod was not being integrated until the F16C CCIP upgrades with Software tape 4.1 . a 2007 Viper would be running Tape 4.2 or 4.3. Though now of course we have something of a tape v4 and 5 hybrid at some point given AGm154 integration but i digress.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

18 hours ago, Furiz said:

Ah nice, thanks;D

Found some promo videos, don't know the exact version of those:

Some more footage for contrast.

Below is test footage from 2001 when the Sniper pod  was still going through testing and evaluations.

Here one does see a difference in resolution quality.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

FYI that's footage from an F15E from an actual combat op against isil. It's not a viper.

https://theaviationist.com/2014/09/30/f-15e-strike-sniper-atp/

Anyways  Please read again. I was able to verify the second was regarding the ATP-SE if you look at the original source i posted. 

Again remember no F16 is using Sniper targeting pods operationally Pre CCIp upgrades. However  the first CCIP kits were delivered in 2001 even when seeing 2001  footage of test evaluation squadrons with Sniper during its testing phases, those could very will have been early evaluation CCIP vipers.

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/6069/first-f_16-ccip-mod-kits-delivered-(july-27).html

So no my friend you are dead wrong claiming pre CCIP footage.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

9 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

This is pre ccip.

Don't know how you know this, it doesn't say anything in video description, vids are from 2013 and 2011 so I assume the footage is made few years before that, wouldn't say 20 years before.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kev2go said:

Nope  Please read again. I was able to verify the second was regarding the ATP-SE if you look at the original source i posted. 

Again remember no F16 is using Sniper targeting pods operationally Pre CCIp upgrades. However  the first CCIP kits were delivered in 2001 even when seeing 2001  footage of test evaluation squadrons with Sniper during its testing phases, those could very will have been early evaluation CCIP vipers.

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/6069/first-f_16-ccip-mod-kits-delivered-(july-27).html

So no my friend you are dead wrong claiming pre CCIP footage.

(Note sorry for the shitty editing but im on phone)

You missread. The phase youre reffering to was to integrate ALL block 50 and with sniper. Sniper did not got its s3 software then. I have read this 2 times now

Screenshot_20210422-094754_Chrome.jpg

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot

1 hour ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

(Note sorry for the shitty editing but im on phone)

You missread. The phase youre reffering to was to integrate ALL block 50 and with sniper. Sniper did not got its s3 software then. I have read this 2 times now

Screenshot_20210422-094754_Chrome.jpg

So again the only vipers that would have been using Snipers pre CCIP ( and thats a maybe) would be the ones testing and evaluating the Sniper before it entered operational use. 

The Sniper Does not enter operational use for F16's until 2006. And that was Software tape 4.1, And no by 2007 All F16C blk 50's are not all using Snipers, as there are still images of F16's  with Lantirns flying in 2007.

Again so you have no way of knowing the above footage was pre CCIP, and frankly I have demonstrated especially given the timeframe and dates of the videos that these would have been CCIP vipers.

11 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

This is pre ccip.

Again this has no relevance, but before making such statements, actually have proof to back up what you are saying. Just admit you were wrong.

image.gif

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

9 minutes ago, Kev2go said:

So again the only vipers that would have been using Snipers pre CCIP ( and thats a maybe) would be the ones testing and evaluating the Sniper before it entered operational use..

the Sniper Does not enter operation use for F16's until 2006. And that was Software tape 4.1, And no by 2007 All F16C blk 50's are not all using Snipers, as there are still images of F16;s with Lantirns flying in 2007.

Again so you have no way of knowing the above footage was pre CCIP, and frankly I have demonstrated especially given the timeframe and dates of the videos that these would have been CCIP vipers.

Again this has no relevance, but before making such statemants, actually have proof to back up what you are saying. Just admit you were wrong.

image.gif

You havent demonstrated anything. You showed me sniper pod started integrating in 2003 for the remaining blk 50 that didnt have it. It didnt get its s3 software until 4.2  Aka 2007. It dosent have anything to do with your point that it isnt pre ccip. Do you even understand what you linked there? Lets not even mention you linked atflir trial for f16 and f15 back in nov 2000...cause that was relevant...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

You havent demonstrated anything. You showed me sniper pod started integrating in 2003 for the remaining blk 50 that didnt have it. It didnt get its s3 software until 4.2  Aka 2007. It dosent have anything to do with your point that it isnt pre ccip. Do you even understand what you linked there? Lets not even mention you linked atflir trial for f16 and f15 back in nov 2000...cause that was relevant...

The onus is on you to prove your statement You started off with:

11 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

This is pre ccip.

So please stop with the bamboozling  because you have not done anything to prove that that footage the other user linked of the Sniper was a at a time when Vipers were pre CCIP. No viper is operationally using sniper pre CCIP.  its as simple as that.  Especially the 2nd video since it was sourced from here.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1306

The S3 software is irrelevant to this discussion . S3 software with tape 4.2  pertains to integration of being able to use SNiper with HTS pod as well as some link 16 functionality. The above videos had nothing to do with testing HTS with Sniper, or showing off Link 16 tgp sharing or other functionality with other aircraft.  So the lack of the above demonstration doesnt do anything to prove the footage was "pre ccip" viper flying with sniper

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2021 at 2:07 AM, Kev2go said:

Some more footage for contrast.

Below is test footage from 2001 when the Sniper pod  was still going through testing and evaluations.

Here one does see a difference in resolution quality.

that looks like atflir not sniper. pod looks nothing like sniper and neither does the symbology. asq-228 was raytheon's entry for the advanced targeting pod competition and test flow on the F-15 and F-16 but lost to lockheed's AAQ-33.

Edited by Crptalk

Yes indeed, always the same thing with the viper systems! Pronounced something to come like the sniper pod. And then cancel it because less available data...!!!
Sorry that I have to say that: ED, thats a shame in my opinion. And a punch in the viper community face again!
There are more or less the same data available like for the atflir pod for the hornet. This was done like always for the hornet!

There is another sim out there which modeled the Sniper Pod quite well, with real F-16 pilots in there dev-team! So ED has only to look at this and the capabilities of the sniper pod and more or less copy paste it. But ED said there are not enough data available, sorry but thats bullshit!

I think i worked out like this:
ED: "Wait, another pod for the viper? But we have to do the Apache and the hind. I have an idea: So we say we dont have the information, the viper community will understand that as always!"

As it can be read out, I'm a little bit angry about yet another canceled system!

Edited by jojojung

55 minutes ago, jojojung said:

Yes indeed, always the same thing with the viper systems! Pronounced something to come like the sniper pod. And then cancel it because less available data...!!!
Sorry that I have to say that: ED, thats a shame in my opinion. And a punch in the viper community face again!
There are more or less the same data available like for the atflir pod for the hornet. This was done like always for the hornet!

There is another sim out there which modeled the Sniper Pod quite well, with real F-16 pilots in there dev-team! So ED has only to look at this and the capabilities of the sniper pod and more or less copy paste it. But ED said there are not enough data available, sorry but thats bullshit!

I think i worked out like this:
ED: "Wait, another pod for the viper? But we have to do the Apache and the hind. I have an idea: So we say we dont have the information, the viper community will understand that as always!"

As it can be read out, I'm a little bit angry about yet another canceled system!

In the other sim, the Lantirn, Lightning, and Sniper are all the same

• Like 1

vor 14 Minuten schrieb llOPPOTATOll:

In the other sim, the Lantirn, Lightning, and Sniper are all the same

I think you will get enough data to implement it in DCS. We have the avionics and you get a rough view of the capabilities from Open source available sheets and videos. Maybe its not 100% accurate because of classified data but is the burning time and range of the aim120 100% accurate in DCS? I think its not because of classified information. But of course the aim120 is modeled in the game. DCS itself an any simulated system can not be 100% accurate, thats part of the deal. It is always a compromise.

So in my point of view try it as close as you can and go for it. 

With this mindsetting you will get enough data for the Sniper pod, I think.

Edited by jojojung

3 minutes ago, jojojung said:

I think you will get enough data to implement it in DCS. We have the avionics and you get a rough view of the capabilities from Open source available sheets and videos. Maybe its not 100% accurate because of classified data but is the burning time and range of the aim120 100% accurate in DCS? I think its not because of classified information. But of course the aim120 is modeled in the game. DCS itself an any simulated system can not be 100% accurate, thats part of the deal. It is always a compromise.

So in my point of view try it as close as you can and go for it. 

With this mindsetting you will get enough data for the Sniper pod, I think.

The amraam is also missing an entire guidance mode

Guys, not that i'm wanna put down your wish to have the Sniper Pod, but what more do you need as an answer from ED than the one Bignewy gave on steam ? What difference would it make if it came from anyone else from ED ? Bignewy is a staff from ED, i would assume he knows what he's talking about concerning such things and wouldn't give that kind of an answer if it wasn't official all the way up whithin ED.

I was probably one of the first to be super hyped the very first time i saw it in the coming features for the Viper

--->

(Which was announced black on white in the Dev roadmap of the viper when first announced, than later edited the post and replaced the Sniper Pod or removed it simply).

I still hope things can change, but i don't wanna get my hopes up following what Bignewy answered me on Steam. At the end of the day the Viper is still a long way from completion so yeah...

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

Yea but if you check the dates, that post was edited in july 2020, and the news announcement for Sniper XR was given in august 2020, that's why I'm asking for the answer.

Well we all got the answer, and that answer is the one Bignewy posted on steam. Why look further than that ?

Edit : Would you be satisfied if Bignewy came here in this thread and adressed it to your personnaly while saying the exact same thing he wrote on steam ?

Edited by SparxOne

44 minutes ago, SparxOne said:

Edit : Would you be satisfied if Bignewy came here in this thread and adressed it to your personnaly while saying the exact same thing he wrote on steam ?

Yes I would.

And I wish a little more detailed answer instead of "less information" from him. 

The Viper got so many canceled systems, the hornet gets it all. In the Viper it is all canceled because of classified information or realism issues for the DCS modeled Block 50 USNG from 2007. 

For the hornet and maybe for the atflir too there are even more less information available.

And realism doesnt have the most Important effect to some systems (magic TOO/HAS Sensor for the Harm, laser code changeable inflight, no MAV alignment at all, etc.) 

For me it seems that it hits the Viper more often then other ED modules like the Hornet. 

The chancled Sniper Pod is only the next step in this big disappointment. Sorry that I have to say that!

• Like 4

Who knows if they are going to release it or not... What gets me is simple... We could start naming the other sim in here by name and they would swoop down in an instant and close and lock the thread, meaning they are reading these forum posts... A simple clarification from any of them would be nice.. 

• Like 1