DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

Yes, 6x Mavericks and 16x AT-6 Spiral.

He took out the targets before we even got in range...

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Proper mission planning screen rather than just launching into a prepared brief with no way of changing waypoints etc or weapon loads. Also the ability to add mission data (such as SAM sites, killboxes, FLOT lines etc) at the planning screen.

This would be especially useful for multiplayer (which is the only way to fly imo). While not essential for Black Shark, for the A10 module I'd consider this as a must have. Things like this are the major factor keeping old simmers and Falcon flyers away from DCS.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

changing waypoints etc ... add mission data (such as SAM sites, killboxes, FLOT lines etc) at the planning screen.

This can be done ingame (either by the mission creator, or) by the player once they are in the cockpit - should they chose to do so...

Oh, and a feature to print mission-briefings from within the game.

A "send ME image to printer" button in the ME - that's a good idea :-)

Cheers.

This can be done ingame (either by the mission creator, or) by the player once they are in the cockpit - should they chose to do so...

A "send ME image to printer" button in the ME - that's a good idea :-)

We are aware of this fact, and it is nice you model it as such. But until it can be done at the mission planning phase it is still very much lacking, especially for western aircraft when they are released.

Edited by Eddie
Spelling/Grammar

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Cheat protection...

ScreenShot_015.jpg

Oh, and a feature to print mission-briefings from within the game.

Well you can see now why it takes 2x Vikhrs to destroy an Abrams - I had no idea they were such differing sizes! (I did about the warhead though).

Sorry for derail, just gobsmacked.

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

But until it can be done at the mission planning phase it is still very much lacking, especially for western aircraft when they are released.

I don't know whether I agree or not... it's not something I know a whole lot about, but my impression is that pilots at a briefing for a mission are given their flight plan, rather than deciding it themselves, and to the extent that they would be putting additional route points or information into their on board navigation systems, they'd be doing it from the cockpit. No ???

Cheers.

I don't know whether I agree or not... it's not something I know a whole lot about, but my impression is that pilots at a briefing for a mission are given their flight plan, rather than deciding it themselves, and to the extent that they would be putting additional route points or information into their on board navigation systems, they'd be doing it from the cockpit. No ???

No, at least not in western aircraft/air forces. Our crews plan their mission (including thier route within certain perameters such as air corridoors etc) and setup mission data such as SAMs and other threats as well as other data in the mission planning room. This data is then loaded onto a data cartridge (basically a posh flash memory drive) and plugged into a slot in the cockpit, this data is then loaded into the avionics during the startup procedure.

It isn't actually possible to add data in the aircraft in the same way as you can in the KA-50 in any UK or US aircraft I have worked with/alongside of. The only things pilots can change in flight are waypoint positions and they can only add mark points. SAM sites and others threat positions can be added in flight automatically in some aircraft with the relevant systems/pods.

Pilots don't generally get to pick their own weapon loads however, although they may have some input in their selection. But I still feel for the purposes of sim flight, especially in multiplayer it's a function we should have.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Request for changes in the External View

More granular "general" control of viewable objects.

The ability to enable view for hidden objects. This means the "hidden"parameter will only hide it in the mission designer - and you can debug a mission in the game, spectating the hidden objects.

(Amendment to the *very* granular control stored "per object" as hidden=true/false).

This will enable us to have better control on Multiplayer servers and campaign and easier switch from programming/debug mode to release - as well as change the mode's whenever the audience for the mission changes (newbies to veterans).

Today

Map view / mission options allow for:

- View Allied

- View Enemy

- View Self

Requested change

Similar options saved as mission parameter so you can set the following:

Map View (per Class):

* All/Enemy/Allied Static

Option: Include Hidden Objects [True/False]

* All/Enemy/Allied Ground Units

* All/Enemy/Allied Ships

* All/Enemy/Allied Airborne Units

Faction External View:

* All/Enemy/Allied Ships

Spectator External View:

* All/Enemy/Allied Ships

Server-side Parameters

Additionally - a server-option to override the mission parameters, so it can be switched "on the fly" if you get new audience for your server.

The parameters *must* be stored in a file that can be verified by the new "anti-cheat" mechanism in 1.0.1.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

All of my wishes have been allready told I think. But I have one that would be good. If there could be an option that you could select to have the pilot body present in the cockpit permenantly in the options menu. So you can turn it on and off for all missions. I suppose it is a "realism" setting. Just my 2c. :D

DCS is not trying to attract the average gamer

Of course they are (there's a lot of money there) - It's not their primary target audience, but they want them too - that's why the arcade modes & scaleable difficulty are there ...

Cheers.

And perhaps out of the ten average gamers we may gain someone who becomes a serous DCS gamer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I have a new Wish :)

arma2 meets DCS

Bohemia interactive do a ground warfare module for the DCS series. and ED do a flight module for the ARMA series..

:)

P.S nice to see GGtharos having some input over there :)

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS is not trying to attract the average gamer...

the average gamer dose not want to spend 5-10 mins on a start up sequence, let alone to read a 500 page manual...

You're quoting and replying to the very first post of an 82 pg thread? Little late, aren't-cha?:huh:

...Welcome to the forums, btw. Good ta have ya....

......the average gamer dose not want to spend 5-10 mins on a start up sequence, let alone to read a 500 page manual.......

And Guess What - You don't have to.......:thumbup:

But then you would have known that if you had done your Homework.......;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

DCS is not trying to attract the average gamer...

the average gamer dose not want to spend 5-10 mins on a start up sequence, let alone to read a 500 page manual.

Yes, DCS is not trying to atract average gamer and will not (I hope never) - whole idea is different. We here are not average gamers ;)

Hi everyone,

I just read a thread about helicopters simulated in FSX. Someone mentioned the dodosim add ons. While browsing their page I read the following:

All this realism isn't easy to master for a novice pilot so we have introduced several modes including auto-start and tutorial mode. The helicopter can speed through the start up and shut down sequences on its own or the pilot can follow on-screen prompts through the start up/shut down sequences as the helicopter highlights each function on the 2D panels as they are required.

I thought something similar could be a good functionality for lessons/training concerning the various systems. Maybe like a keyboard shortcut for requesting help (to highlight the system/button/panel to go on with).

Bye, bfeld

Edited by bfeld

In other sims, such as Falcon 4.0, helpful independent developers (i.e., hackers) created flash-based applications to help with the start up procedure.

As for help while in the procedure, that's what checklists are for! ;)

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

If the Apache will be next, the logic next step would be the Hind.

But since there is no official news on what's next after the A-10C, nothing is set in stone, yet. Got to admit, that I'd love to see the Apache vs Hind scenario, though.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD