DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I would like beeing able to declare an emergency including firedepartment ready with sirens and blue flashlight to add more reallity to it. Also some ppl running around the airplane while refueling, rearming and repairing so one knows that actually something is happening. Will probably never going to happen but isnt this a wish list? And its close to X-Mas :smilewink: I would also like to have mor action at the airports. Life over there is pretty boring. No vehicles, no movement just static objects. Thats kinda boring. I am a player since Flanker 2.0 so I am a strong believer in the DCS series :) But airport feeling is not very real life like...

Just my 2 cts. But I am still loving that game! :thumbup:

Merry X-Mas to everyone

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

Hi Cali,

that we already have. If climb high enuff you get white contrails. If I am not mistaken even in every plane.

cheers,

Demon

You read what I said wrong. Ever since lomac-FC2, contrails have always started at 26,000 feet and stopped at 40,000 feet. I want them to start and stop at different altitudes according to the weather. I don't know if this has changed in FC3, but I doubt that it has been.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I would like to be able to get out of my plane (A-10c) and walk around and then be able to get back in my plane by climbing in via ladder and not have to eject to walk around! There's no real reason for this but i'd think it would be a cool little feature.

Pilots always walk around their plane before flight. It's functional :)

'Frett'

Accurately Enhanced FX

Better Sounds & Explosions + well timed Impact shake Animations

+ better G force pilot motion + more realistic camera view with a wider angle..not so zoomed?

Basically we want the real adrenaline experience without joining flight academy

that's the only feature we wish for this Christmas or in general :)

sounds have already been done.

massive audio production mod shortly check link below for video demo.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a addition of the Iranian Saegheh aircraft in some AI flyable form for mission making. Now I understand that this is still very new for Iran and only produced a few but just a addon aircraft. Thank you

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

ED...take a look at this ocean shader.. imagine ships on that and then even better carrier landing with an AFM jet. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jMGYozyYq6s

In general I think that we have a very weak grafic engine compared to the many times older Falcon 4.0 which got a tremandous power up through the community. I love lockon and love every minute when I play it but we defenetly need a better grafic engine. The time is over where we want to look at pyramid mountains and trees made of 2 polygons. Lockon deserves more than that.

Cheers

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

In general I think that we have a very weak grafic engine compared to the many times older Falcon 4.0 which got a tremandous power up through the community. I love lockon and love every minute when I play it but we defenetly need a better grafic engine. The time is over where we want to look at pyramid mountains and trees made of 2 polygons. Lockon deserves more than that.

Cheers

Demon

The rise of flight graphics engine looks amazing. The trees and landscape looks amazing.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

The rise of flight graphics engine looks amazing. The trees and landscape looks amazing.

Yeah, that I call the next gen simulation. I have it but dont luke it too much. If we only could import our jetfighters in that environment. It is more than about time ro get better terrain grafics in dcs. FM are pretty good and convincing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

As already stated before, concerning differences between RoF and DCS-W:

Slightly different scale of project though - the channel map is - looks like - 60km x 100km, of which half is water ?

That's 6000km^2, maybe 3,000km^2 of land

The current DCS map is ~ 330,000 km^2, maybe 220,000km^2 of land

So 55 times bigger & 70 times more land...

and

Channel map for RoF is also based on the same engine and area (small) that RoF has been using. Throw in lack of ground object (i.e. no infantry, severe lack of vehicles, empty airfields), and it shoud not take much time to make.

Trying to compare the simplistic landscape of RoF to DCS is silly.

But, I'm OK, trees in RoF are amazing.

The problem is we don't fight against trees (or we'll have problem with greenpeace ;)

BTW, I'd have one request: destructible and collidable trees (Eagle drivers don't care, but for BS,... )

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Relating airbase runway lighting, the lights shouldn't be turned off after incoming unknown/enemy aircraft are detected by GCI/AWACS? If it isn't to difficult to implement the logic, this and permanent runway destruction should add to gameplay.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Small Diameter Bomb (SDB)

dvd-1260-1.jpg

it can be really helpful for long missions, deep strikes and things like that.

imagine taking 2 F-15Es to a deep strike with.... how much? maybe 2-4 31s...

now.. imagine you can arm 1 F-15E with 24 super accurate bombs that can be used to destroy almost all kinds of targets.

THIS IS A DIFFERENCE, just think about it.

Laser Guided JDAM

GBU-54-laser-JDAM.jpg

can be used with GPS/INS or with Laser guidance

this beast can make alot of difference

for instance:

1 x A-10

Loadout - 10 x GBU-12, TGP, Rockets, ALQ, Aim-9.

-night operation

Target: 2 Ammo Depots and 1 Command center

the plane is now fencing..... ground is now covered with heavy fog...

chances of hitting are much smaller now because laser cant get through the fog......

now.... say you have a bomb that can lock with GPS or LASER

much better.

if i'm wrong in anything i said here please tell me.

"Today we'll do the hardest we can. Tomorrow we'll do the impossible." -IAF

Small Diameter Bomb (SDB)

it can be really helpful for long missions, deep strikes and things like that.

imagine taking 2 F-15Es to a deep strike with.... how much? maybe 2-4 31s...

now.. imagine you can arm 1 F-15E with 24 super accurate bombs that can be used to destroy almost all kinds of targets.

But you never would, because that many bombs on the 15E is just a waste of space. There is the possibility that you might run into a case where you need to do this ... but that is an exception.

for instance:

1 x A-10

Loadout - 10 x GBU-12, TGP, Rockets, ALQ, Aim-9.

-night operation

Target: 2 Ammo Depots and 1 Command center

the plane is now fencing..... ground is now covered with heavy fog...

chances of hitting are much smaller now because laser cant get through the fog......

now.... say you have a bomb that can lock with GPS or LASER

much better.

if i'm wrong in anything i said here please tell me.

Yes, you are. Try 2 F-16's (I know you want to say A-10's. A-10's wouldn't do this sort of missions) or 2 F-15E's with four GBU-31's each, if the buildings are all close to each other. That is enough weapons on each jet to kill all targets and the two jets can back each other up.

With LGB's, you'd probably see at least one jet per building with two bombs each.

In RL you don't normally assign one plane to blow up a whole bunch of targets, unless it's a real bomber, and even then those targets will be close to each other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

well... you are right, i wont say you're not.

but i think it also might be a good addition to the game if you implement those munitions as you should..

i mean like put fuze delay and this kinda stuff

and i know its not the right place.. but do you have any news about nevada map?

Edited by PhysGun
"Today we'll do the hardest we can. Tomorrow we'll do the impossible." -IAF

As weapon modeling becomes more complex, more weapons will eventually be simulated.

As for Nevada, no more news other than what is out there already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

RAAF!!

I have already said this but I am going to ask again because I was disapointed that I couldn't make or fly missions with my country in them.

PLEASE ADD AUSTRALIA TO THE COUNTRIES YOU CAN HAVE THE PLANES AS!!!!!!!!!!!

I know all the planes that can be flown are not in the RAAF but when they do come around I want the be able to fly as the RAAF. Also Australia can still be added with all the planes that are in the RAAF currently and they can be AI until one of the planes is made into a module that we can fly.

I just really want AUSTRALIA. Please add Australia to DCS ED. That is my biggest wish. To fly on DCS as my country.

I like Pi. :pilotfly:

Go the RAAF!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...
I have already said this but I am going to ask again because I was disapointed that I couldn't make or fly missions with my country in them.

PLEASE ADD AUSTRALIA TO THE COUNTRIES YOU CAN HAVE THE PLANES AS!!!!!!!!!!!

I know all the planes that can be flown are not in the RAAF but when they do come around I want the be able to fly as the RAAF. Also Australia can still be added with all the planes that are in the RAAF currently and they can be AI until one of the planes is made into a module that we can fly.

I just really want AUSTRALIA. Please add Australia to DCS ED. That is my biggest wish. To fly on DCS as my country.

Just put some red or orange celephane over your eyes :P

TBH i would love to use the GAU-8 on some Holden / Ford utes, and their white frame'd sunglassed occupants.

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

The possibility to change defaultpayload for playeraircraft in quickmissiongenerator would be nice. Right now FC planes like Mig29 or Su27 spawns guns only per default, you always have to adjust the payload through mission planner. It would be nice if we could skip this step by chosing before generating the mission if we want to engage air to air, mixed or air to ground and receive some defaultpayloads for this.