DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

There's no reason for him to warn anyone of a turn. It's so gentle that it isn't needed. Real B-52's refuel at 60 deg bank and 2g's, players can't handle a 15 deg bank and need to be told that there's a turn happening ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I feel that something is wrong with my JDAMs. I know that those can get really really fast when dropped from high altitudes, but they don't in DCSW it seems.

Oh, and before I forget it: The blast radius of bombs feels somewhat weak. Surely a truck standing 50m away from a mk-82 impact would have a bad day, wouldn't it?

What's with the feeling? There's nothing wrong with the JDAM's. If your bombs are hitting 50m difference, i feel your technique needs to improve instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

I think you got me wrong, this is not about accuracy of the JDAMs. I love them and I hit my targets almost every time.

But did you notice that if you drop a JDAM it seems to never exceed a certain speed? (some 200-300 knots IIRC). It even slows down while falling down toward its target. There is something wrong. When you drop a JDAM from 20.000 feet it will get really really fast, 600 knots or so.

EDIT: I don't know the speed exactly but I found a source that says the terminal velocity of bombs in WWII was about 250-300 m/s, so that would be somewhere around 500 knots. Even if the JDAM was quite a bit slower I would bet that it easily exceeds 400 knots.

Concerning the Mk82s:

Yes, in most cases I also destroy my targets with mk82 although I don't like dumb bombs that much.

BUT the J-FIRE document (page 58 ) tells me that you should stay away from bomb explosions because at 250m without cover you have still a fairly decent chance to get hit with significant force by that thing. In DCSW I drop a bomb 50m next to a truck and apparently it doesn't take damage. If you do that in real life that truck is most likely toast. Even a bunker would take damage at that distance.

EDIT: IIRC hitting 50m next to the target with a dumb bomb even counts as a hit in the USAF.

Edited by Aginor

If they turned really smoothly like in BMS I would also say there's no need for a warning. But the way it is now...

It's not that bad.

Edited by redfish
spelling mishtakes....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

how about the ability to select a skin/paintjob in any kind of other way then having to build a mission around it?

You should be able to change your mission waypoints, weapons loadout, and skin on the briefing screen in the mission planner section.

You mean it rolls too fast?

Well, the problem is that the moves of the tankers in DCS are nowhere as smooth as they look on real life videos. They suddenly pull on the stick like crazy it seems.

If they turned really smoothly like in BMS I would also say there's no need for a warning. But the way it is now...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ermmm... no. It is hard to describe. I know the tanker can roll that fast, no problem (you can see it at air shows).

In BMS it is smooth. I don't know which one is the more realistic one.

But the motion in DCS feels very sudden and violent for me.

Basically I would expect a smoother roll acceleration in the first second of the turn I guess.

At the moment I'm trying to find a youtube video from a KC-10 or KC-135 where you can see the moment it starts turning. Didn't find any yet (not even the one I was referring to a few days ago).

EDIT: Just found a quote that says nowadays it is normal to not exceed 15 degrees of bank angle. (sometimes 30 degrees, and 70 in earlier days refueling the B52) Trying to find another source to check that.

EDIT2: I found is a nice source: NATO document ATP-56(B) Reading it now.

Edited by Aginor

I don't know what 'classified' has to do with modeling IFF - for the end user of the flight sim, IFF simply says 'friend or foe' for a given contact.

I don't know what needs fixing, either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So you're saying that the initial roll rate is too high, with no ramp-up.

Basically I would expect a smoother roll acceleration in the first second of the turn I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I think so. Still trying to confirm with real life sources though.

I just did another few refuelings in DCS:A-10C and I think the "problem" is not as big as I remembered it (normally I don't do racetrack but circle since I think the sustained turn is easier), I didn't get disconnected but I was close twice (started at 20% fuel). I still think they could fly a bit smoother.

Dunno about other pilots, maybe I just suck at refueling. :D

Edited by Aginor

I actually put in a bug for that to be fixed a while ago ;) If there is still an issue, which is possible, the devs might be able to look at further fixes.

Back in the day the roll was immediate with full roll rate, and it was insanely difficult to keep up with it. Now, the tanker does a very nice job of rolling slowly for you, and without the 'kick' in the roll-out either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would like to see shimmering puddles on a runway or if you like a reflective sheen across the runway with glare if we fly missions with rain. Maybe even have that reflect the lights of your aircraft I think that would be a really nice touch particularly with the F/18 on a carrier deck being released in the future

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I would like animal life to be emplemented...

When I parachute and there is no civilian trafic or ground drivable units arround, I would like to jamp on a poor donkey or a cow and ride back to my airbase...

A ''DCS Donkey'' sim would be just perfect !:doh::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ohh Oh I forgot!!!

And a DCS Hunter :gun_sniper:will be useful when you have to wait for a week or 2 for madivac, then you need to kill something to eat :wassat: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And dont forget a ''DCS Bar'' :beer: for when you finish a mission, go there with your friends and have some more fan!!! :drunk::drunk:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I would like animal life to be emplemented...

When I parachute and there is no civilian trafic or ground drivable units arround, I would like to jamp on a poor donkey or a cow and ride back to my airbase...

A ''DCS Donkey'' sim would be just perfect !:doh::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ohh Oh I forgot!!!

And a DCS Hunter :gun_sniper:will be useful when you have to wait for a week or 2 for madivac, then you need to kill something to eat :wassat: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And dont forget a ''DCS Bar'' :beer: for when you finish a mission, go there with your friends and have some more fan!!! :drunk::drunk:

you don't need to simulate any of that... its easily doable/accessible for most in real life (unlike flying a military jet) :music_whistling:

No longer active in DCS...

you don't need to simulate any of that... its easily doable/accessible for most in real life (unlike flying a military jet) :music_whistling:

Very true..:smilewink:

But do not forget that there are many kids these days that grow up in large citys and never whent out in the forest or visit a vilage..:music_whistling: They ve seen this creatures only from the TV:smilewink:

I dnt think you got me seriusly:huh:

Or did you?:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War