Most wanted DCS airplane...

Dr. Mitsos

Most wanted DCS airplane...  

1346 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted DCS airplane...

I loved that plane in FlightUnlimited I, so why not. :D

Voted for F-18, because it wasn't simulated that good in past and carrier ops are quite nice. DI's Super Hornet wasn't good at all, besides the carrier ops and Janes F-18...mhhh, didn't liked the flight model. :joystick::furious:

But also a Harrier, Tornado or simply every Sukhoi would be cool.

Edited by Sid6dot7

Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.4 Ghz | 12 GB RAM (DDR3-1600) | Nvidia Geforce GTX660 Ti/2GB (Driver Ver. 381.65 ) | ASUS P8Z77-V LE Plus | SB Audigy 2 ZS (kxProject 3552) | Samsung SSD 830 Series (Sys: 64GB, DCS+other: 128GB) | Saitek X52 Pro + TM MFDs | TIR4: Pro (TIR 5.4.1.26786 Software) | Windows 10 Pro (x64, non Anniversary)

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a vintage fighter, it's a modern aerobatic aircraft :smilewink:

Did I say it's a vintage fighter? :wassat:

It's in the game to test the new flight-physics. A bonus and a gift to the many virtual aerobatics teams. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probly the Hawk to train on the new ARM jests but the Welsh mountians needs to be modeled aswel.

Failing that the JAG, no radar [well for the R.A.F. anyway] and limited A2A heat seekers only so no classified stuff.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I voted 'other western'. Any era? A6 Intruder

Something newer, F14. ...If you want F16 kicks there's already decent stuff on the market. It's already far overdone.

Anyone remember 'Flight of the Intruder' by Spectrum Holobyte? :) The movie by the same name was equally exciting -because it flys low amidst all the AAA and small arms.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I voted 'other western'. Any era? A6 Intruder

Something newer, F14. ...If you want F16 kicks there's already decent stuff on the market. It's already far overdone.

Anyone remember 'Flight of the Intruder' by Spectrum Holobyte? :) The movie by the same name was equally exciting -because it flys low amidst all the AAA and small arms.

Far overdone in arcade mode that is, Falcon 4 is an avionics SIM, forget about its flight model and missile perfomance (not to mention scripted radar modeling). You quicly arrive to the conclusion you never had a complete package before.

In essence we start all over for DCS in terms of study SIM. Theres no comparison possible no matter the plane and the SIM your talking about.

You are plainly reduced to whatever type you preffer.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

F-16 of cource! It will be very easy for the ED team to develop that pack because you can find many sources! Look OF!

OF is hardly a valid source of decent information about the F16. Don't get me wrong, i think it's a decent sim in itself but there's many things that OF does not even touch on.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

F/A-18C! That way, if there ever is a way to merge Black Shark and LOMAC, there will be an American carrier-based fighter. I like the E and F model, but they are still somewhat secret... Even if merging is never possible, I would still like to see this jet. The russians have a naval presence, I think it should be even, at least as far as roles are concerned.

Actualy DID's total Air war did an awsome job at simulating F-22's avionics. The worst part of it were the sci fi weapons loadouts.

If DCS featured it, people would complain how boring it was to fly it, and online, everybody flying against it would complain the same on the opposite way.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

OF is hardly a valid source of decent information about the F16. Don't get me wrong, i think it's a decent sim in itself but there's many things that OF does not even touch on.

Don't mix up the limitations of the 10 year old engine with the data that is the basis of the simulation. He doesn't say that you can take OF into the DCS-Engine and have an 100% perfect F16-sim, but that OF is based on official data and stuff openly accessable that will make modelling the F-16 in DCS much more simple than most other planes.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I just voted for "other eastern aircraft". So, just to add, I would like to see Mi-24V Hind in DCS. I am sure that it would be very interesting to fly it in pilot/gunner multiplayer combination. I hope other people would support that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm a bit of an old school type of guy and all these MFD-equipped aircraft do not make me particulary interested... My wishes would be MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K/M, Su-24M/MR/MP, MiG-25PD and leter model Rs, Su-17M4 and Mi-24V (or VP ;-))...

С уважением,

Tompax (>o<-<

IMHO US aircraft have been done to death in flight sims. Would be great at some stage to see some western European aircraft.

My personal favorites would be Harrier, Jaguar or Bucaneer, with SAAB Draken or Viggen and various models of Mirage coming in a close second.

....... Oh and a kick a$$ Scandanavian map with loads of lovely fjords to fly down!!

Sorry..... Just had a flashback to EF2000.........!! :pilotfly:

IMHO US aircraft have been done to death in flight sims. Would be great at some stage to see some western European aircraft.

My personal favorites would be Harrier, Jaguar or Bucaneer, with SAAB Draken or Viggen and various models of Mirage coming in a close second.

....... Oh and a kick a$$ Scandanavian map with loads of lovely fjords to fly down!!

Sorry..... Just had a flashback to EF2000.........!! :pilotfly:

if someone gives me the tools i'll make a welsh mountain/vally type map.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45