I've always had an issue with this addon, it just wont load for me, it always says addon not available, I've tried installing it into the mods/aircraft folder and OVGME and neither work 😞

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

27 minutes ago, Oban said:

I've tried installing it into the mods/aircraft folder and OVGME and neither work 😞

OVGME is not a location .. this mod goes onto /Saved Games/DCS World/Mods/aircraft/

Also note that the Mod needs the F-15, Su-33 or the FC3 Modules if you want to use a Gripen variant different from the A/G one.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

OVGME is not a location .. this mod goes onto /Saved Games/DCS World/Mods/aircraft/

Also note that the Mod needs the F-15, Su-33 or the FC3 Modules if you want to use a Gripen variant different from the A/G one.

I've tried that, and also having it as the ONLY aircraft in the folder so it's not another mod conflicting

JAS Issie.png

Edited by Oban

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

17 minutes ago, Oban said:

I've tried that, and also having it as the ONLY aircraft in the folder so it's not another mod conflicting

Strange .. it works on my end .. I have the Mod installed here:

U6AO25E.jpg

DCS recognizes it like this:

2qY5pwM.jpg

and here you can see it on the new Sinai map:

2WXfqeV.jpg

Hope you can find the cause of this issue, but clearly this Mod is ok.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

It's strange as it's the exact same location in mine too.

I tried normal and multi thread exe's and same issue, it's strange considering it's the only mod installed LOL

Even the Module manager is the same as yours, I just get that authentication message, it's like I'm offline, but not !!

Edited by Oban

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

A great thank you to the team! This mod really works perfect for me in this last iteration. So much work put down - just a bit more work on the systems and it should be sold...

But as I looked around, I found no screenshots of the easter egg? I was touring Paris and saw a sandwich stand when I passed under the Eiffel tower. I suddenly felt a rumble in my stomach. Looked around in the compartments for something to eat, and voila... Look beneath the bottom-right corner of the right DDI. 👌

p.s. Lucky strike on my first try to go under the Eiffel tower - but the Gripen is nimble 😉 Look at right hand view where the cockpit lines align with the Eiffel Tower arch. And the rightmost arch aligns with the cockpit frame. I just paused and looked out of the window towards the sales stands beneath the tower... It looks like a staged screenshot setup, where the Gripen has been merged with the Tower, must look out for angry Rafale's on the way home 🙂

Gripen_Eiffel_Sandwich.png

Edited by mazex
  • Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

It's strange as it's the exact same location in mine too.

I tried normal and multi thread exe's and same issue, it's strange considering it's the only mod installed LOL

Even the Module manager is the same as yours, I just get that authentication message, it's like I'm offline, but not !!
Did you put in the mods folder in Daved Games or the core installation?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Did you put in the mods folder in Daved Games or the core installation?

It's in my saved games foder, same as Rudel's, same path, it shows in the module manager as there, but it's not activated, it's weird !

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

It's in my saved games foder, same as Rudel's, same path, it shows in the module manager as there, but it's not activated, it's weird !
Is it green in the Module Manager?
When you get that message it's usually because it's in the core folders, EVEN if they are in Saved Games as well.
Are you positive that you never put in the core first by mistake?
I'd check. In any case a full repair with removal of files should do the trick.

Cheers!

On 6/12/2023 at 5:55 AM, MAXsenna said:

Is it green in the Module Manager?
When you get that message it's usually because it's in the core folders, EVEN if they are in Saved Games as well.
Are you positive that you never put in the core first by mistake?
I'd check. In any case a full repair with removal of files should do the trick.

Cheers!

When this arrives is that people put the files in their main DCS folder in core or mods, check both locations or preform a clean up

Whisky 

• Like 1

I got it working, but at a cost ! for some reason it disables certain ships !! All of Currenthills don't show on the map, neither did the Forrestal

I only wanted it for the weapons really

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

• 1 month later...

I have a question about the missile behavior with the meteor.

The parameters of the shots are generally as follows:

Gripen: 40k ft, 400 kts,

Su30: 40k ft, 300 kts,

Separation: about 55-56 nautical miles

Launch Parameters: TWS, High PRF, 1.5 - 2 degrees pitch up, fire and track missile entire way.

The vast majority of my shots are like the "Flat trajectory" file - the missile gets lofted and continues to travel in a straight line over the target until it either overshoots and doesn't detect the target or it detects the target and begins maneuvering.

There are some special instances where the missile travels more in an arc long before going active. It is able to reach a nice optimal point above the target before going active. I am unable to reliably reproduce this (Special 3 file) with my firing parameters. In 20 shot tests, only three have turned out this way.

----

I've done quite a bit of tweeking with missiles and I cannot definitively find any other parameter besides active_radar_lock_dist (the parameter that controls when the missile goes active) that makes the missile deviate from its usual flat loft trajectory. Could someone explain to me why the missile is acting like its using two different flight models? Does anyone have any idea as to which parameters pertain to this problem?

Special.acmi Flat trajectory.zip.acmi special2.acmi Special 3.acmi

Edited by Talon1-1

Same here. I discovered that this mod erases all ground units (esp. infantry) from both the game (F1) view and the theater map (F10).  Had to remove it, which is a shame because I was fond of the JAS39. I should add that it appeared to be working until one of the recent DCS updates.

Edited by BluePhantom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BluePhantom said:

Possibly. But I removed all mods and added them back in slowly. This was the mod that created the problem in my case.  Maybe this mod clashes with another mod, but since this is the mod that causes the problem for me, I have removed it.

A more definitive test would be to see whether you have the problem when this is the only mod. If not then there is some kind of interaction.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 7/30/2023 at 8:03 PM, Asiavik said:

Found that this mod is causing all of my ground assist that are not static to disappear. Not matter what mission and also custom missions.  As soon as I removed it they all started working again

Just tested on my DCS and this Mod works fine ... most likely you have a conflict with another Mod, which can happen. I suggest the use of a Mod Manager, so you can have a more clear picture of what Mods you have active at any one time, I'm using OvGME for that:

DkHUOOB.jpg

and here you can see that I don't encounter your issue:

• Thanks 1

Many recent Mods have sound files included in them by the authors. Now I dont know why but I have found that if you disable those sound files everything that wasn't working, works again.  Those mods still work because they simply pick up the default sound files from the game.

I would suggest you look at ALL of your mods and see which ones have sound files included then disable the sound line in the entry.lua and remove the sound files until you find the culprit. 

I had this problem, and that's how I fixed it.  I removed the sound files for the A4, the Bronco and a couple of others (it was ages ago and I forget which ones exactly now) A game update a while ago changed how the sound files work so I'm guessing it was something to do with that. 

PS: Something I forgot to add - There is a much more complicated solution that requires you to modify the sound files, and that works really well and leaves the authors sound files more or less intact, so if you crave perfection that might be your better option.  This is just a simple solution that works fine for AI etc.   The other option is here:

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 3

Im learning stuff in this mod ... most things work but for some reason i cant drop guided bombs..

i watched the tutorials.. use the targeting pod and lock, activate laser and i get a LA in the HUD but nothing drops when i trigger..

i do the same with the brimbstone missiles and they fire, work and track fine.. LGB and TV bombs simply dont drop even with a LA..

Any hints on this?

Also i tried dumb bombing with CCRP like in the russian hud its using and the bomb for some reason fell short ..massivly.. like 300m short from a 1500f drop at 400k