Civilian Objects And Vehicles

The glass issue is resolved, it was my version of the mod, I had screwed it up, now fixed. 

Year and years ago I saw a dark blue RN Sea King with dayglo panels, might have been on HMS Ark Royal IV or HMS Eagle, but I have never been able to find an image of it.

They moved on to the light sea grey airframes after that and used those up until the death of RN Air Sea Rescue.

Decided to do it anyway:

mmarques - I will try an Aussie skin next. 

Screen-221024-165126.png

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

Sorry for being lazy, yep downloading the skins, och ye did a Yellow one too, thank you. 

Pity no one ever did a Whirlwind, HAR10, they sounded great, I never realised though that their payload was RUBBISH.

We had a Commando version with us in Norway way back 81, the Puma guys used to take the micky about its speed. I'll say it straight, it was always serviceable......

When I joined the Corps the RN was just phasing out the naval Whirlwinds, and you are right, they were bloody useless. I was on 845 and 846 Sqns when we flew Wessex 5's and their payload wasnt all that great either, they actually led to the Land Rover Company developing the Lightweight Land Rover specifically for 3 Cdo Bde , so that we Bootnecks could air lift them ashore from the Carriers, a normal LR SWB/GS was far too heavy even stripped down to the bare bones.  I had moved back into the Bde when the Sea Kings arrived so never got to play with those.  Actually learned my MAOT/ATC job partly on RAF Puma's, we liked those beasts, good payload. My first helo was the wee Sioux, we used them as airborne FAC platforms. Happy days.  

• Like 5

How is everyone setting up to get Eddies awesome Liveries to show?

The Liveries are still limited for me.. 😞

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Screen-221026-091621.png

This is the last one ... I'm taking a break from modding for a wee while. 

Here is the complete set with all the latest updates to them, minor changes, better soot markings etc etc etc . Delete the previous versions and use these. Depending on how you have this mod set up in your game will depend on how you see the liveries, so you might have to make adjustments to this pack to get it to work in your game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4rhbm7q7l2dmge/Crazy Eddies Sea King Liveries.zip?dl=0

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Okay - Here is my heavily doctored version of your super MOD, with all my new liveries.  Its a big file now but I have reduced the textures to just .dds files, so that should help with downloading it a bit. 

The static aircraft are now in the Helicopters drop down in the ME,  folded blades and open blades, you cant find them under the structures option any more. That list is alfa numeric (normally, but not always) so the westlands stuff tends to drop to the bottom of that list, if you cant see it beside the sikorsky look below it. 

NOW - This works flawlessly for me in my Beta game, but Oban had trouble getting the liveries to show up with this version yesterday, he found that he had to move all of the aircraft  .lua files from the database folder and drop them in beside the entry.lua, which is where most other mods have them, and that solved the problem. I have no idea why that happened for him in that way because mine are still in the database folder as you will see, and mine works perfectly, but if you have an issue try that first.

Link broken - 

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Okay - Here is my heavily doctored version of your super MOD, with all my new liveries.  Its a big file now but I have reduced the textures to just .dds files, so that should help with downloading it a bit. 

The static aircraft are now in the Helicopters drop down in the ME,  folded blades and open blades, you cant find them under the structures option any more. That list is alfa numeric (normally, but not always) so the westlands stuff tends to drop to the bottom of that list, if you cant see it beside the sikorsky look below it. 

NOW - This works flawlessly for me in my Beta game, but Oban had trouble getting the liveries to show up with this version yesterday, he found that he had to move all of the aircraft  .lua files from the database folder and drop them in beside the entry.lua, which is where most other mods have them, and that solved the problem. I have no idea why that happened for him in that way because mine are still in the database folder as you will see, and mine works perfectly, but if you have an issue try that first.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5a6uohcla8fmv6/CrazyEddies Sea King.zip?dl=0

Link doesn't work

7 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Sorry guys, my Dropbox has been suspended and blocked, seems I am using it too much or some other crap.

I will try to sort it out.

Try this link: If this doers not work I'll try uploading it through the ED site.

I'm getting a 404 error on that one. 😞

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

13 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Sorry guys, my Dropbox has been suspended and blocked, seems I am using it too much or some other crap.

I will try to sort it out.

Try this link: If this doers not work I'll try uploading it through the ED site.

Before you leave, any chance of the Indian Navy Sea King?

king.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Thanks for  your effort and your great work for the community.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Try this Google link - LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS PLEASE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ElZXWLzFScqe__6WixaCE2rDyLNH72kX/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Before you leave, any chance of the Indian Navy Sea King?

king.jpg

Stratos - I would do that but I have not got any Indian fonts.  If you know what the font name is I will try to find it.

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please remember I am still learning and so I have problems like this one. I am using the RAFT in a mission and I have 1 guy in it. I am to pick him up for rescue. I hover next to the raft for 20 seconds in a small zone in the HUEY and the Raft and Guy will de-spawn and a new Late activation  empty raft will spawn in its place. Crew will then reply We got this one. and I move to the next. What I need help understanding is would the re-spawn cause the HUEY to blowup if I was touching it when it spawned in? I get a random explosion  event with the Huey I am not sure why. I will recreate a small version of it if needed but the event doesn't occur all the time. If this has happened to you and you understand why it does please let me know.

If the guy is linked to the raft he will de-spawn with the raft or fall into the water not sure what but he goes away and that is what I want. I wish you could Late activation the Carrier Personnel. 

DCS RAFT.jpg

1 hour ago, Eight Ball said:

@DishDoggieI'm not sure I understand the issue, it might be easier with a small video?

Well I understand now what I did wrong. Not sure anyone will understand it was late last night. I put the raft in a zone then I used that zone named Raft 6 (then me like a boob) I used that name for an explosion that was meant for another zone on the Ship NOT the raft. My fault and rookies like me lol it makes me laugh at myself so I learn the hard way lol. Sorry I found my error. 

• Like 1