GAF Seakings nearly finished...

Screen_221028_211558.jpg

Screen_221028_214929.jpg

Screen_221028_215153.jpg

Screen_221028_212016.jpg

• Like 8

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

Nice work Neo, like it.

1st draft of the RCN version. Not happy with it, needs a lot more work.  The tail is badly stretched on both sides and the texture distorted, I am finding it impossible to make the DANGER sign for the tail, so that may not be added.  Its a different airframe to the RCN aircraft and some adjustments will have to be made to fit things in where they might not actually fit all that well, its a bit of a game !!!

Screen-221028-214607.jpg

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 4

That was next on my list Eddie... 😂 I guess I need to switch to something else...

Great work from you too and thank you for that!

Get back to you via pn.

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

RCN SeaKing Final - had to make some compromises to get this to look half decent, its a different airframe to the original and there is some bad stretching in vital places that needed skinning, so I fiddled around the issues. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv7ougeqzxzsvjd/CrazyEddies RCN Sea King.zip?dl=0

Screen-221029-213944.jpg

To create the static version simply drop the same file into the Westland Static folder and use this description.lua instead of the one in the livery.

description.lua

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

null"had to make some compromises to get this to look half decent, its a different airframe to the original and there is some bad stretching in vital places that needed skinning, so I fiddled around the issues."

Often heard around RCAF CH-124 Sea Kings....Especially in the last 10 years or so years of use.  Your version is great!

Thank you.

• Like 2

I know the old CAS script by Cribob or someone else had the ability to spawn a “soldier M4” wherever a pilot was shot down. Does anyone know of a way to script similar to spawn this awesome life raft but when Over water when an aircraft is shot down or someone ejects ?  Would be great for mission makers.  

thanks, loving these objects. 

Making improvements to the Sea King Crew - with many thanks to Urbi who redid a heap of skins for me to work from, new roughmet and new normal textures for everything, and updated a couple of the non UK skins as well, many thanks mate.

I have done the UK skins myself with slight changes to his work to reflect current and not so current aircrew clothing and helmets.

Issues - All four crew members are taken from the same texture files, so they all look the same. I decided to work on the basis that the crewman in the opening door was the most visible, so thats the skin I have used. 

The SH3H Helmet is a different pattern to the Westland model and takes its textures from different texture files, so I have done those as well for the 'Junglie' sea Kings.

I will release these as an update, on here, when they are done. 

Screen-221102-130131.jpg

Screen-221102-130716.jpg

Screen-221102-114706.jpg

• Like 8

Splendid work @crazyeddie and @Urbi!

3 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

I know the old CAS script by Cribob or someone else had the ability to spawn a “soldier M4” wherever a pilot was shot down. Does anyone know of a way to script similar to spawn this awesome life raft but when Over water when an aircraft is shot down or someone ejects ?  Would be great for mission makers.  

I remember switching the soldier M4 model for the Georgian soldier model in CTLD so I guess it's possible with the CSAR script but I don't know if it'll work with mods and I don't think you can spawn different objects over land and water.

20 hours ago, Reccelow said:

Is the paintkit available somewhere? 

not at the moment

• Thanks 1

@crazyeddie,

Hey mate, wanted to say thank you for these skins.

I have them All!

You have taken a already great mod, and made it better!

What would we do without you!

DO stay safe!

And have a pint on me!

Of whatever your drink of choice is.

Cheers!

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

1 hour ago, Hawkeye60 said:

@crazyeddie,

Hey mate, wanted to say thank you for these skins.

I have them All!

You have taken a already great mod, and made it better!

What would we do without you!

DO stay safe!

And have a pint on me!

Of whatever your drink of choice is.

Cheers!

Hi Greg - I'll have a pint --- of Rum and Coke !

• Like 1

Am 28.10.2022 um 22:02 schrieb Neo47:

GAF Seakings nearly finished...

Screen_221028_211558.jpg

Screen_221028_214929.jpg

Screen_221028_215153.jpg

Screen_221028_212016.jpg

🤩🤩🤩 so beautiful!!!

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

@UN9249will be released with the next SeaKing update also the GAF textures.

• Like 2

Regards / Grüße

Neo