Civilian Objects And Vehicles

17 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

In the thread one below this !

I too was curious. The thread below this one is the LHD Juan Carlos mod, didn't see any vehicles in there. 

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

On 11/30/2022 at 11:17 AM, Presidium said:

EightBall you are doing an INCREDIBLE JOB for the community! Your mods are awesome! And their quality is excellent!!
Keep on doing such magnificent job brother!!! 👌

DCS should hire you, or pay you!!, or give you a ride in a yatch with a pair of girls in bikini on the deck!!! 😊

EightBall!!! **WE ALL LOVE YOU***

Thanks a lot! Glad you like the pack 🙂

@Abburo @Sn8ke Most are not released yet, you can find a few in the "spoiler" at the very bottom of the first post

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Thanks a lot! Glad you like the pack 🙂

@Abburo @Sn8ke Most are not released yet, you can find a few in the "spoiler" at the very bottom of the first post

Thanks! Outstanding work!

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

😂

image.png

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

@Eight Ball Hey!

So, how hard or is it impossible would it be to make the liferaft (the hexagonal one) a movable unit, such that we can give it a speed and waypoints - to emulate drifting on a current.

I'm thinking of scenarios where we have to pick up people but too many for one helo trip, then the trick will be to find them when you come back because they will have moved with the 'current'... 🙂

Is this something I could do with some lua changes or is it a WHOLE big thing to change? 

• Like 4

On 11/27/2022 at 8:41 PM, crazyeddie said:

A few liveries for the JR Moore Tugboat, all generic so you can add anything you like to the funnels, the hull and superstructure sides are mirror images so unsuitable for adding names etc.  Simply drop the file into the Liveries folder. 

I have included a Default livery to replace the one in the Mod, for some weird reason the default wont show up in the ME drop downs when you have other liveries, it needs the actual texture files in order to work properly. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aod9tf89vyswnn4/jr-more.zip?dl=0

1.png

2.png

3.png

File deleted...

• 2 weeks later...

@Presidium Wow, this looks very interesting! I can't wait to try it 😀

@ElphabaI haven't and I use the ship pack a lot. Do they happen at random?

oh and my apologies, I completely forgot to answer this:

On 12/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, Elphaba said:

Is this something I could do with some lua changes or is it a WHOLE big thing to change? 

It's pretty easy, you can edit the life_raft_yellow.lua in DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Civilian Assets Pack - Navy v2.5\Database\CAP Ships.

At the top (line18) you will find : GT.max_velocity = 0.20222

That's the max speed in m/s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Eight Ball Hi again. 

Thanks for the awesome help with the liferaft and answering the other question. 

I have another hard one for you! 😉

I have static infantry on some of your sinking ships for my players to rescue. 

I have LINKED them to the ship, however, as the ship submerges, the infantry start to float in space and don't move with the model.

Is this a problem with a) your animation implementation , b) the way ED have set up the LINKING system  c) the problem of using STATIC infantry rather than ground infantry (which we can't use as they don't see being on a ship as a place to be able to be placed in the mission editor? 

One more thing. Is there a way to get the flashing lights on the cars e.g. police and Follow Me trucks to a) flash regardless of if the vehicle is moving and b) at the same rate and not dependent on the speed of the vehicle?

Thanks!

@Elphaba

For the static objects on sinking ships it's a limitation of the sinking animation implementation. No way around it as far as I know.

For the flashing lights it's how DCS works. For some reason when the vehicle is stopped the light "object" stops rotating eventhough if you look closely you can actually see the beacon itself is still rotating. The speed of the vehicle shouldn't impact the rotation speed of the beacons tho, it rotates the same wether the vehicle is moving at 1km/h or 100km/h.

Just today I found a new way of adding lights to vehicles and I'm confident it should fix that issue as well as make the lights visible from futher away but I still need to test it.

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

@Elphaba

For the static objects on sinking ships it's a limitation of the sinking animation implementation. No way around it as far as I know.

For the flashing lights it's how DCS works. For some reason when the vehicle is stopped the light "object" stops rotating eventhough if you look closely you can actually see the beacon itself is still rotating. The speed of the vehicle shouldn't impact the rotation speed of the beacons tho, it rotates the same wether the vehicle is moving at 1km/h or 100km/h.

Just today I found a new way of adding lights to vehicles and I'm confident it should fix that issue as well as make the lights visible from futher away but I still need to test it.

Is there any way to see what linked objects there are on your model at run time and apply the animation transformation matrix to them too? 

Probably not eh? This is DCS and you're already a Jedi...

On 12/29/2022 at 7:25 PM, Elphaba said:

Is there any way to see what linked objects there are on your model at run time and apply the animation transformation matrix to them too? 

As far as I'm aware you can't animate object in DCS. You animate bones to which you parent said objects.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rato65 said:

There is this function "play animation" in ME, but I never found out how it works. Tried whatever I could. Did you perhaps?

I meant animate a mesh, in Blender. I think the play animation function is for static object?

------------------

New generic bridge for the drivable ships

cRq17KH.jpg

Afbz98L.png

WM7np0z.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 12

@RWC Thank you! Happy new year to you too!

--------

Making progress with the lightbars. They are finally visible at a distance. Still a fair amount of tweaking to smoothen the transition between the LODs (right it's very obvious) but slowly getting there 🙂

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

--------

Making progress with the lightbars. They are finally visible at a distance. Still a fair amount of tweaking to smoothen the transition between the LODs (right it's very obvious) but slowly getting there 🙂

Awesome! Can't wait! Thank you so much for your dedication and attention to detail. 

1 hour ago, Eight Ball said:

--------

Excellent !! (Trop fort)

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG