F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

Preorders start February 3rd!

• Like 13

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

Best news this year so far!

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I'll see. If Steam doesn't try to make me pay the USD price again, then I might preorder it. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until it gets adjusted, which seems to take longer than a typical preorder does. For Mirage F1, it took them a month, and I can now get it cheaper (by only a little, but still) than if I took advantage of the early 20% discount. Oddly enough, the Apache doesn't show this behavior, but BS3 does, so it's a relatively recent change.

6 hours ago, Stackup said:

Preorders start February 3rd!

Great news, however I hope that release will not be after 2 months from 3rd of February 😉 but February as well. I hope that 3 of Fabruary we will know the precise of release date too.

Btw. Why does the F-15E destroy the Mirage F1? It's not nice! :grin:

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Since we all love 2 weeks, I have a Razbam challenge which I accept :thumbsup:.

pre-order (me)

giphy.gif

release EA (Razbam)

giphy.gif

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

screaming-internally.gif

Edited by Nahen
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Great news, but I’d be remiss to not remind everyone that Razbam used the word “imminent” back in December? Once again proving that nobody affiliated with DCS understands the meaning of that word. 

It seems so, but I don't think there has been a "teaser" like today 😉 Another question - "pre-order" OK but when will I be able to download it, install it and put my ass in it? 😉

9 minutes ago, Nahen said:

It seems so, but I don't think there has been a "teaser" like today 😉 Another question - "pre-order" OK but when will I be able to download it, install it and put my ass in it? 😉

Someone called March and I was like, “no way…they said “imminent” it has to be before then…” but the guy must be a fortune teller because I think he’s pretty close to the mark. 

3 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Great news, but I’d be remiss to not remind everyone that Razbam used the word “imminent” back in December? Once again proving that nobody affiliated with DCS understands the meaning of that word. 

Well, after 10+ years in the making, a couple months sure is imminent!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Someone called March ...

I hope it was the joke ;>. 2 weeks after pre order maximum. :thumbup:

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I think there will be at least one month after the preorder starts. Once some of tutorials start, like start up, then I will feel like we are getting close. That’s how you know they have a fully working jet and they are just squashing bugs. But the sooner the better, but I would prefer it more on the complete side. So I can wait for that for sure.

• Like 1

Correct me if im wrong but didn’t ED receive the F15 in December?

I get bugs can pop up but why does there ALWAYS have to be a pre order period? If its ready, release it, if not then don’t. Its a digital product thats never going to run out of available stock so pre order periods are completely unnecessary. 

• Like 1

I get bugs can pop up but why does there ALWAYS have to be a pre order period? If its ready, release it, if not then don’t. Its a digital product thats never going to run out of available stock so pre order periods are completely unnecessary. 
It's not strictly necessary. I see it as a strategic business move, to gather the very needed income while giving yourself some additional time to achieve your pending developments milestones whatever they are (final features or simply bug squashing).

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daz85UK said:

ED dont have a fixed time to aproval a module, some modules take more time to check and testing by ED before get a release time. 

2 hours ago, Daz85UK said:

Possibly unrelated, but even digital products suffer from availability. Servers like front end websites should have some elasticity to cope with fluctuating connections quantity and that requires planning. You don't want to over or under allocate resources. Electricity, CPU, memory, storage, bandwidth are all examples. All these have costs.

Also, pre-orders prevent early bad reviews from spoiling the sales.

Not to mention that pre-ordering is part of the hype, it makes you connect every hour or so to get news on the status of the product, release date. It makes you want to play and possibly buy something else while waiting.

Edited by tomcat_driver
  • Like 1

Hmmmm, looks to be very reasonably price and with good discounts. I really thought it would be more.

S79.99 US is about $107 Canadian. Less than the A-10C II which hit $110 Canadian on Steam at one point.

No complaints here.

Screenshot_2023-01-16-21-10-41-674-edit_com.discord.jpg

• Like 4

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

monkey-calculate.gif

^ Me trying to figure out how many ED Miles to burn on this thing and the F4...

• Like 2

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

38 minutes ago, WildWeasel303 said:

monkey-calculate.gif

^ Me trying to figure out how many ED Miles to burn on this thing and the F4...

No miles on Steam unfortunately. 😞

But I do have about a billion and one "Steam points" that I can use to buy completely useless avatars and other such trash.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

9 hours ago, Beirut said:

Hmmmm, looks to be very reasonably price and with good discounts. I really thought it would be more.

S79.99 US is about $107 Canadian. Less than the A-10C II which hit $110 Canadian on Steam at one point.

No complaints here.

Screenshot_2023-01-16-21-10-41-674-edit_com.discord.jpg

So, what is actual price? Let me see: 80 x .7 x .8 = 45, not too bad. Could be wrong, though. (duck)

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

23 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Alors, quel est le prix réel ? Voyons : 80 x 0,7 x 0,8 = 45, pas trop mal. Peut-être tort, cependant. (canard)

Your calculation is wrong, it's either 30% during the pre-order period or 20% during the early access but it's not cumulative 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1