9 hours ago, Marklar said:

Do downed pilots transmit the emergency signal on 121.500MHz? I cannot get it working in Hind. My ARK-U2 is powered up and set to R-852 COMPASS. I use channel 4 on R-852 radio, HSI Mode Selector set to ARK-U2 but the needle won't move. No matter how close I am to the pilot. It works fine in my own mission so I don't think I am doing something wrong.

maybe its me, i can get it to work in the Mi-8 and then after dropping off pilots or pilot, despite showing more CSAR missions, the green lite no longer shows on the Ark-D and the needle doesn't move either.

• Thanks 1

hace 5 horas, vracan dijo:

Same here! Performances atrocious as I get closer to frontline. So not playing multiplayer anymore until DCS get better optimized for CPU since from my diagnostics software that is where bottleneck is.

Thanks for confirming. I don't even know what to say, the game works wonderfully in single player. So I guess it's not worth it until they fixed it...

On 1/12/2023 at 8:35 PM, TenienteDan said:

Thanks for confirming. I don't even know what to say, the game works wonderfully in single player. So I guess it's not worth it until they fixed it...

yes single player performance is good even in VR. I also play warthunder multiplayer and performance is excellent with just as much action and players , if not more.

edit; notice fps issues also happen in campaign mode so not just multiplayer problem. Seems related to cpu bottlenecking where there is enough movement of units

Edited by vracan

On 1/2/2023 at 3:38 PM, vracan said:

Hi there,

I am having difficulty trying to select and spawn into a farp of my choosing. On the F10 map the farps are labelled by names/words (ex:AN Nasiriyah), but when I try to select role when joining the server the FARP's are labelled by digits(ex: farp-04). How do I correlate the two? 

Edit: Never mind! As much as I would love to play multiplayer, unfortunately the framerate fps drops way too low to be playable on my VR PC (gtx3080ti/10900K). I'll wait till DCS gets better optimized. In the meantime I'll be playin single-player. : (

I would generally recommend you post these questions in our discord. We do not actively check this area because it is faster and easier to respond to people on Discord. To answer your question, airfields need a 3 sector buffer in order to spawn for all planes except trainers and A-10/Su-25s.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:16 AM, Splashtrick68 said:

Are both the Mirage 2000 and F1's going to be allowed on the Cold War server? I saw Enigma's video speaking about the positives of the Mirage 2000 for Cold War but looking at the list of planes, I don't see it there anymore, just the F1? Wasn't sure if both or just one Mirage variant are allowed. Thank you.

Keep up the good work!

We have no plans to add the Mirage 2000.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:32 AM, Talisman_VR said:

Dear Enigma,

A friend and I have been attacking front depots with two Huey helicopters loaded with standard troops.  The problem we have been having is that the first Huey to drop off troops finds lots of ground units and destroys 6 of them leaving plenty of ground units for the second Huey to destroy.  However, the second Huey gets a message to say that zero targets have been found.  The same thing appears to happen sometimes when we attack normal front line units too.

Could you shed any light on this because we are somewhat confused why the second Huey gets a message to say zero enemy units found when the first Huey has messages indicating that there are many enemy units found and many still left to engage.

Thank you in anticipation.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Due to the volume of questions, we are really more discord based than forum based. So this explains our delay in getting back to you. I would really recommend you ask these sorts of questions on the discord because you will get an answer almost instantly. 

The first huey must of killed all the targets and there was nothing left for the second one. They only scan within a 3km radius. If there is nothing there, then they do not attack anything.

Edited by Enigma89
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 8:35 PM, TenienteDan said:

Try turning Shadows OFF (I can't remember off the top of my head if it is flat or off).

Shadows got super broken in the last patch and will absolutely demolish your FPS.

Edited by Parabe11um
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 6:19 AM, Marklar said:

Do downed pilots transmit the emergency signal on 121.500MHz? I cannot get it working in Hind. My ARK-U2 is powered up and set to R-852 COMPASS. I use channel 4 on R-852 radio, HSI Mode Selector set to ARK-U2 but the needle won't move. No matter how close I am to the pilot. It works fine in my own mission so I don't think I am doing something wrong.

This is explained in detail in the FAQ. I would recommend you ask this question in Discord because I do not fly helicopters often and someone who is a helo pilot can walk you through it.

8 minutes ago, Enigma89 said:

Due to the volume of questions, we are really more discord based than forum based. So this explains our delay in getting back to you. I would really recommend you ask these sorts of questions on the discord because you will get an answer almost instantly. 

The first huey must of killed all the targets and there was nothing left for the second one. They only scan within a 3km radius. If there is nothing there, then they do not attack anything.

Sorry about Discord but I don't use it as I am unable to agree and sign off on their privacy policy.

Strange, as the reported number of enemy units found by the first Huey (example 19) vs the reported number of enemy units destroyed by the first Huey (example 6) indicated more targets left to destroy for the second Huey.  Even stranger, when returning to the target on another mission sortie we were able to destroy the remaining targets.  Very odd.

Happy landings,

Talisman   

• Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

4 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

This is explained in detail in the FAQ. I would recommend you ask this question in Discord because I do not fly helicopters often and someone who is a helo pilot can walk you through it.

Actually it's not explained very well. It says "Mi-24 tunes channel 4 on the ARK-U2." which is not correct. ARK-U2 works in tandem with either R-828 radio or R-852 radio and channel must be selected on one of these two. If 121.500 MHz is the correct frequency then Mi-24 tunes channel 4 on the R-852, ARK-U2 must be ON, ADF-VHF 2 set to R-852 COMPASS and lastly HSI set to ARK-U2. This is the correct  procedure. Sometimes it works on Enigma server, however most of the time it does not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

14 minutes ago, Marklar said:

Actually it's not explained very well. It says "Mi-24 tunes channel 4 on the ARK-U2." which is not correct. ARK-U2 works in tandem with either R-828 radio or R-852 radio and channel must be selected on one of these two. If 121.500 MHz is the correct frequency then Mi-24 tunes channel 4 on the R-852, ARK-U2 must be ON, ADF-VHF 2 set to R-852 COMPASS and lastly HSI set to ARK-U2. This is the correct  procedure. Sometimes it works on Enigma server, however most of the time it does not.

Sadly, I fly Helicopters so infrequently that I am not even sure. I would recommend asking on the Discord. In particular Smooth 1-1 | Rough is the main helo person on the staff and he can answer the question.

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 2:21 PM, Skyracer said:

Cold War in syria? Wtf Cold war should be in Caucasus

Why? There were many wars in Syria during the Cold War. And none in Caucasus.

Advantage of Caucasus map is better FPS, that's it.

• Like 2

Dear Enigma,

Please investigate bug regarding Huey and troop drops as experienced on the server by myself and Branston 10 minutes ago.

Problem:

Two Huey helicopters drop of troops.  1st Huey finds 9 enemy units and kills 6.  Second Huey finds zero enemy units.  First Huey then gets shot down by remaining live units while picking up troops.  Second Huey picks up troops and drops them again with the same result, zero units found.  Remaining enemy live units fire at passing jet and damage it.  Second Huey shot down.

Why is the second Huey not able to find or destroy enemy units?  Why is the second Huey getting message to say zero enemy units found?

Please investigate as this is no fun for Huey's flying together. 

This has been a reoccurring problem for a number of weeks now on both maps.

Thank you.

Talisman  

Edit.

Dear All, just to say that Enigma is working on this and much more.  We just have to wait for a while. 

Edited by Talisman_VR
  • Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Would be awesome if roadbases simply change faction based on who controls the respective sector, instead of having blue and red roadbases across the entire map visible all of the time. Or possible to set the units to invisible until the sector is captured?

For example there is a red roadbase (that I accidentally discovered) right next to a blue roadbase is in grid FK50 on Caucasus.

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hi, is it normal that I can't hold 60fps on this server with my hardware? Dont have many experience in MP with DCS. In SP it holds 60 fine. If yes maybe I have to wait to DCS be repaired in two weeks 😉 

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Edited by gorzasty

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

26 minutes ago, gorzasty said:

Hi, is it normal that I can't hold 60fps on this server with my hardware? Dont have many experience in MP with DCS. In SP it holds 60 fine. If yes maybe I have to wait to DCS repaired in two weeks 😉

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

short answer, its normal. you can try lower settings on your end, but its largely dependent on what going on in game.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb gorzasty:

Thank you. My settings are lowered already. Will pass this time ;(

Your Signature: PC: i7 13700k, 32GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, GTX 4090, VR HP Reverb G2

Is this really your setup in the signature?

If yes, 60fps shouldn‘t be a problem at all. Btw, there is no GTX 4090…

Edited by unnox
Adding his signature

"Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."

– Charles A. Lindbergh

Yes it is my hardware. RTX or GTX whatever...  60 FPS was a problem in my case on this server. I was looking at task manager and two cores went 100% so I guess I'm CPU bound at this server. GPU was about 50%.  Moreover I use FSR with OpenXR and SS at 80%. 

DCS a lot of times drops me below 60 fps in many situations. Even in SP...  I don't like reprojection so I will not use 45fps at 90Hz. DCS is a crap form at the moment in VR. Maybe in few years when they add multithreading and Vulcan and STX 7090 will came 😉

• Like 1

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

vor 30 Minuten schrieb gorzasty:

Yes it is my hardware. RTX or GTX whatever...  60 FPS was a problem in my case on this server. I was looking at task manager and two cores went 100% so I guess I'm CPU bound at this server. GPU was about 50%.  Moreover I use FSR with OpenXR and SS at 80%. 

DCS a lot of times drops me below 60 fps in many situations. Even in SP...  I don't like reprojection so I will not use 45fps at 90Hz. DCS is a crap form at the moment in VR. Maybe in few years when they add multithreading and Vulcan and STX 7090 will came 😉

If I buy a graphics card for over €1000, I know exactly what the packaging says, but it doesn't matter now.  

If you haven't noticed that on an average multiplayer server around 100 units are calculated in real time, unfortunately I have to tell you about it now.  Speed, altitude, homing systems, weapon systems, etc. are calculated for each unit.  This gigantic amount of information is so far only made available in this graphic quality in DCS, so that after 7 minutes of flight over Mach 1 across the map your cruise missile hits exactly where it should.  

If you're playing in full resolution on the Reverb 2, it's quite possible that the FPS will slip down to 50 if you're flying over a battlefield where 20 tanks are fighting each other below you.  But you can't tell me you notice that difference.  You'll probably pay more attention to your FPS meter than what's happening around you and Placebo will do the rest.

Nobody forces you to play DCS, especially the Beta.  
There are plenty of other simulators out there, but I have to disappoint you, all of them are more or less identical in terms of performance.  
With my RTX 4080 and the G2 I get around 70 FPS with a frame time variance of 9ms on average on each simulator.

Edited by unnox

"Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."

– Charles A. Lindbergh

Yes I know that nobody forces me to play DCS. I play mostly different flight sims and have fun. The problem is I invested a lot of money in many modules here through the years. VR performance is going worst and worst through the versions. Moreover I want to play it, but... not at this state of product. They even broke stable version with the shadow problem at the moment. I would have to return to 2.7 or even 2.5... but this is not the subject of this thread. 

I'm aware of advanced calculations of DCS but the performance in VR is not acceptable in my opinion. You can have different point of view of course. 

I'm not playing full SS - but 80% with FSR with a lot of settings to medium. Shadows are high, Clouds ultra (because of terrible AA in the distant)  and MSAA 2x. 

Trying to fly Mi-8 so it is not ultra complicated heli in the game. Old and slow 😉 I was quite far from the front lines. Syria map.

What is your CPU @unnox? If you can tell me how exactly looks your settings and it would work for me I really looking forward to join you guys on cold war server.  

EDIT: I fixed to RTX for you!

Edited by gorzasty

vor 31 Minuten schrieb gorzasty:

What is your CPU @unnox? If you can tell me how exactly looks your settings and it would work for me I really looking forward to join you guys on cold war server.

Try this one. You can play on the Ultra preset in DCS.

I use exactly his settings but on a modified preset (some Medium, some High settings), so I get around 70 FPS in a custom mission on South Atlantic map in SP and on a busy Caucasus MP map. On Enigma I get around 55-60 when many players are online.

Hope it helps. Try to ignore the FPS meter after your initial setup. I started playing games on a crappy GPU so I had to hide the FPS meter on every game but I discovered that most of the time it doesn‘t matter if you get lower FPS. Everything above 30 feels smooth.
Frame time variance is in my opinion much more important. 

Ah and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 5600G.

Edited by unnox

– Charles A. Lindbergh

Please increase server time to 5 hours. And if there is already stability issues, please urge ED to finally run another MP mass-test (last one was over 4 years ago)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

When will be this relaunch be released?

Is there a changelog for the relaunch? 

• Like 2

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

On 2/17/2023 at 1:49 PM, Skyracer said:

When will be this relaunch be released?

Is there a changelog for the relaunch? 

A video explaining the mechanics + a new FAQ will be posted when it is done. We are hoping to launch within the next 2 weeks

• Like 1

Turns out the discord "server staff" (at least that's the name of the role) either doesn't know that they are discord-moderators, or they pretend not to be? Please fix the name ASAP, or make sure they all are aware of their discord-moderator task. Thank you.

image.png

Edited by D4n