Gun trigger keybind... Seriously Razbam??

Brainfreeze

Nice Razbam...bring an update but forget to let people what they need to change...  Gun trigger ... well one should have an epiphany and know instantly that this should now be rebinded to MicroB/trigger 2nd stage and that the Gun trigger (still there in hotas menu) is useless.

Think about users and give proper doc / update to keybind changes to help people transition to the new models

Edit:   So hotas info is p38 in manual.   where stage 1 and 2 are described in a table.  

There is no 'table of changes' I have seen but then I did not fancy sifting through the 500+ pages of the manual to figure out other changes so will discover them the hard way 🙂

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

2 minutes ago, Brainfreeze said:

Nice Razbam...bring an update but forget to let people what they need to change...  Gun trigger ... well one should have an epiphany and know instantly that this should now be rebinded to MicroB/trigger 2nd stage and that the Gun trigger (still there in hotas menu) is useless.

Think about users and give proper doc / update to keybind changes to help people transition to the new models

I had the same experience, but in my case I did consult the manual - I love reading manuals. There you will find everything you need to know. Just saying...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

???

Yet somehow I didn't have an issue.  Just read the release notes and updated the key bindings.  2 min job

Edited by Mr_sukebe
  • Like 10

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

6 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

Edit:   So hotas info is p38 in manual.   where stage 1 and 2 are described in a table.  

There is no 'table of changes' I have seen but then I did not fancy sifting through the 500+ pages of the manual to figure out other changes so will discover them the hard way 🙂

As said above we said that you would need to rebind controls for this update.

The changelog also indicates that the firing command has changed.

The manual has been updated to reflect this change too.

I don't know what more we could've done to make people aware about the control change.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

In most updates You have to recheck key bindings and as Mr_sukebe wrote it doesn't take long time

One minor issue is the black square when using VTB but that I hope will be fixed in near future

M-2000C is in my opinion the best plane together with AJS37 in DCS

• Like 2

Black square is a requested feature so that VTB viewport overlay doesn’t become a Head Mounted VTB. Some people even request to fully remove VTB overlay. It’s an acceptable compromise!

image.png

This is from the update post in this same forum… I guess your brain was too frozen.

Edited by Kercheiz
Duplicate sentence
  • Like 1

I have warthog stick and rebound the trigger for stages 1 and 2 but I'm lost on whats different

iirc I did a flight on the most recent open beta about a week ago, and when I wanted guns I switched like I would typically do before the update. Before the update, my trigger was second detent, first not doing any. I have now bound the first and second detents as the manual states, but I havent found any issues such as trying to fire the gun or fire 530s. I would select 530s and hold 2nd stage until they launched. I would select guns and hold second detent. 

How is it supposed to work? Whats the function? I've only briefly checked a dubious manual that isn't the official one but I'm not that into manuals and don't know where to find it. Ik this is a tiny bit off topic, but I've been confused as to whats changed and thought you guys may know

ASUS Tuf X570 Pro Wifi | Ryzen 7 5800X | 4x8gb 3200Mhz GSkill/Crucial | Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI | 1 500gb Samsung 860 EVO Boot SSD | 2 500gb HDD | 500gb Crucial NVMe (With DCS install) | EVGA 650BQ  |  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + TM TF Rudder Pedals | TrackIr 5 | A handy dandy notepad ; )

F-5E | A-10CII | F-14 | FC3 | F-16 | F/A-18 | M2kC | MiG-19 | Sa342 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | L-39 | C-101 | P-51D | FW-190 D-9 | F-86 | Combined Arms | Mi-24P | Mi-8 | NS430 | Apache | "Christian" Eagle II ✝️ | Mirage F1

Primary Aircraft = Strong Red | Secondary Aircraft = Orange | Rarely Used = Yellow | Dead Aircraft/Not Bound = Purple | Recent Spike of Use = Teal/Cyan/Aquamarine/Whatever you want to call this

7 minutes ago, Mordant said:

I have warthog stick and rebound the trigger for stages 1 and 2 but I'm lost on whats different

iirc I did a flight on the most recent open beta about a week ago, and when I wanted guns I switched like I would typically do before the update. Before the update, my trigger was second detent, first not doing any. I have now bound the first and second detents as the manual states, but I havent found any issues such as trying to fire the gun or fire 530s. I would select 530s and hold 2nd stage until they launched. I would select guns and hold second detent. 

How is it supposed to work? Whats the function? I've only briefly checked a dubious manual that isn't the official one but I'm not that into manuals and don't know where to find it. Ik this is a tiny bit off topic, but I've been confused as to whats changed and thought you guys may know

From the updated manual posted with the recent update:

2 stages trigger:

• First stage: Activates the gun cam

and the virtual tracers in air-to-air

gun mode.

• Second stage: Releases the

selected weapon.

MiCRoB means “missiles, guns,

rockets, bombs” (Missiles, canons,

roquettes, bombes)

3 hours ago, gnomechild said:

From the updated manual posted with the recent update:

2 stages trigger:

• First stage: Activates the gun cam

and the virtual tracers in air-to-air

gun mode.

• Second stage: Releases the

selected weapon.

MiCRoB means “missiles, guns,

rockets, bombs” (Missiles, canons,

roquettes, bombes)

Ah, that makes sense as to why everything seemed more normal. 

One last question: Are the virtual tracers for a training mode with the training pod thingy? Or is it an aim assist thing?

ASUS Tuf X570 Pro Wifi | Ryzen 7 5800X | 4x8gb 3200Mhz GSkill/Crucial | Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI | 1 500gb Samsung 860 EVO Boot SSD | 2 500gb HDD | 500gb Crucial NVMe (With DCS install) | EVGA 650BQ  |  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + TM TF Rudder Pedals | TrackIr 5 | A handy dandy notepad ; )

F-5E | A-10CII | F-14 | FC3 | F-16 | F/A-18 | M2kC | MiG-19 | Sa342 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | L-39 | C-101 | P-51D | FW-190 D-9 | F-86 | Combined Arms | Mi-24P | Mi-8 | NS430 | Apache | "Christian" Eagle II ✝️ | Mirage F1

Primary Aircraft = Strong Red | Secondary Aircraft = Orange | Rarely Used = Yellow | Dead Aircraft/Not Bound = Purple | Recent Spike of Use = Teal/Cyan/Aquamarine/Whatever you want to call this

2 hours ago, Mordant said:

Ah, that makes sense as to why everything seemed more normal. 

One last question: Are the virtual tracers for a training mode with the training pod thingy? Or is it an aim assist thing?

It's part of the new HUD symbology. They show up on the tracer line for the gun when you have a radar lock for air to air guns. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
46 minutes ago, Britchot said:

It is used to draw virtual gun tracers on the HUD. 

Oh, is it? I didn't realize that.

In manual it says:

Screenshot 2023-06-13 160609.jpg

I couldn't find any mention of the Gun Trigger in the manual.

Edit: I just tested it with the gun and it seems to behave exactly the same as MiCRoB/Trigger 2nd Stage. Didn't test it with any other ordinance.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2