AI Aircraft Nearly Invincible On The Ground

Not sure if it's been reported before but, any AI aircraft parked on on the ground are nearly Impossible to kill. For example I strafed several migs parked on the runway with the A10s gun and a good 3 second burst on one, at most the mig lost part of its wing or just had a few bullet holes in it.

Edited by HeavyGun1450
  • Like 2

• HeavyGun1450 changed the title to AI Aircraft Nearly Invincible On The Ground

@HeavyGun1450 i have had a similar problem. i have a mission where there are two AI HINDS attacking troops. i hit one with a gun and it took the tail boom off. it spiraled to the ground and did not blow up. i hit it with a gbu12, a maverick, and more guns. nothing.

• Like 3

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HeavyGun1450 said:

I'm not sure ED has ever looked into this, something is defenitely not right with the damage model for jets on the ground.

I am sure the first answer will be "please post a track of the problem". I can confirm it affects helos as well, last time in MP, we hit a CH-47 parked on the ground (it was an active AI that landed, not a static) with multiple hellfire/canon/rockets. The hits were registering but it never was destroyed.

• Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

The grounded Chinook issue has its own internal report, but there are other existing reports related to all grounded aircraft (static or not) not being easily destroyed.

Hmmm, could this affect infantry as well? Playing through the Argo campaign, and I hit infantry and damage them to around 30% and they don't die. 

This is like 30 minutes into the mission, so I guess tracks are useless. 

Cheers! 

6 hours ago, NineLine said:

Please supply tracks of any issues you see and we can take a look and get it reported. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

The grounded Chinook issue has its own internal report, but there are other existing reports related to all grounded aircraft (static or not) not being easily destroyed.

Trackfile attached showing me in a A-10C Strafing MIG-23s parked on the runway. Hit two MIG-23's with the gun with a good 3 seconds burst each, all it did was destroy part of the wing and made it catch on fire for a few minutes. I then dropped a Mark 84 on one, it instantly destroyed one of the migs, then I dropped a Mark 82 on one and it barely did any damage. Damage model is very werid and incorrect here.

AIDamage.trk

8 hours ago, NineLine said:

Please supply tracks of any issues you see and we can take a look and get it reported. Thanks.

Track attached (hornet vs mig-23 on ground) shows life points remaining untouched on many rocket hits. Mig still exists after rocket pass (2 pods empty). Same 0 damage hits happens with Player aircraft on ground except it gets destroyed.

"Aircraft are more complex due to sub-systems and damage models which will effect the life value" - maybe damage affects an already killed sub-system so AC gets no damage on these hits ?

AI-AC-hit-on-ground.jpg

AI-aircraft-hit-on-ground-bug.trk

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 7:34 PM, NineLine said:

I add an other track that shows better what happens. The AI aircraft takes damage the first time it is hit somewhere, all the other hits on same spot do nothing. It seems that when a sub-system is destroyed, its "hit box" acts as a shield for the rest of the aircraft. A hit from another direction, avoiding this "hit box", is require to add damage (but only once, until new sub-system is destroyed).

In the track I put 6 IFV, shooting in turn from different directions. 1 hit from 1st IFV, 1 from another, and finally 1 from the last IFV are impacting life points (the 3rd one destroying the AI su27). All other hits do only visual damage.

AI-AC-on-ground-damage-bug.jpg

AI-AC-on-ground-damage-bug.trk

• Thanks 1

• ED Team
On 4/3/2022 at 2:05 PM, HeavyGun1450 said:

Can someone please look at these track files? Thanks

I had no issues with an A-10C strafing MiG-23s, they seem quite easy to destroy, the models are old, and there for the damaged look is also very old, but they were destroyed very easily none the less. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png