VR left mirror stutters-freezes

Japo32

Jupp, can confirm. One of the first "issues" I stumbled over. Though the freezing could be unlocked by toggling mirrors on and off a couple times. That was in Pancake.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I need to reproduce this issue in order to report it. So far, no issue for me with left mirror. I flew fast and low over Syria, mirrors activated, head way above shoulders (RShift + RCtrl + Num 8).

Please attach a track showing the issue.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I confirm this issue as well. In my case, left mirror allways freezed as a picture. Rarely updates current position.

For a/c developers, I use CV1. No mods.

** UPDATE: The image blocking appears when moving head from near center position to left side; turning head to right can see left mirror working **

** New update: repair and reinstall performed. Problem persists **

Thanks.

Edited by Arink429

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

10 hours ago, Flappie said:

Then please attach a short track. I need one to know if I can reproduce this issue. In any case, it will help.

Sorry, I'm not at home currently. I will try to make a track file as soon as possible. My assumption is however, if it doesn't occure for you in normal game play, it probably won't occure when replaying a track (considering how track files work).

Edit: I haven't tried to disable Mod-Aircraft like the A-4 yet.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 7/25/2022 at 12:11 AM, Arink429 said:

** UPDATE: The image blocking appears when moving head from near center position to left side; turning head to right can see left mirror working **

Many thanks. My initial try was made without headtracking, which is why I couldn't reproduce the issue.

This bug looks like this game (whatever you call it in your country).

Issue reported.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

BUMP 2.

I am sure the Developer will eventually fix the Left Mirror Stutter while using VR/Head Tracking. 

@Vibora, I am more curious as to what is causing the problem in the first place.  It is not like it is a new feature in DCS. The Aviojet C-101 you helped create has working mirrors.   Just strange that the bug still exists months after the release of the F1.

But being in Early Access makes this more of a development and programming question. The Mirage F1 is a beautiful module.  

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added Question.
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

16 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

BUMP 2.

I am sure the Developer will eventually fix the Left Mirror Stutter while using VR/Head Tracking. 

@Vibora, I am more curious as to what is causing the problem in the first place.  It is not like it is a new feature in DCS. The Aviojet C-101 you helped create has working mirrors.   Just strange that the bug still exists months after the release of the F1.

But being in Early Access makes this more of a development and programming question. The Mirage F1 is a beautiful module.  

This is already fixed. It will appear in next imminent Open Beta update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Great quality of life improvements with today's Open Beta Patch!  Glad I Purchased the F1 on Day 1. 

• Cockpit mirrors now can be toggled On/Off by 'Toggle Mirrors' key.
  • Fixed left mirror, it doesn't freeze anymore at certain view angles.
  • Like 1
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

16 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Great quality of life improvements with today's Open Beta Patch!  Glad I Purchased the F1 on Day 1. 

• Cockpit mirrors now can be toggled On/Off by 'Toggle Mirrors' key.
  • Fixed left mirror, it doesn't freeze anymore at certain view angles.

The toggle seems to only fold in the mirrors though.  It doesn't turn off the reflections.  I wish it did to save a bit of frame rate.

6 hours ago, kontiuka said:

The toggle seems to only fold in the mirrors though.  It doesn't turn off the reflections.  I wish it did to save a bit of frame rate.

Hi, @kontiukaWhen using the "M" Keybind I did notice a 10 to 15 FPS drop in my testing with toggling mirrors in the F1 and most other Modules.

• What is your current setting for the Res. of Cockpit Displays?

Check in your DCS Options >> Under SYSTEM. Mine is 1024. Maybe if you are at a lower setting like 512 or 256  your Mirrors have much less of a performance impact and you don't notice? 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Hi, @kontiukaWhen using the "M" Keybind I did notice a 10 to 15 FPS drop in my testing with toggling mirrors in the F1 and most other Modules.

• What is your current setting for the Res. of Cockpit Displays?

Check in your DCS Options >> Under SYSTEM. Mine is 1024. Maybe if you are at a lower setting like 512 or 256  your Mirrors have much less of a performance impact and you don't notice? 

Cheers. 

I have it at 512.  Does that setting impact more than just the mirrors though.  Like TPODs, etc. ?  Also, I like having mirrors when I'm flying high and there isn't as much of an impact as down low so turning down the res isn't great.

Anyway, ideally, you should be able to turn them off completely.

• Like 2