George CPG and gun

Ian Boys UK

vor 9 Stunden schrieb dedlike.:

i think the gun together with george broke with the LMC update wich added the motion compensation, the gun just isnt realy useable with george atm and it probly wont be till they state a fix for it in a patchnote, you can get him to fire a bit with having him on free fire but... just dont bother with it atm

To fix it, it is good practice to supply feedback and test results. That's why I do bother to help the team narrow it down.

The effect of switching shots between target and waterline hasn't been reported AFAIK and I am very aware that it is WIP. 

That's why we have the Openbeta, to catch these things and provide input, data and feedback to help getting it fixed. 😁

• Like 3

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

We should see improvement soon. 

thanks

Do you need any more input (track file)?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• ED Team
38 minutes ago, shagrat said:

Do you need any more input (track file)?

for now we are ok, changes have been made internally and should filter into coming patches. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, placsea said:

Hey guys, since the latest patch didn't solve my issue I took a short couple of clips showing the discrepancy between single player and multiplayer when George is using the gun. Are you guys experiencing the same issue as I am? 

I have very similar issues in MP George wont fire  only thing that kind of makes him work is the W.A.S. gun and fire command combo and is tricky to make it work it has to be fast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all and ED,

Unfortunately, same as others on this post, the patch did not, fix George' refusal to fire gun in MP.

He will WAS the gun, but exactly the same issues as before with 9999 and no lase or engagement.

Thanks to ED though for taking the time to get this right, always little bugs with Beta, looking forward to this one getting fixed.

Back to flying fixed wing...

Cheers,

Rainman

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rainman01 said:

G'day all and ED,

Unfortunately, same as others on this post, the patch did not, fix George' refusal to fire gun in MP.

He will WAS the gun, but exactly the same issues as before with 9999 and no lase or engagement.

Thanks to ED though for taking the time to get this right, always little bugs with Beta, looking forward to this one getting fixed.

Back to flying fixed wing...

Cheers,

Rainman

Just checking, but have you tried both settings for his ROE?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 8:43 PM, Varry007 said:

No, problem remains.... stopped flying ah-64d for now

Same mate - can't fly the bugger without losing my poop till it's fixed. To be expected when it's still early in development though. 

5 hours ago, RodBorza said:

Is it in Multiplayer?

I've tested in SP and he is engaging the targets you give him. 

5 hours ago, RodBorza said:

Is it in Multiplayer?

I've tested in SP and he is engaging the targets you give him. 

Yes mate, MP only. Works fine in SP.

Edited by Rainman01

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 12:13 PM, Varry007 said:

No, problem remains.... stopped flying ah-64d for now

Seriously ? Just ask George to aim the TADS and fire the gun with the helmet sight. He can fire hellfire and use COOP mode for rockets. This gun bug is a small bug. You can also jump in the front seat and fire manually.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

11 minutes ago, Zarma said:

Just ask George to aim the TADS and fire the gun with the helmet sight.

This is what I do, but for someone that may not have VR or head-tracking, this means using cursor keys or mouse to manipulate the camera to track the target out the window, which means your hand is not on the cyclic controlling the aircraft.  Easier said than done.

38 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

This is what I do, but for someone that may not have VR or head-tracking, this means using cursor keys or mouse to manipulate the camera to track the target out the window, which means your hand is not on the cyclic controlling the aircraft.  Easier said than done.

Could always do fixed guns aswell, if you must

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

On 11/2/2022 at 7:28 PM, Zarma said:

Seriously ? Just ask George to aim the TADS and fire the gun with the helmet sight. He can fire hellfire and use COOP mode for rockets. This gun bug is a small bug. You can also jump in the front seat and fire manually.

sure, seriously; one can also go out and enjoy life, start a new hobby, or go rub one in the corner for all i care....

On some aspects, the apache has just gotten worse over the last patches.

I don't want to bash ED, but there are more pressing issues than adding skeletons, green moons, and green jet afterburner flares.... SO Yes, i dropped the apache for now, until it's properly fixed; it's a personal choice, based on enjoyment (or lack of) with the current state of the module (impossible to boresight in VR is another of those issues which just gotten worse)....

Edited by Varry007
  • Like 2