Hey, I updated today and have been playing around in the Huey. when I press the trigger to fire the miniguns they stay on until the trigger is pressed again, rather than only firing whilst the trigger is held. I've restarted, and re-bound the control but issue persists.

16 hours ago, scorpion80 said:

Same problem for the AI gunner... they begin fire and don't stop till munition ends

Same for me (on MP Enigma server).  Tell them to hold to no avail.  Turn the weapon arm switch off to no avail.  Can't stop the firing by the AI and they continue just firing even though no target to fire at.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

On 9/27/2022 at 1:24 PM, RuskyV said:

If you have a two stage trigger make sure you push past the first stage so it registers only the second stage. What might be happening is both stages are being mapped to the same button. Could be causing the issue?

This isn't the problem. Sometimes tapping fire or cycling ROE will fix it, sometimes not.

This happened to me yesterday on the ECW server with some degree of hilarity. 

1) I accidentally fired at a fellow Huey in a co-altitude merge after misidentifying the Huey. I turned around to pursue the Huey and then realized it was a team mate.  Unfortunately, the guns wouldn't stop firing and the huey pilot screamed out that he was a friendly.  I had to tell my gun trigger was stuck;

2) I saw a huey tracers (but not the huey) miles away from me with the same problem as he engaged another RC/FW. I couldn't see the Huey but I could see his red string of tracers shooting all over the place nonstop. It was like  drunk man losing his balance while peeing and not being able to stop. It was spraying all over the place and was clearly attracting the attention of the enemy aircraft in the area even though they probably could not see the Huey as well; and

3) my right minigun was stuck and firing non stop. I hit the trigger and the right gun stopped but the left gun got stuck on firing. I hit the firing trigger again and the left gun stopped but the right one started again. This kept on repeating until I ran out of ammo.

If you are playing on a PvP server and this happens and you can't get your guns unstuck, quickly descend to the ground (if you are able to) below tree level and stay there until you get your guns to stop or you run out of ammo to avoid nosey neighbors.

Happens to me also. Briefly tapping the fire button on Warthog causes the mini guns to stay on. Holding it down a little longer seems to works as intended as on release the mini gun stops firing. its just the very brief one shot press that causes the miniguns to fire forever until you tap the trigger again (Actually though i had a sticking trigger but tried to map to other buttons and same issue)

Also can confirm the isse with AI co pilot who no matter what the AI setting is set to, fires forever with left minigun. If i take over by setting him to HOLD and press my trigger the right minugun then fires forever.

Wookie

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 3600XT@4.4GHz+ || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max || MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z || 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM@3200 || 32" Monitor || Win 10 Home || TM Warthog HOTAS || Logitech ProFlight Pedals || TrackHat Clip || Rift S

Modules: A-10C & A-10C II || KA-50 2 & 3 || FC3 || CA || UH-1H || AV-8B || L-39 || F-86F || F-5 II || Mi-8 || M-2000C || F/A-18 || SA-342 || Super Carrier || F-14A/B || AH-64D

Maps: Caucasus || NTTR || Persian Gulf || Marianas || Syria

On 9/27/2022 at 1:24 PM, RuskyV said:

If you have a two stage trigger make sure you push past the first stage so it registers only the second stage. What might be happening is both stages are being mapped to the same button. Could be causing the issue?

Hi Rusky, 

I only have a single stage trigger so that isn't the problem, but thanks for the suggestion. I do tend to fly the Huey quite regularly and haven't changed any bindings recently, it's only since the last update. I maybe should have checked some of my other modules to see if they have the same issue too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EcosseFlyer said:

Happens to me also. Briefly tapping the fire button on Warthog causes the mini guns to stay on. Holding it down a little longer seems to works as intended as on release the mini gun stops firing. its just the very brief one shot press that causes the miniguns to fire forever until you tap the trigger again (Actually though i had a sticking trigger but tried to map to other buttons and same issue)

Also can confirm the isse with AI co pilot who no matter what the AI setting is set to, fires forever with left minigun. If i take over by setting him to HOLD and press my trigger the right minugun then fires forever.

When this happens, set them to hold and HOLD down the fire button. It resets it to toggling fire on/off on both sides. Not ideal but it's a workaround.

I am afraid it is simply a new bug. May be from two or three update agò.

Easy to verify , just put some enemy infantry on ground fly over e turn around them. Gunner wont stop firing

In fact if you use AI in "free fire" mode, gunners keep firing until munition finish even if , after a turn , there are no bandits in sight 

I really hope in a urgent fix

I Now have this Bug too. I can not attach my Track file because the size is to large the popup tells me. It is strange the door Gunners can do it and so far for me the Copilot will keep only 1 of the guns on port or starboard side on and will keep firing till ammo is empty. I tell the UI Menu to HOLD but he keeps shooting from one of the guns. His gun sight is up the target is dead and it just keeps firing.

I configure the Huey with just one front minigun. When the BUG happens and the AI co-pilot starts crazy-firing, I set him to HOLD, and press my trigger once (normal press, into the second detent on my two-stage trigger). This stops the gun from firing. Once it stops, I can set the co-pilot back to FREE FIRE and he won't go nuts.

When I tried this with both front miniguns installed, pressing the trigger just switched which gun was firing... eventually one side would deplete its ammunition. So this is just an attempt to stop the madness, and it's not a fix. It's also not optimal, because sometimes you really want both front guns firing on a target. Having only one gun reduces the coverage arc and lowers the total power of the front system substantially.

At least the door gunners aren't affected by the BUG. Or are they?

vor einer Stunde schrieb RickInAZ:

I configure the Huey with just one front minigun. When the BUG happens and the AI co-pilot starts crazy-firing, I set him to HOLD, and press my trigger once (normal press, into the second detent on my two-stage trigger). This stops the gun from firing. Once it stops, I can set the co-pilot back to FREE FIRE and he won't go nuts.

When I tried this with both front miniguns installed, pressing the trigger just switched which gun was firing... eventually one side would deplete its ammunition. So this is just an attempt to stop the madness, and it's not a fix. It's also not optimal, because sometimes you really want both front guns firing on a target. Having only one gun reduces the coverage arc and lowers the total power of the front system substantially.

At least the door gunners aren't affected by the BUG. Or are they?

On my tests the door gunners where affected too. 😞

• 2 weeks later...