FAQ and Updates

OnReTech

I am very interested in the map - also because of the current situation in the region...

However, as mentioned before, I don't see any map updates since the first release. 😞 Will the development of this map continue, how and when?

Not seeing any updates or progress on the roadmap, prevents me from buying this map.

Edited by v2tec
  • Like 1

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

I keep seeing jets having two tails not being able to enter or leave some of the hangars. 

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
Kiowa (soon :)) F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

13 hours ago, rwbishUP said:

I second that, I'm A LOT bit disappointed! What gives here? This map wasn't cheap!

15 hours ago, mwd2 said:

No bug fix in DCS 2.9.x - i am a little bit disappointed.

Be Patient fellas, We were waiting for a kneeboard fix in syria for two years, Honestly the Sinai is the best map ever. give them a time, the map released very recently 

Edited by Raviar
  • Like 5

I completely understand, but there are a lot of small bugs that need addressed to be able to actually use the map for even simple missions. The AI parking and taxi situation is a huge deterrent in using the map. Even the smallest air frames are unable to be placed on a lot of the airfields, unless set to "runway start". And heavies are almost unusable when you need them to start from an airfield of your choice. I understand taking more time on scenery updates, adding more geographic features, etc. Which if there are issues with these things, I don't see them because the map looks amazing to me. But the issues that prevent us from using AI flights in missions in the way that we need them is really disappointing. There has been plenty of time since release, to address a lot of the AI parking & taxiing fouls. I love the map, I would really like to see it be used in mp a lot more, but these couple of anti AI bugs suck.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rwbishUP said:

I completely understand, but there are a lot of small bugs that need addressed to be able to actually use the map for even simple missions. The AI parking and taxi situation is a huge deterrent in using the map. Even the smallest air frames are unable to be placed on a lot of the airfields, unless set to "runway start". And heavies are almost unusable when you need them to start from an airfield of your choice. I understand taking more time on scenery updates, adding more geographic features, etc. Which if there are issues with these things, I don't see them because the map looks amazing to me. But the issues that prevent us from using AI flights in missions in the way that we need them is really disappointing. There has been plenty of time since release, to address a lot of the AI parking & taxiing fouls. I love the map, I would really like to see it be used in mp a lot more, but these couple of anti AI bugs suck.   

wasnt aware of this, thanks. and also think these issues should be addressed first, before the map is further enhanced 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it yesterday and I mostly like it. So I think I'll share my opinion for anyone who is also on the fence.

Imo in the current state this map has some very pronounced strengths and minuses, that's why user reviews will be all over the place.

let's start with the pluses:

-performance is great

-lighting, especially nights/sunsets/sunrises are simply amazing. the best in DCS at this time and surpassing X-Plane or MSFS

-the Sinai peninsula looks great (irl hasn't many features either except some green waterholes in the Wadis)

minuses:

-cities and water look lifeless

-the map has been obviously machine generated for the most part. landuse polygons have been populated with a sort of "content fill". this may be the way to go for large map creation but one would hope for more variation (especially less tenements rising from the desert)

.the green field textures look generic and not that great

All in all at this point I give it a 7.5/10. If the problems can be ironed out, and some character added to the autogenerated features it could easily become the best map in DCS. For now it is imo worth the 40$ as it gives you a large, very interesting area to fly. But it also still has some way to go, and would be a shame if left as it is.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 10:38 PM, Burning Bridges said:

I bought it yesterday and I mostly like it. So I think I'll share my opinion for anyone who is also on the fence.

Imo in the current state this map has some very pronounced strengths and minuses, that's why user reviews will be all over the place.

let's start with the pluses:

-performance is great

-lighting, especially nights/sunsets/sunrises are simply amazing. the best in DCS at this time and surpassing X-Plane or MSFS

-the Sinai peninsula looks great (irl hasn't many features either except some green waterholes in the Wadis)

minuses:

-cities and water look lifeless

-the map has been obviously machine generated for the most part. landuse polygons have been populated with a sort of "content fill". this may be the way to go for large map creation but one would hope for more variation (especially less tenements rising from the desert)

.the green field textures look generic and not that great

All in all at this point I give it a 7.5/10. If the problems can be ironed out, and some character added to the autogenerated features it could easily become the best map in DCS. For now it is imo worth the 40$ as it gives you a large, very interesting area to fly. But it also still has some way to go, and would be a shame if left as it is.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I hope that the next update will correct many of the comments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Dear friends and pilots. :pilotfly:

After a short break, our team continues to work to improve and expand our module Sinai map. Step by step completing the tasks from our roadmap.

We don't forget about fixing bugs and adding new tasks to the roadmap for future improvements.

We worked on the surface textures and seabed textures, and adjusted the color.
Every day we add more and more unique objects and airfields.
In Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Cairo and Alexandria, we are working to improve unique scenes.
Night lighting of unique objects will become more realistic.

I attached some screenshots of progress in the work below.

We continue working!
Thank you all very much for your feedback and comments.

12.png

11.png

10.png

9.png

8.png

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, OnReTech said:

Dear friends and pilots. :pilotfly:

After a short break, our team continues to work to improve and expand our module Sinai map. Step by step completing the tasks from our roadmap.

We don't forget about fixing bugs and adding new tasks to the roadmap for future improvements.

We worked on the surface textures and seabed textures, and adjusted the color.
Every day we add more and more unique objects and airfields.
In Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Cairo and Alexandria, we are working to improve unique scenes.
Night lighting of unique objects will become more realistic.

I attached some screenshots of progress in the work below.

We continue working!
Thank you all very much for your feedback and comments.

12.png

11.png

10.png

9.png

8.png

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

those arresting cable, the lighting in the first night pic is insane ! 
Best MAP by far.

Edited by Raviar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

it would be cool to get some Airfields on the right side, like in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and in the north, Libanon, and Syria.

most curious why it can't be combined with the Syria map, if booth are purchased, there should be a possiblity ( just a dream)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolling said:

most curious why it can't be combined with the Syria map, if booth are purchased, there should be a possiblity ( just a dream)

ED didn't make it possible. But you can make campaign in such manner that you fly from one map to the other in next mission. Depending on your PC and settings it's a matter of seconds or minutes for the map switch.

• Like 4

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, Rolling said:

A - two independent companies, so no doubt all kinds of legalities and what not involved even if they wanted to

B - (and really more importantly) - they are made with different "technology" so they are not directly compatible without doing a major rework on one or both of them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, draconus said:

ED didn't make it possible. But you can make campaign in such manner that you fly from one map to the other in next mission. Depending on your PC and settings it's a matter of seconds or minutes for the map switch.

Actually there are many sound reasons why such a process cannot be done retroactively.

Something that many people are not really aware of is that absolutely every 2D map uses a spherical projection. And the further you go away from the center of the map, the less the map matches with neighboring maps. That means in practical terms that for GPS makers and geodesists seeming maps together is an absolute nightmare.

Of course this could be preempted by using identical spherical models but I guarantee you that the mathematical task is going to be absolutely massive.

Also for a model of the whole planet you need a global tiling and loading mechanism which is able subdivide the surface in small tiles. Ideally would be a triangular subdivision, but since this plays so badly with bitmaps most developers went for orthogonal subdivision but this is horrible at the Poles. Which is the reason MSFS or X-Plane are so inaccurate or doesnt even have land around the Poles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope the update brings more variation to the cities and ground objects.

I'm not getting my hopes up yet but some of the screenshots looked promising in that regard.

And we need airports closer to the map borders otherwise a lot of nice area is underused. I hardly ever got further down than St.Catherine which is almost the center of the map.

• Like 3

On 11/4/2023 at 7:11 AM, OnReTech said:

just a visual model

Is it possible to have waves breaking on the actual shoreline, or is this a DCS issue, I was enjoying low level on the Sinai peninsular itself along the coastline, and it looks a little weird with surf breaking out to sea, but then nothing on the actual coastline.

Not a criticism, love your work on this map, just a question of possibility, i realise that its a game with limitations👍

• Like 3

Don't care about more Airfields, just fix the ground Detail on all allready existing airfield according to real life maps. Right now they all look extremely outdated. Maybe shops and gas stations in cities would be nice too. So it can more be called Sinai map, right now it's more fictional Sinai map. Sure we'll never get a ground detail that accurate like MSFS but i got my hopes up. 

• Like 3
If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.