1 hour ago, flyingtom said:

Very nice campaign !! Unfortunatly stuck on mission 13 . DCS crashed twice on my way back to the ship (a bit frustrating when you managed to stay alive until then 😄 ) . You will find the log here attached .

I loved the variety of situations , particularly the technical emergency (it reminded me my sim training on Airbus 😉 )

CRASHdcs.log 230.37 kB · 0 downloads

Nice, glad you enjoyed the campaign up until now 😉  I'll have a look at the log and see what I can find.  Thank you!

• Like 1

@flyingtom, I wasn't able to reproduce your crash, but I think I know why it happened.   It's possible the crash occurred on RTB at the moment a tanker is spawned on the carrier.  I've modified the trigger so the tanker now spawns mid-air.  This "SHOULD" fix it.

The update is live now: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3326679/

Also, is there any chance you have any mods installed right now?  If so, which ones?

Cheers,

Sedlo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your update did the trick !! Campaign complete, I will say it again, it was a blast , your campaign is a master piece and a must have. Many thanks for your hard work. You must get it often, but if you would continue with an another DLC-campaign in the future I would be more than happy to buy it.

Have a great day !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flyingtom said:

Your update did the trick !! Campaign complete, I will say it again, it was a blast , your campaign is a master piece and a must have. Many thanks for your hard work. You must get it often, but if you would continue with an another DLC-campaign in the future I would be more than happy to buy it.

Have a great day !

Awesome, glad to hear it’s complete and very happy to know you enjoyed it!

I would love to commit to building a DLC campaign, but these days I am not able to have too much computer time.    

An official DLC Is something I really want to do, though. 😉

• Like 2

Just now, Sedlo said:

An official DLC Is something I really want to do, though. 😉

I have truly enjoyed your free Campaigns for a long time now, so if you ever move onto Third Party territory, I would be very happy to become a paid customer of yours 👍

Cheers!

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

I finally completed Mission 3. Got on the boat, was told I could close the mission now, got to the statistics screen and both results were 100 or >. Cool, this was my 3rd or 4th try so I am happy. I go to the usual upper right corner X and click it. I get a popup saying something about do I want to do this because I will lose my progress if I do. So I go to lower right nice color button 'End Mission' and click it. Same popup. WTF? I don't know any other way to end a mission. So I click it. And failed the mission. What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBStu said:

I finally completed Mission 3. Got on the boat, was told I could close the mission now, got to the statistics screen and both results were 100 or >. Cool, this was my 3rd or 4th try so I am happy. I go to the usual upper right corner X and click it. I get a popup saying something about do I want to do this because I will lose my progress if I do. So I go to lower right nice color button 'End Mission' and click it. Same popup. WTF? I don't know any other way to end a mission. So I click it. And failed the mission. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, might be something wonky with this build of DCS.  If you go into the campaign again and it wants you to re-do mission 3, just skip it for now. 

I'll have a look on the weekend, too.

Thanks for the report!

• Like 1

Thanks Sedlo, I will definitely be flying it again. After my post I was thinking about this. After I fly a mission several times I have a line added to the 'choose you mission' list for each time I failed. I 'think' I had chosen the first line (the original line) for Mission 3. Maybe I should chose the line for my most recent failure of Mission 3. I will let you know.

• Like 1

I just completed Mission 3 and WON. I had chosen the most recent prior attempt to fly this time. I closed it via the 'End Mission' button and all went well. Thanks again.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, gave it another go with flares set to release 20 at half second intervals. I popped them proactively, like you said, as soon as I got in gun range and started firing. I broke hard when I saw smoke in the air. The Igla tracked a flare and the gun run was a success.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

2 hours ago, Roosterfeet said:

Thanks, gave it another go with flares set to release 20 at half second intervals. I popped them proactively, like you said, as soon as I got in gun range and started firing. I broke hard when I saw smoke in the air. The Igla tracked a flare and the gun run was a success.

Awesome!   Glad you made it through!  That was one of my favourite missions to make!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered something re; radio comms in mission 7 (I think). I was going from 20 to 4 as instructed but fumble fingered it, went past 4 low, then went past 4 again going to maybe 7. Finally calmed down and got to 4. OK take off and something isn't happening re; coms so I carefully go to 20 and carefully down to 4. And then I hear the next expected radio call. So, if you are like me, slow down just a bit on scrolling to change channels and things will work better.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...