'GoToWaypoint' broken in 2.8. Units go to the waypoint but stop - they never progress to the next in the sequence.

Rolds

Please have a look at the attached mission which shows the behavior of units using "go to waypoint" actions.

One vehicle starts off toward his waypoint 1 but intersects a trigger zone that has the action "ai task push, go to waypoint 2". The AI turns toward waypoint 2 and starts driving towards it, but before he gets there he turns around and stops and will not go any further. My intention was for this unit to go to waypoint 2 then continue on to waypoint 3 so as to use the ai task push triggered action to avoid having this unit go to waypoint 1 altogether. I have not found a way around this but I then tried a couple other things to try to understand the function of "go to waypoint".

Another vehicle starts toward its waypoint 1 which has a perform task, "go to waypoint 3" action. This unit turns, goes to waypoint 3 but then rather than going on to waypoint 4 it returns to waypoint 1 and carries on with its route to waypoint 2. I expected this unit to continue on its route to waypoint 4 however the ground unit function, "go to waypoint", does not appear to work like the air unit function "switch waypoint". It you push a unit to switch waypoint it will go to the new waypoint and then continue its route from there, this is what I was expected from "go to waypoint".

A third unit goes to waypoint 1, then 2 which has a go to waypoint 0 action. This unit loops as when it reaches waypoint 0 it just continues on to waypoint 1.

My point is this: It would be helpful for editing the actions of ground units if they had a feature that worked like "switch waypoint" so that we could trigger an action to have a unit go off onto a different route (perhaps in response to events which may or may not occur in the mission like destruction of a unit) or randomize the routes ground units took. I hope this makes sense.

The triggered action "go to waypoint" appears to be a bug as this causes vehicles simply to move toward a waypoint but then they stop and I don't believe this is the intended function of this action.

Persian Gulf Test.miz

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In fact it's even more messed up than I thought. I am trying to get a unit to patrol WP1,2,3,4 and then loop aronud so WP4 has a task to goto WP1 creating an endless patrol....but with a triggered action to go to a different WP (e.g. WP5). However when you select a triggered action to perform task>Go to Waypoint > WP5 the editor also amends WP4 so instead of it trying to go to WP1 it's automatically changed to WP5 (and the same happens in reverse)

I have a fudge for you   Create your waypoints 1-5... on 4 create 2 actions... one is a go to waypoint 1 (0), the other is a go to wp 5 (4)... on each you put a condition... ie if flag = 0 or flag = 1... then you just need a trigger to set the flag from 0 to 1... if you default it to 0, it will keep doing the patrol but when you update it, it will go to the final waypoint... you could actually do this at each waypoint to either go to the next or last waypoint respectively each time it hits a waypoint.

This has been confirmed by multiple people and is happening on Land and Sea but it appears it's still working for Aircraft.

This has, obviously completely broken many, many missions that were created prior to 2.8.

Edited by Elphaba

This fxn has always (V2.5 - V2.7) been hit or miss for me. So much so that I've stopped using it, which does add extra work. Needs vary but, for me, if  want a 'thing' to go somewhere I build a new 'mission' task. Yes, a PITA, but only have to do it once.

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

Definitely broken, so many of my missions rely on Go To Waypoint option for my Ground Units & was working fine before latest update.

Please ED can you make this a priority fix & not let us wait until monthly Update for this one.

As far as I can tell, there is no workaround. 

Regards GA 🙂

• Like 1

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

For ground units and ships I noticed since 2.8 that the go-to-waypoint logic doesn't work anymore. 

For example the setup is:

( WPT 1 ) -> ( WPT 2, advanced wapoint functions: go-to-waypoint-1 )

Most units seem to go back to WPT 1, but then they just stand still forever and don't go to WPT 2 again. With some units I noticed that they even ignore the go-to-waypoint order completely.

It's seems to me they're talking about a slightly different problem. They're describing units going to the wrong waypoints. I have a problem with them not moving at all and the problem occured only after patch 2.8 for me.

Edited by Racoon-1-1