F-16 RWR is non-functional in Multiplayer

Fropa

9 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

They do. Try it. They do the wrong thing, but... They work. Just... Different. The good news is that if my theory is correct that we can in fact fly the F-16 until it is fixed by enabling the search radars.

It is still wrong though.

That's just coincidence because I killed that Su-30 before. I had airborne emitters being detected.

Not super-duper-100% sure that all of them showed up though, but it seemed to be working. But... I gotta go to bed now, can't test anymore.

I still don't know why this happens in multiplayer... But probably the number of search radars is an issue. Who knows...

That's better than nothing!

• Like 1

• ED Team
21 minutes ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

also the updated EA manual for the viper on page 420 says the Search button is not implemented

15 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

the auxiliary threat panel with all those buttons isnt even implemented according to the manual. these buttons cant have any effect on anything currently

The current version of the manual was finalized several weeks ago, so there may have been changes since. When the next version of the manual is published with more revisions, it should also include any updates to the module that happen between manual versions.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

2 hours ago, Fropa said:

Just as the title says... In the latest patch, despite the RWR being turned on, I get no visual indications of radar lock or missile launch. The audible tones are working, but there are no corresponding visual symbols. This renders the F-16 nearly unflyable in combat scenarios... How did this get past the closed beta testers?

experienced similar problem, Something messed up my RWR today while was flying on Growling.

AMD R9 5950X | 32GB DDR4-4000 | Radeon 6900XT | Thrustmaster warthog + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 |МиГ-21 | F/A-18C |  F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 | JF-17| AJS-37

I've got a track file of a flight on Growling Sidewinder, RWR is on (Search mode off).  Most emitters don't show on RWR.  The missile that got me actually showed up on RWR briefly before I went boom.  Here's a link to the track file, which will expire Sunday.  Growling RWR Trackfile  (Can't upload it directly since the track file is 41MB.).

I've attached a snapshot from that flight where you can see plenty of contacts on Radar and HSD, with the RWR basically empty.

Empty RWR F16 MP.jpg

Here is a short multiplayer track from Hoggit's PGAW with only a couple of players online.
Quick and dirty startup and heading towards the Pyotr. It's the beginning of the first phase, so a lot of enemy SAM emitters are present.

TRACK DOWNLOAD (Google Drive folder)

Video 1 shows situation pre-lock/launch, switching the SEARCH button on and off
Video 2 during lock/launch

In default mode (Search off) you don't see what is locking you or launching at you.

Edited by boerdi
  • Like 2

Viper RWR should be thoroughly tested.

I'm trying to make a track with Pyotr Velikiy, where this ship fires a missile and with ECM Pod transmitting the RWR tone starts and stops constantly, like its turning on and off. (that happens on Hoggit PGAW server)

Edited by Furiz

@NineLineTrackfile of a seesion on Growling Sidewinder yesterday. It shows a single "round" from connection, lost RWR, flew around with numerous missiles sent at me with no warnings on RWR display, but "only" HMCS, "notching" them, using the "search" function to get something on the display, and disabling it a few times to check, to disconnection. It should be concise.

At one point I enabled "search", powered down the RWR and powered it back up. This displays the results like you'd get from the "search" function, without the function has been enabled though.

https://we.tl/t-73WwNNFx1f

Edited by VALROK

it is pretty bad. i was looking forward to this patch with various long standing bugs being fixed, however so many of the base functions are so broken now that it is really not worth playing. pretty sad. 
RWR as a very core part of this aircraft given its SEAD/DEAD role, Cursor Zero, Mav Boresight and Ripple... while the features are technically there, most of them require a weird ass workaround for it to somewhat work (and yes i get it, its a BETA) but in this state it really isnt playable. yes it flies but thats about it.

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 4

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Moonshine:

it is pretty bad. i was looking forward to this patch with various long standing bugs being fixed, however so much of the base functions are so broken now that it is really not worth playing. pretty sad. 
RWR as a very core part of this aircraft given its SEAD/DEAD role, Cursor Zero, Mav Boresight and Ripple... while the features are technically there, most of them require a weird ass workaround for it to somewhat work (and yes i get it, its a BETA) but in this state it really isnt playable. yes it flies but thats about it.

There is no workaround for maverick boresighting, you simply can't boresight them as of now. I have not even once succeeded with boresighting them. Wonder how this is supposed to work.

Never ever boresight them as of now. They will at least look in the general direction instead of moving to the gimbal limit after three unsuccessful tries.

And for the RWR... Just enable search radars.

I have some hope for a hotfix next week. I don't care if they revert the whole thing to prior the patch, just bring back mavs and fix the RWR.

However, the only way around such things is to go to the stable branch. Open beta means that you are a tester, and as such there will be things that are major flaws to be discovered by you.

I can understand how the RWR bug made it through, but how the mav align bug could pass makes me wonder if there is a routine that does actually work. There must be one working way to do it, and I would be interested in what the tester did because... This would be the workaround. 

• Like 1