41 minutes ago, buur said:

@313 SQN JDI like your script, thanks. Is it possible to make him salute only when you start taxiing? 

That's what it should do. It should start saluting when your velocity is above 1 knots and if you are within 15 meters of your parking spot like in my demo. 

Are you experiencing something else?

Edited by 313 SQN JD
  • Like 1

2023/5/3 AM12点09分,313 SQN JD说:

UPDATED 5/3/23 19:00

*added extra check so that the crew chief does not spawn if you spawn on a ship.
*added option for crew chief to spawn with random liveries. If you don't want this comment out line 25 and  32.
*changed the position of the crew chief to be compatible with Caucasus and NTTR shelters so that he does not spawn on the roof.

Hey guys! 

I thought some of you might like this. I wrote a small script to use with the asset pack crewchief which will automatically spawn a crewchief related to your player/client aircraft and automatically salute when you leave the ramp or come back and he will despawn if you go out of your aircraft.

You don't need to make any more triggers or flags. The script will take care of all of it.

If you want to use this with a helicopter simply change line 1 from:

FilterCategories("plane")

to

FilterCategories("plane", "helicopter") 

How to use the script:

1. Mission Start > Do Script File > Moose.lua (needs to be the newest version of moose)
2. Mission Start > Do Script File > DynamicCrewChief.lua
3. In ME, make 1 late activated group, select M92_Personell_salute and change the gorup name exactly to "Crewchief". 

Here's a small video demo and the script is attached. 

This should work in Multiplayer too but i have not tested it yet.

This is the very first working itteration, if you know lua you can change the position and heading of the crewchief. If you spawn in a shelter the guy will be on the roof, there is nothing i can do about that. 

I'm planning to script the parking guy next to appear when you leave the airfield and when you come back be at your parking spot and put his hands up to brake. 

Cheers!

How to use this lua?just put it in the mod file?

DynamicCrewChiefV1.1.lua 2.88KB · 1次下载

• Like 2

@Torattacker

No you use it standalone. But you need MOOSE.lua to run it, which you can download here 

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/tree/develop/Moose_Include_Static

Then, go into the mission editor and make some mission triggers like described below: 

1. >Trigger 1. Mission Start > Do Script File > "Moose.lua" (needs to be the newest version of moose)
2. >Trigger 2. Mission Start > Do Script File > "DynamicCrewChief.lua"
3. In ME, make 1 late activated group, select M92_Personell_salute and change the gorup name exactly to "Crewchief". 

Keep an eye out on my OP since i will update my script soon as it gets cleaned up and fixed MP funcionality.

Edited by 313 SQN JD
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great work Massun! Your script is also great 313!

I think the ground crew adds to the immersion so much! Can we get a guy who points the other way? And maybe a marshaller who gives the sign to stop when you enter a parking?

• Like 2

Awesome work in the saluting crewchief.!! Very nice work. Really adds to the immersion.

I am having trouble getting the script to work in multiplayer. Here's whats happening.

empty mission, 2 F16 set to client on the ramp hot start. Trigger1 loads the latest version of moose. Trigger 2 loads the salute script after 2 seconds. Crewchief with proper name set to late activation.

The crewchief spawns next to me, but not at the second remote player. The logs show an error. It seems that the "local unitClient = _client:GetClientGroupUnit()" returns nil on the second client.

so we tested a second time, with me as server staying in the observers position, and letting the other remote guy take a seat alone. Then the script works for him too, but not if we both take a seat in an F16.

Any ideas? Did something break?

----------------

EDIT: update!

The script works if the second player is not in the same group as the server. I'm guessing its either a moose or a DCS scripting thing.

Edited by nighteyes2017
  • Like 1

Sorry, dont knwo if this was asked before, but the lights dont seem to be working. Is there something I'm missing ? any specific way to set them up ? 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

9 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

the lights dont seem to be working.

They work on my DCS, latest Open Beta, Syria Map, this is without the Mod:

kqdWSaO.jpg

and this is the same scene but with two light sources added, one on the front of the hangar and another within it:

qhlWNfD.jpg

9 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

Is there something I'm missing ? any specific way to set them up ? 

I set them up like this:

6weKkoS.jpg

Great Mod by the way, if you use it then please donate to support the author  🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you! 

follow up question- I wanted to place cockpit ladder, fire extinguisher and personnel under a shelter. They always spawn onto of it. 
how can I fix that? Thanks 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Thanatos31:

Thank you! 

follow up question- I wanted to place cockpit ladder, fire extinguisher and personnel under a shelter. They always spawn onto of it. 
how can I fix that? Thanks 

DCS places them on top of objects, as long as the icon is on top of a shelter etc.

You can try to move the center icon just outside the shelter. Works at least with static aircraft. 

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

A while ago you could place aircraft and objects under things like the VPC shelters then about 6-8 updates ago it stopped working. No idea why but ED never responded to requests to fix it.  You could even start a flight from inside a shelter or hangar, which was great. 

I hoped they would fix whatever it was they changed but gave up checking on it ages ago.  The only option is what shagrat suggests, with a bit of fine tuning you can get part of an object inside, but not all of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

I wanted to place cockpit ladder, fire extinguisher and personnel under a shelter. They always spawn onto of it. 

Strange, they do work on my end:

BsKP9Lv.jpg

g88DdrI.jpg

Maybe it is a map issue? which map are you using?

test.miz

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Just tried your miz and that does work. However, if you place a VCP Nato Shelter on another spot and place an aircrat under it to take off when you go to fly the aircraft has been moved to the next closest empty spot, the in game stuff is working but modded stuff isnt. Sorry, I didnt make that clear. 

I guess that is a VCP issue but I never could figure it out.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Just tried your miz and that does work. However, if you place a VCP Nato Shelter on another spot and place an aircrat under it to take off when you go to fly the aircraft has been moved to the next closest empty spot, the in game stuff is working but modded stuff isnt. Sorry, I didnt make that clear. 

I guess that is a VCP issue but I never could figure it out.  

place the aircrafts as "takeoff from ground", rather than "takeoff from ramp or parking", when using the VPC Canopy

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/211575-vpc-airfield-equipment-094-beta/?do=findComment&comment=4897280

I tried that when it first started to go wrong Rudel, we spoke about it in Nov last year, the aircraft does go under the canopy/hangar but now it points the opposite way to the exit and wont move, the engines spool up to 100% without moving. (It did that before - pointing the opposite way is new)

It probably is a conflict with something else, I dont know what yet though.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can't get Massun92's asset pack into DCS, I downloaded it into computer (as shown and picture too) ...C:\Users\"your user name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Tech\...shows File downloaded in right place. 

In the DCS game (second picture) shows in in module and switch is ON BUT dosen't show any further??  I rebooted the game...still no Asset!  Please advise!

Screenshot_25.jpg

Screen_230805_105426.jpg

Can't get Massun92's asset pack into DCS, I downloaded it into computer (as shown and picture too) ...C:\Users\"your user name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Tech\...shows File downloaded in right place. 

In the DCS game (second picture) shows in in module and switch is ON BUT dosen't show any further??  I rebooted the game...still no Asset!  Please advise!

20 minutes ago, gdotts said:

Exactly what do you mean by "doesnt show" ? ... if the Pack is correctly installed (as it seems to be, based on your pics), then the Pack objects should appear on your Mission Editor, like this:

4xzRTc4.jpg

All the pack's assets have the prefix "M92" so they are easy to distinguish from other assets.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I wanted to install this mod but it don’t detected it. Is the mod works on 2.8 ?

French Virtual (And I hope future IRL) pilot (and patriot) 🇫🇷
Contact Discord (MP Uniquements) : pitigalaxy

Rejoins moi sur Twitch : twitch.tv/LeVraiGalaxy

Et aussi sur YouTube : youtube.com/@LeVraiGalaxy

14 minutes ago, Col. GALAXY said:

Is the mod works on 2.8 ?

Yes, this Mod works fine on the latest DCS.

• Like 2

It’s strange because mine won’t work. Do you know what can I do ?

2 minutes ago, Col. GALAXY said:

It’s strange because mine won’t work. Do you know what can I do ?

I assume that you followed the install instructions of the 1st post of this thread ...  what do you mean exactly by "won't work" ?

I expressed myself badly, I meant that it does not work. Infact, I drag it into the Tech file as instructed to do so, and when I'm in DCS, the mod doesn't show up in either the Installed Mods menu or the Mission Editor.

20 minutes ago, Col. GALAXY said:

... I drag it into the Tech file as instructed to do so, and when I'm in DCS, the mod doesn't show up in either the Installed Mods menu ...

If properly installed, the Mod should appear on the Module manager, like this:

vVq1kxe.jpg

Review the install instructions, maybe you didn't place the Mod at the /Saved games/ path

15 hours ago, Col. GALAXY said:

I expressed myself badly, I meant that it does not work. Infact, I drag it into the Tech file as instructed to do so, and when I'm in DCS, the mod doesn't show up in either the Installed Mods menu or the Mission Editor.

Check your mod installation, there´s something you´re doing wrong because the mod is working fine on my side.

Is it in DCS savedgames\ path or you installed in core folder?

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.