Clear Canopy Glass

On 1/19/2023 at 9:30 AM, speed-of-heat said:

I also am using this mod, to essentially remove shadows outside of the canopy, set shadows to medium (the will be hi res in the cockpit, but no cascades, or very few, outside the cockpit) note that this will not deal with the "soft flat shadows" issues which seem to be completely separate 

Shadows Reduced Frame Rate Impact v2.zip 970 B · 38 downloads

I installled this and the Canopy Glass mod, and better FPS, very happy in VR.

Awesome contributions. Thank you so much!

We need DLSS urgently in DCS. Not everyone can get a 4090. And some maps such as Syria and Marianas are not the best friendly in regards of FPS in VR. I can't wait for that. I believe the community should push/demand ED more on this.

Edited by KCOOL
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KCOOL said:

I installled this and the Canopy Glass mod, and better FPS, very happy in VR.

Awesome contributions. Thank you so much!

We need DLSS urgently in DCS. Not everyone can get a 4090. And some maps such as Syria and Marianas are not the best friendly in regards of FPS in VR. I can't wait for that. I believe the community should push/demand ED more on this.

There is no more need to 'push'. They're doing it. It's under test in-house right now. When it's ready it will be rolled out this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

There is no more need to 'push'. They're doing it. It's under test in-house right now. When it's ready it will be rolled out this year. 

That is great news! Any ETA for some kind of DLSS in open beta? So far this awesome mods are helping a lot!

Edited by KCOOL

8 hours ago, Elphaba said:

I was being sarcastic. Read their press releases. It's this year. Together with a load of other stuff...

Oh, thank you! Anyway these 2 mods are great.

Edited by KCOOL
  • Like 1

This is great! I was just b*tching to myself a couple days ago about the av8b's severely over-baked canopy! I like a little bit but not that much. Mod works perfect.

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

31 minutes ago, DragonJockey said:

Hi Taz.

I manually installed glass.hlsl on and my install if failing IC check on GS and other online servers. Others seems to be fine with IC. What did I do wrong?  Thanks for any advice. 

-DG-

I'm sorry, the way you wrote that is a bit confusing.  You say it fails on "other" online servers but "Others" seems to be fine with IC?  You referring to other "people" on the second other?  What does the log say?

18 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I'm sorry, the way you wrote that is a bit confusing.  You say it fails on "other" online servers but "Others" seems to be fine with IC?  You referring to other "people" on the second other?  What does the log say?

Sorry for the confusion. 'Others' means folks who downloaded it and are using it. I seem to be the 1st one reporting IC failing issue. It is failing on all MP servers that I tested (Growling SideWinder, BlueFlag, Hoggit etc.) which enforces IC check.

45 minutes ago, DragonJockey said:

Sorry for the confusion. 'Others' means folks who downloaded it and are using it. I seem to be the 1st one reporting IC failing issue. It is failing on all MP servers that I tested (Growling SideWinder, BlueFlag, Hoggit etc.) which enforces IC check.

I tested on my private server and it even passed the pure script so I can't say what you're doing wrong unless I know what you're doing.  Again, what does the log say?

On 1/18/2023 at 5:58 AM, Taz1004 said:

Makes canopy glass clear.  Should apply to all modules but only tested on A10C-II, Hornet, A4E-C, Black Shark 3, and Viper.

image.gif

Adjustments:

• Last value of line 97 adjusts opacity.  Default is 1 and 0 will be completely clear.  Mod is preset to 0.2.
  • If you want to eliminate shadow completely on the glass, delete or comment line 87 and 88.

Notes:  This mod may also affect MFD and HUD glass if the module uses same material.

Install:  Extract to DCS Main install path or use Mod manager.  Passes IC.

DOWNLOAD

Nice DCS Game mod. Highly recommended to use OVGME to control this game mod before and after each new ED Update. 
Thanks 👍

• Like 1

MOBO/MSI X570-A PRO/PCIe 4. CPU/AMD RYZEN 9 3900X (12 CORE), RAM/DDR4-32 GB (3200MHZ with XMP activated on the MOBO), GPU/EVGA-RTX 3080Ti, HMD/PIMAX Crystal, HOTAS/Thrustmaster Cougar

Thank you so, so much! It's great to see the community fix what "professionals" can't get right. These developers should feel great shame releasing these cockpits in such a sad state. Instead they model 1000 scratches thinking they're a modeling genius not realizing that scratches in real life are totally different than a scratch texture in a video game.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 2:30 PM, speed-of-heat said:

I also am using this mod, to essentially remove shadows outside of the canopy, set shadows to medium (the will be hi res in the cockpit, but no cascades, or very few, outside the cockpit) note that this will not deal with the "soft flat shadows" issues which seem to be completely separate 

Shadows Reduced Frame Rate Impact v2.zip 970 B · 97 downloads

Sorry, off-topic. Is this mod the same as this one?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329503/

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 11:57 PM, motoadve said:

Like this mod a lot 0.2 was too much for me, looked a bit unrealistic, I am happy with 0.6

Helpful note - thx! I prepared 3 mods in OvGME with the factors 0.2, 0.4 and 0.6 (line 101 in DCS MT 2.8.3.37854 now) - easy to exchange while testing different planes and light regimes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

4 hours ago, Retnek said:

Helpful note - thx! I prepared 3 mods in OvGME with the factors 0.2, 0.4 and 0.6 (line 101 in DCS MT 2.8.3.37854 now) - easy to exchange while testing different planes and light regimes.

Oh good to know, I didn't realize the file had been changed, I better go check the one in my mods folder! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.