Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

2 minutes ago, AvgeekJoe said:

@currenthill you read my mind.  I can't wait for CV90s to take the field!

Yep, the 9040C IFV with its 40 mm L/70B makes it punch above its weight. 👌🏻

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ivan-ivanov-1902 said:

May be in future🥺

1657296480_My-vser-ez-eshe-nichego-ne-nachinali-chto-est-v-arsenale-rossiiyskoiy-armii-dlya-naneseniya-sokrushi_4.jpg

regnum_picture_1515830084674767_normal.jpg

imgpreview.jpg

RAV_ARMIA-2018_2_05.jpg

i-w-Vn-Bb-FF-XL.jpg

If we change the control system of the projectile-do you think it will work?I'll try it now.

After making so many assets, I have a pretty good understanding of what'll work and what'll not in DCS. I only implement the workarounds or rough emulations of weapon systems when DCS doesn't have the native capability. If or when ED adds new core features, I can update my assets. 

4 hours ago, akitaken said:

I Currenthill,

What are the differences with the STRF9040, please ?  😅

Compared to what? Strf 9040C is the main Swedish version of the CV90. It's equipped with the Bofors L/70B 40 mm autocannon and a Ksp 58C 7.62 mm MG (FN MAG). Compared to the Strf 9040B which is featured in my Swedish Military Assets pack this one is more armored and the old m/39 7.62 MG (derivative of M1919) is replaced.

3 hours ago, ivan-ivanov-1902 said:

Changing the HEAD Type does not help to make a laser-guided projectile, you have to think, is it even possible?         currenthill,have you tried to implement this-loading shells at will

Screen_230622_064454.jpg

Yes, I've used this feature for my tanks, since they primarily use shells.

3 hours ago, Enoy said:

Found a bug with the PHZ 2000, it only fires one Excalibur shell at a time. It only fires again once the shell has either been shot down or has landed

Thanks! It's been fixed, will release an updated version shortly. 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

image.pngStrf 9040C 1.0.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.0

• Release version

Strf 9040C promo.jpg

image.pngPzH 2000 SPG 1.1.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.1.0

• Changed the turret PID
  • Fixed M982 not being able to fire more than one
  • Fixed positioning of track dust and dirt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, pepin1234 said:

I tested the Kalibr missiles from Admiral Gorshkov and its get a inaccurate 180m away from the programmed ME hit point 

Kalibr lost.jpg

Did you fire more than one missile? If you don't configure separate fire missions for each missile DCS will bug out. Use missile count = 1 for each line.

10 minutes ago, VFA41_Lion said:

image.pngany chance for a Shahed-136 in the future? it's really just a small dorito shaped cruise missile fired from a box

It's been on my list for a while, but it bugs me that I haven't figured out a way to get the prop spinning.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Did you fire more than one missile? If you don't configure separate fire missions for each missile DCS will bug out. Use missile count = 1 for each line.

there is the problem. Will fix it. thanks

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

I tried to make Shaheed drone, based on the scheme of a ground cruise missile, when it is on the ground, a static propeller is shown, when he flies, static trown away, and sprite image is shown as if a rotating propeller. But it doesn't look realistic.

image.png

Yep, that's exactly what I meant. 👍🏻

• Like 3

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

After making so many assets, I have a pretty good understanding of what'll work and what'll not in DCS. I only implement the workarounds or rough emulations of weapon systems when DCS doesn't have the native capability. If or when ED adds new core features, I can update my assets. 

Compared to what? Strf 9040C is the main Swedish version of the CV90. It's equipped with the Bofors L/70B 40 mm autocannon and a Ksp 58C 7.62 mm MG (FN MAG). Compared to the Strf 9040B which is featured in my Swedish Military Assets pack this one is more armored and the old m/39 7.62 MG (derivative of M1919) is replaced.

Yes, I've used this feature for my tanks, since they primarily use shells.

Thanks! It's been fixed, will release an updated version shortly.

Ok, thanks  🙏👍

• Like 2

@currenthill would you consider sometime in the future something like a soldier JTAC squad with 1 or two members?

Asking this because the followings:

1. There are some other 3rd party mods for JTAC, but they are solely static type of soldier, rendering it a bit unusable, Not mentioning is also a blind one 🙂

2. There is a catch with JTAC units when it comes to detection capabilities. Found out that a normal soldier in DCS is quite blind, while a Manpad is having slightly better capabilities. This is also extended to vehicles, and my findings are that the ATGM Humvee seems to have the best detection capabilities. Might be related to the optics on the vehicle... don't really know.

3. It would be a bit more immersive to see a proper JTAC equipment on the field, rather than a manpad  

4. will add even more sense to the CTLD type of operations, infiltrating a proper "invisible" JTAC on the battlefield, rather then having a fully fledged vehicle.

So, would you accept this challenge CH ? 🙂

PS: i was finding lately that using the Sweedish soldier for CTLD is quite a blast. They are quite powerfull and is making more realistic to transport them via helis, instead transporting crates to build vehicles.. If that sniper could also move would be a blast 🙂

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

3 hours ago, Wild_Weasel_31 said:

@currenthill, is there any possibility of making 3M14-T and Iskander-K cruise missiles more realistic by implementing a multiple-point route for them, as they have IRL? Current events prove their possibility even fly circles around a city in order to force air defence forces to waste it's missiles supplies

That is something DCS is really lacking at the moment. I've been messing around trying to find a way to make this happen. But the only examples of this I can find in game is within paid modules where the aircraft is guiding the missile. Haven't seen this done with AI yet, unfortunately.

image.png2S38 SPAAG 1.3.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.3.0

• Changed engine sound
  • Fixed avoidance to attack ground based targets with APFSDS
  • Fixed track dust and dirt positioning
  • Fixed tracks clipping through ground
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Waiting for the day ED realizes these should be in the base game... 

In the mean time, is it possible to separate your infantry from the sweedish pack? I really want to use these guys as transportable troops for our helicopter squadron, but cant get behind making everyone download 12gb for it. 

If not, it's cool. You have made some phenomenal assets for the community here and I can really appreciate that. 

image.pngIskander SSM 1.3.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.3.0

• Fixed 9M729 performance and terrain following issues
  • Changed Iskander-M and Iskander-K engine sound
  • Fixed Iskander-M and Iskander-K wheels dirt and dust positioning
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

image.pngPantsir SPAAGM 1.5.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.5.0

• Added APDS and APDS-T 30 mm ammunition
  • Changed engine sound
  • Fixed ECM burn through range
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wild_Weasel_31 said:

@currenthill, is there any possibility of making 3M14-T and Iskander-K cruise missiles more realistic by implementing a multiple-point route for them, as they have IRL? Current events prove their possibility even fly circles around a city in order to force air defence forces to waste it's missiles supplies

Second that. Recent war events have to do with this tactic. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Statua said:

Waiting for the day ED realizes these should be in the base game... 

In the mean time, is it possible to separate your infantry from the sweedish pack? I really want to use these guys as transportable troops for our helicopter squadron, but cant get behind making everyone download 12gb for it. 

If not, it's cool. You have made some phenomenal assets for the community here and I can really appreciate that. 

I'm going through all assets, including the Swedish pack and updating them to my current standard. During this process I will most likely split up the pack like my other assets. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1