Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

9 hours ago, currenthill said:

image.pngChallenger 3 MBT (UK) version 1.0.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.0

• Release version

Challenger 3 MBT promo.jpg

Thank you very much - this is awesome.  As of today, I've started donating more regularly - it ain't much but I hope every dollar (or Euro) counts.  If possible, at some point in the future, do you plan to retrofit the existing M1 Abrams and Merkava tanks (in DCS's Combined Arms) with the Trophy APS?  I'm also aware that the Leopard 2A7 comes with the Trophy system (although I understand that 3D models might be hard to find).  Also, there exists M2 Bradleys equipped with the Iron Fist active protection system - the Iron Fist system is also designed and built in Israel.  Here are some reference photos.  

Army Tests New Active Protection For Abrams, Bradley, AMPV & Stryker -  Breaking Defense

Merkava Mk 4 with APS Trophy | Merkava Mk 4 with APS Trophy | Flickr

Rafael TROPHY Active Protection System Successfully Tested On German Leopard  2A7 Tanks - MilitaryLeak

Thousands Of Army Bradleys Don't Have The Power To Use New Active  Protection Systems

RADAs-CHR-on-the-Bradley-Figthing-Vehicl

• Like 3

I did the same request for CH T-90. The answer was DCS vehicles core have limitations to bring active defenses in tanks.

I want to bring the attention on that regard and tell mod community they should work on what we actually have it.

Working on the Tunguska as a base for an active defense is the way to go. Using the Tunguska TR radar to detect incoming ATGM. Converting the Tunguska missiles in little explosive charge that hit incoming ATGM. The smoke grenades should be made increasing the smoke of the missiles and making them the size of a smoke grenade and changing speed and range so little like a smoke grenade do. Adding a cannon and more protection. 

in poor countries people work on the base what they have it and converting little things in better things to make it better by themselves. ED will not add new things to DCS core for that… they want put you only in a new aircraft module instead a combat vehicle, so resources are saved for that direction instead fancy tank active defenses. We should do it.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 7/28/2023 at 7:00 PM, spikef22 said:

Afaik no BUT if you are fluent in LUA you can add units to the script you'll just have to add it in notepad and fiddle with it 

I haven't look into the LUA, can you provide some examples? a short one of course

10 hours ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

Thank you very much - this is awesome.  As of today, I've started donating more regularly - it ain't much but I hope every dollar (or Euro) counts.  If possible, at some point in the future, do you plan to retrofit the existing M1 Abrams and Merkava tanks (in DCS's Combined Arms) with the Trophy APS?  I'm also aware that the Leopard 2A7 comes with the Trophy system (although I understand that 3D models might be hard to find).  Also, there exists M2 Bradleys equipped with the Iron Fist active protection system - the Iron Fist system is also designed and built in Israel.  Here are some reference photos.  

Thank you, much appreciated! Every single dollar counts since I use it in full towards new assets. There will definitely be more tanks and IFVs. 👍🏻

9 hours ago, dorianR666 said:

thats really cool

i didnt know APS can be made in DCS

Thank you! I've mentioned it before, but all these advanced systems are workarounds I make to emulate the real thing. If ED decides to implement built-in feature I will update accordingly. 

8 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

I did the same request for CH T-90. The answer was DCS vehicles core have limitations to bring active defenses in tanks.

I want to bring the attention on that regard and tell mod community they should work on what we actually have it.

Working on the Tunguska as a base for an active defense is the way to go. Using the Tunguska TR radar to detect incoming ATGM. Converting the Tunguska missiles in little explosive charge that hit incoming ATGM. The smoke grenades should be made increasing the smoke of the missiles and making them the size of a smoke grenade and changing speed and range so little like a smoke grenade do. Adding a cannon and more protection. 

in poor countries people work on the base what they have it and converting little things in better things to make it better by themselves. ED will not add new things to DCS core for that… they want put you only in a new aircraft module instead a combat vehicle, so resources are saved for that direction instead fancy tank active defenses. We should do it.

You may have misunderstood my answer. The current version of my T-90M has Arena-M APS implemented. Using the same type of solution as the Challenger 3. 

When I sought out to implement a working hard-kill active protection system for both naval and ground units I tried a plethora of solutions, ranging from small missiles of different kinds to projectile based weapons. I chose the current solution because it emulated the results the best. That doesn't mean it looks the most convincing, but rather produces the intended outcome, i.e. defeating incoming AGMs or ATGMs. 

It currently cannot detect and defeat incoming shells, because I can't make DCS detect them like I can with missile type weapons. 

When creating new assets I usually find a new and better way to emulate some weapon systems. As you know I always go back and update older assets to the same level. 

• Thanks 8

This would be a general question/advice !

I can see a lot of people asking for more naval assets. While those already provided by CH are definitely at next quality level, I'm just wondering how more of naval assets may improve the overall gameplay? 

The reasons asking this question is just to understand better naval appliances so that I could add them in the missions I'm trying to build. My personal take by now is that flying long flights over water hunting ships that  I cannot really see is a bit boring. Similar about their long range artillery attack... not really seeing the source :)... so any ship is having quite similar effect. Letting alone you cannot approach ships by helicopters at all.

Instead, the ground units are definitely more "up, close and personal". You can see them, you can feel  by driving them... For me, the sweedish soldiers are the best assets created by CH from gameplay perspective. They are efficient, can be transported by any means, create ambushes, etc. More such soldiers I would like to see on red side as well. Also, some logistic equipment (like bergenpanzers, recovery vehicles, etc) could create some more sense to the missions ...

This is not addressed to CH, but more to general audience in here !

Really looking forward for your advices! 

• Like 4

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

23 minutes ago, akitaken said:

Oshkosh M-ATV  ?  👍

Yep, in two versions, one with the 50 cal and one with the Mk 19 AGL. The Mk 19 is equipped with the M430A1 HEDP and will therefore penetrate armor at closer range. For example a BTR from behind. 

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Scotty Rotten said:

Amazing work as usual!

Thanks! It was a pretty quick project, started yesterday afternoon. It's faster when there aren't as many weapons present. 😅

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Thanks! It was a pretty quick project, started yesterday afternoon. It's faster when there aren't as many weapons present. 😅

I don't want to offend anybody
( maybe this is my own woe only but unfortunately I have HUGE problems/strong opinions with/about the present-day formulation/word usage :puke: of the world of media:  :censored:  )
, so in my eyes the PURE (DCS) Content Creators are the guys like: CurrentHill :worthy:

Nice Job :wub:

• Like 2

sign-pic4.jpg

2 hours ago, currenthill said:

Keep these "simple" projects coming :)) .... this way our beloved DCS might have some of the Arma series flavor 🤩

• Like 3

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

4 hours ago, GusMungus123 said:

Awesome looking vehicle! Will there be a desert camo or snow camo as well?

Sure, since it was such a quick project. 👍🏻

Skärmbild 2023-07-30 184925.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

hace 1 hora, currenthill dijo:

Claro, ya que fue un proyecto tan rápido.👍🏻

Captura de pantalla 2023-07-30 184925.jpg

This is fantastic, I'm waiting for that for my scenario in Syria.  Thank you.

Edit: Will that vehicle have a troop transport option?

Edited by Javier
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Javier said:

This is fantastic, I'm waiting for that for my scenario in Syria.  Thank you.

Edit: Will that vehicle have a troop transport option?

Yep!

• Like 6