Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Hello Currenthill, I love your work!
I would like to suggest an idea to you One of the things DCS lacks is urban combat.

I would love to see one day a modder create models of destructible civilian buildings resembling those that can be found in Syria, in Sinai, which could fire with various types of weapons: Snipers, ATGM, machine gun, RPG or Manpad, to simulate (for example) a building filled with troops at the windows. It would be ideal for simulating ambushes, creating urban defense lines, and would be even more discreet than placing an RPG on the top of a building.

ED of course has very old models of "house armed", but these are particularly ugly, not very varied, and do not correspond to the more recent models of the maps of Syria & Sinai, not to mention that it only includes weapons of small quality.

It would be great add if a modder brought this kind of building up to date!

• Like 1

Hi @currenthill,

I had some problems with two of your mods, first with Project 22350 as i tried to land a chopper on it and i fell though the deck every time....with 2 differents helicopters (KA50 III and UH60)

Screen_230903_115853.jpg

Second with SA350, when put in a mission, when looking in their direction or looking at the LN assets, my FPS are dropping from 60 to 20....don't know why...

By the way, wery impressive mods, all of them

• Like 1

@currenthill

Last night i had a look at the T14, i put 3 x T14 against 3 x Challenger 2 on a completely flat area of the PG map.

Was interesting that head on the T14 engaged and destroyed the C2 before the C2 even got a shot off. (run multiple times with the same result)

So i swapped out the Ch2 for your Challenger 3 and the result was reversed, the C3 engaged and destroyed the T14 before the T14 got a round off. (ran several times, even a single C3 would destroy the three T4 at a great range)

All this was head to head and closing at 25km/h, however i then ran the 3 Vs 3 again but with the six vehicles passing at an oblique angle, this time the T14 engaged and destroyed the C3 with only a single C3 getting a round off. Again i ran this several times and always with exactly the same result. Two C3 destroyed then as the third fires it also gets destroyed.

I only spent 30 mins on this so il have a more in-depth look tonight but might be worth having a look yourself.

• Like 1

AMD 3800x, Asrock 570X Taichi, 32GB Corsair Platinum, MSI 1080Ti, Corsair MP600 Gen 4 1TB NVMe. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB SSD, Custom Watercooling, AOC 32" 4K Screen.

The United States has changed plans for the modernization of the tank Abrams

The US Army announced the development of a new tank upgrade under the M1E3 Abrams index instead of partial improvements under the System Enhancement Package 4 (SEP v4) program.

The new version of the E3 tank should radically change the ability of the combat vehicle to conduct anti-tank combat and be relevant until 2050.

The development of a new modernization plan aims to reduce the mass of individual components in order to increase armor, improve driving performance and firepower.

The initial operational capability of the M1E3 is expected in the early 2030s and should replace the M1A2 variations in the military.

photo_2023-09-07_17-31-44.jpg

photo_2023-09-07_17-31-33.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/5/2023 at 3:12 AM, bennyboy9800 said:

This is a neat addition. Are you interested in creating any of the more common Russian Army units like TOS-1A, BMD-2, BMD-4, armed Tigr, etc.? 

That might very well be in the plans. 😅

On 9/5/2023 at 12:08 PM, josh-109 said:

Hello Hill any chance you could do some Australian military AI plz

I might do, thanks for the suggestion. 👍🏻

On 9/5/2023 at 9:13 PM, Joey_Destroyah said:

Cool, thanks for the info. 

On 9/6/2023 at 4:54 PM, Kappa-131st said:

Hello Currenthill, I love your work!
I would like to suggest an idea to you One of the things DCS lacks is urban combat.

I would love to see one day a modder create models of destructible civilian buildings resembling those that can be found in Syria, in Sinai, which could fire with various types of weapons: Snipers, ATGM, machine gun, RPG or Manpad, to simulate (for example) a building filled with troops at the windows. It would be ideal for simulating ambushes, creating urban defense lines, and would be even more discreet than placing an RPG on the top of a building.

ED of course has very old models of "house armed", but these are particularly ugly, not very varied, and do not correspond to the more recent models of the maps of Syria & Sinai, not to mention that it only includes weapons of small quality.

It would be great add if a modder brought this kind of building up to date!

Wasn't Eightball making some sort of buildings like this?

12 hours ago, flag02004 said:

Hi @currenthill,

I had some problems with two of your mods, first with Project 22350 as i tried to land a chopper on it and i fell though the deck every time....with 2 differents helicopters (KA50 III and UH60)

Screen_230903_115853.jpg

Second with SA350, when put in a mission, when looking in their direction or looking at the LN assets, my FPS are dropping from 60 to 20....don't know why...

By the way, wery impressive mods, all of them

Strange, I'll take a look. 👍🏻

4 hours ago, pegasus1 said:

@currenthill

Last night i had a look at the T14, i put 3 x T14 against 3 x Challenger 2 on a completely flat area of the PG map.

Was interesting that head on the T14 engaged and destroyed the C2 before the C2 even got a shot off. (run multiple times with the same result)

So i swapped out the Ch2 for your Challenger 3 and the result was reversed, the C3 engaged and destroyed the T14 before the T14 got a round off. (ran several times, even a single C3 would destroy the three T4 at a great range)

All this was head to head and closing at 25km/h, however i then ran the 3 Vs 3 again but with the six vehicles passing at an oblique angle, this time the T14 engaged and destroyed the C3 with only a single C3 getting a round off. Again i ran this several times and always with exactly the same result. Two C3 destroyed then as the third fires it also gets destroyed.

I only spent 30 mins on this so il have a more in-depth look tonight but might be worth having a look yourself.

Well, I've configured the units with the specs publicly available. The rest is up to DCS AI. 👌🏻

And these configurations might give you different results depending on the type of testing you do. It's things like spotting the target, targeting the target, reloading, max shooting speed, turret traverse and elevation rate, different ammunitions etc.

1 hour ago, RaptorFighter said:

The United States has changed plans for the modernization of the tank Abrams

The US Army announced the development of a new tank upgrade under the M1E3 Abrams index instead of partial improvements under the System Enhancement Package 4 (SEP v4) program.

The new version of the E3 tank should radically change the ability of the combat vehicle to conduct anti-tank combat and be relevant until 2050.

The development of a new modernization plan aims to reduce the mass of individual components in order to increase armor, improve driving performance and firepower.

The initial operational capability of the M1E3 is expected in the early 2030s and should replace the M1A2 variations in the military.

photo_2023-09-07_17-31-44.jpg

photo_2023-09-07_17-31-33.jpg

Thanks for the info! 👌🏻

• Like 3

12 hours ago, flag02004 said:

Hi @currenthill,

I tested a couple of helicopters like the AI Ka-50 III and the Ka-27. Had them land and take-off from the back of the Gorshkov. No issues. Any particular situation I should test? Send me a miz. 👍🏻

• Like 3

HI @currenthil,

May be I was not clear, i said "I" was trying to land on that ship, not the AI.

So I try to send an AI KA-27 to land fisrt on the project 20831 then on the project 22350...I follow him with my own UH60 to do the same....Screen_230907_224610.jpg

Screen_230907_224642.jpg

As you can see, the AI is landing in the center...for this example the wind is coming from ahead. then me...as you can imagine landing a chopper on a moving ship is not easy as it may seem. so I was not perfect and land ahead and on the right side of the landing zone....no "contact" problem.

Screen_230907_232800.jpg

than the project 22350, first AI...the wind is coming trom the right...the AI is landing on the left side of the landing pad...but no "contact" problem...Screen_230907_234254.jpg

Screen_230907_234411.jpg

But as soon as his trying to start is engine he slipped from the deck and reappeared on the water....thanks to the emergency buoyancy, is floating on the water...

Screen_230907_234553.jpg

Screen_230907_234848.jpg

then me...I touched on the right side of the landing zone, I think my right gear was on the outer circle and I banked on the right and fell though the deck

Screen_230907_235318.jpg

Screen_230907_235403.jpg

I think that the "landing zone" of the Frigate is too small...but it's just my thinking.

Edited by flag02004
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, flag02004 said:

HI @currenthil,

May be I was not clear, i said "I" was trying to land on that ship, not the AI.

So I try to send an AI KA-27 to land fisrt on the project 20831 then on the project 22350...I follow him with my own UH60 to do the same....Screen_230907_224610.jpg

Screen_230907_224642.jpg

As you can see, the AI is landing in the center...for this example the wind is coming from ahead. then me...as you can imagine landing a chopper on a moving ship is not easy as it may seem. so I was not perfect and land ahead and on the right side of the landing zone....no "contact" problem.

Screen_230907_232800.jpg

than the project 22350, first AI...the wind is coming trom the right...the AI is landing on the left side of the landing pad...but no "contact" problem...Screen_230907_234254.jpg

Screen_230907_234411.jpg

But as soon as his trying to start is engine he slipped from the deck and reappeared on the water....thanks to the emergency buoyancy, is floating on the water...

Screen_230907_234553.jpg

Screen_230907_234848.jpg

then me...I touched on the right side of the landing zone, I think my right gear was on the outer circle and I banked on the right and fell though the deck

Screen_230907_235318.jpg

Screen_230907_235403.jpg

I think that the "landing zone" of the Frigate is too small...but it's just my thinking.

Thanks for your testing, I think I know what the issue is. 👍🏻

• Like 3

12 hours ago, robert.grove said:

Currenthill, any chance you could make a mid 2000s USMC infantry pack? after seeing your sweden pack the regular stuff just doesn't quite compare 

I guess more opfor personnel is needed as well. The present one doesn’t quite cut it.

• Like 2

Don't worry, I crash better than anyone I know!

— Gene Ryack, 'Air America'

image.pngTB2 UCAV (Turkey) version 1.0.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.0

• Release version

TB-2 promo.jpg

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6

21 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

Hi people, how is HQ-22 in combat? Can't play but wonder to know!

And TB2 looks very dangerous! Great!

The HQ22 is very difficult to beat. Missiles are fast too. Going to need lots of decoys to get near it 👍

Edited by antiload
  • Like 1