Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

53 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

This is nothing, just all the missiles are flying past the target, but imagine what will happen after the release of DCS 3.0? Will all mods have to be rewritten again? But it is not known when this will happen, I think no earlier than 2025. Modders, save the sources!😃

I see what you mean, but I think we shouldn't overstate the mod issues. I only had to fix two of my 100+ assets after the 2.9 update. And one of them was an oversight on my part, the missile scaling. The main issues with the 2.9 update affects core game as well as the mods, pretty much to the same extent. 

Well made (code and models) mods should pretty much only be affected to the same extent as the DCS core assets. 👍🏻

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I see what you mean, but I think we shouldn't overstate the mod issues. I only had to fix two of my 100+ assets after the 2.9 update. And one of them was an oversight on my part, the missile scaling. The main issues with the 2.9 update affects core game as well as the mods, pretty much to the same extent. 

Well made (code and models) mods should pretty much only be affected to the same extent as the DCS core assets. 👍🏻

Hi Currenthill,

Perhaps an oversight on the Marder 1a5 IFV, the Desert version does not appear in the editor ... thank you for enriching DCS with your creations and good evening  👍

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mjsegaline said:

Hey there. Open beta. The Iran strike drone truck isn't attacking anything. Just letting you know. 

Hey! I just tried it and had no issues. 👍🏻

• Like 2

I have a question for you CurrentHill.  When you make a mod, do you make use of the DCS "Service Date" feature?  (I am no sure what to call it)  You know, the timestamp feature of the mission editor that filters out vehicles and/or objects by introduction to service date.

Question two, if I was willing to purchase the 3d model of the Flight 1 and FLIGHT 2  Arleigh Burkes, would you be up for completing them to add to your inventory? 

-Woog 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, currenthill said:

Hi CurrentHill, I have no doubts that your mods are working well on your computer, but for some people like me, that's not the case. Maybe because i use a lot of different mods...some of yours and some of Admiral189 or hawkeye60 and much more...maybe too much...for that reason all my missions are corrupted.

For example, i tried to create a simple mission with the Mi24, taking off from a pad with some tanks and armored vehicule to protect it, a small navigation with some infantrys and humvees  as targets...two fleets with modded ships and standard ships. Result.....no ships in game, only one anti aircraft vehicule in the group whose was protecting the pad (1 of 7) and only 2 infantry (JTAC and JTAC commander) in the enemy group (1 of 10)....

That's strange, because i though only modded assets would be affected by the update, but no, DCS assets are affected also....or maybe affected by modded assets.

Seems that your mod "PGL-625" was the cause of all my troubles

Edited by flag02004
PGL-625 update

Hey CurrentHill, I was wondering on if you had considered the capability of the 3S14 VLS launcher present on modern ships of the Russian fleet to fire S-400 missiles? Particularly the 48N series of the missiles, as I know that you already have excellent renditions of the S-350 Redut in the game equipped on your ships. Also, speaking of missing 3S14, the Tsirkon hypersonic level-flight missile is certainly something to add, as it went into service with the Russian navy this year. It is not as fast as a YJ-21 because of its low flight altitude, but it is still a mach-5 missile at sea level and can be guided by a spotter who can see the enemy. If there was a place to add it, the modernized destroyer (not a frigate, nobody thinks that 7.900 tons is a frigate) Marshal Shaposhnikov has been updated to carry the UKSK VLS cells capable of carrying all modern Russian naval weapons, including the Zircon. I don't know if it currently is deployed with such missiles, but the VLS is the same as the Admiral Gorshkov and Kasatonov, who are. 

0a871460097eba2e57beeac57ded0468.jpg

Edited by Blyatnik
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Ironghost said:

Then it could be some other mod that conflicts with this one

Yep, most likely. 

14 hours ago, Hawkmoon said:

hi CH, i've noticed that RWR radar codes works only for ED modules, not Third party, there is any workaround?

Hm, I didn't know this. I would have to look into it to answer.

11 hours ago, Woogey said:

I have a question for you CurrentHill.  When you make a mod, do you make use of the DCS "Service Date" feature?  (I am no sure what to call it)  You know, the timestamp feature of the mission editor that filters out vehicles and/or objects by introduction to service date.

Question two, if I was willing to purchase the 3d model of the Flight 1 and FLIGHT 2  Arleigh Burkes, would you be up for completing them to add to your inventory? 

-Woog 

Nope, I haven't focused on that parameter, let me see what I can do. 

My priority right now is to get/make a realistic Flight III model and replace the core game one I'm using right now. 

6 hours ago, flag02004 said:

Hi CurrentHill, I have no doubts that your mods are working well on your computer, but for some people like me, that's not the case. Maybe because i use a lot of different mods...some of yours and some of Admiral189 or hawkeye60 and much more...maybe too much...for that reason all my missions are corrupted.

For example, i tried to create a simple mission with the Mi24, taking off from a pad with some tanks and armored vehicule to protect it, a small navigation with some infantrys and humvees  as targets...two fleets with modded ships and standard ships. Result.....no ships in game, only one anti aircraft vehicule in the group whose was protecting the pad (1 of 7) and only 2 infantry (JTAC and JTAC commander) in the enemy group (1 of 10)....

That's strange, because i though only modded assets would be affected by the update, but no, DCS assets are affected also....or maybe affected by modded assets.

Seems that your mod "PGL-625" was the cause of all my troubles

The reason I tell everyone that all my assets work while installed at the same time is not for bragging, but to help DCS users find solid ground when battling mod issues. If I can run all my assets without DCS crashing then we know these are not your issue.

I have seen examples where my code is used in other mods and not made unique, these will then conflict and cause DCS to crash or behave strangely. 

I'm happy to hear that the PGL-625 update fixed your issues. Unfortunately that's the name of the game with mods, since I don't get any information on DCS changes before it's released, I can't update my assets in advance like the 3rd parties.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mjsegaline said:

Hey there. Open beta. The Iran strike drone truck isn't attacking anything. Just letting you know. 

You have to place it roughly in the direction of attack, i.e. backside to the enemy.

• Like 1

Don't worry, I crash better than anyone I know!

— Gene Ryack, 'Air America'

18 hours ago, Hawkmoon said:

hi CH, i've noticed that RWR radar codes works only for ED modules, not Third party, there is any workaround?

See this https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313521/

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

1 hour ago, Abburo said:

@Hawkmoon @clanitho 

The attached file is a aggregation of all RWR codes from CH, NightStorm and of course DCS original values. They need to go into "DCS installation\Scripts".

Scripts.zip 11.83 kB · 2 downloads

I followed what ch instruction are and they work as they should on all ED modules (18-16), but with the Harrier and other third party i still get "UK"

Hi Currenthill amazing work all round! 

Upon testing new mission editor features with 2.9 I noticed something with US infantry 1.4.0 - I made a simple tasking where a team of 4 (infantry M4) embark to transport.

In the first case it was a stryker IFV and the infantry froze and did not embark once the first soldier touched the vehicle. 

I tried changing different ground vehicle types and then since its a new beta feature i reverted to stock US soldier M4 to see if its a general bug. With stock assets the embark and disembark from ground transport features works fine. 

I then tried to see is CH infantry M4 could embark and disembark from a UH-60A just to check if the traditional helicopter transport works. Upon the first soldier touching the blackhawk the helicopter bounced into the air, went inverted and exploded when it hit the ground. 

I haven't spent a lot of time testing and might still test a little more but just a heads up! Also maybe I missed the fact that you don't have transportable listed as a feature for these troops is a reason. 

Keep up the good work! These mods are the best I've ever seen!

Regards GL

On 10/16/2023 at 10:04 AM, clanitho said:

Hello CH, is it possible to have this sam ( used by Irak during Iran/Irak War) ?

https://www.bb-mapping-designs.de/community/include.php?path=download&contentid=436

image.png

Hello CH, sorry to bother you again, but are you planning to make this SAM?

Thanks for all your mods.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

3 hours ago, clanitho said:

Hello CH, sorry to bother you again, but are you planning to make this SAM?

Thanks for all your mods.

There is a Roland already in-game. Also, give him some time. You don't need to ask weekly, once is enough.

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

7 hours ago, Green Leader said:

Hi Currenthill amazing work all round! 

Upon testing new mission editor features with 2.9 I noticed something with US infantry 1.4.0 - I made a simple tasking where a team of 4 (infantry M4) embark to transport.

In the first case it was a stryker IFV and the infantry froze and did not embark once the first soldier touched the vehicle. 

I tried changing different ground vehicle types and then since its a new beta feature i reverted to stock US soldier M4 to see if its a general bug. With stock assets the embark and disembark from ground transport features works fine. 

I then tried to see is CH infantry M4 could embark and disembark from a UH-60A just to check if the traditional helicopter transport works. Upon the first soldier touching the blackhawk the helicopter bounced into the air, went inverted and exploded when it hit the ground. 

I haven't spent a lot of time testing and might still test a little more but just a heads up! Also maybe I missed the fact that you don't have transportable listed as a feature for these troops is a reason. 

Keep up the good work! These mods are the best I've ever seen!

Regards GL

Hm, I did a lot of testing with ED vehicle + ED soldier, ED vehicle + CH soldier, CH vehicle + ED soldier and CH vehicle + CH soldier. The whole transport thing seem very erratic at the moment. I didn't get satisfactory results even while using ED/ED units. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 🤔

Before I make any change I think I will need to await the next DCS patch. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, currenthill said:

Before I make any change I think I will need to await the next DCS patch. 

I may be wrong, but it looks like that's the way it is all the way since 2.56.

Don't worry, I crash better than anyone I know!

— Gene Ryack, 'Air America'

16 minutes ago, Freddie said:

I may be wrong, but it looks like that's the way it is all the way since 2.56.

Not quite, I have test missions I run for these kind of scenarios, so that I can test the same setup with different DCS versions. And a certain test mission ran fine with 2.8 and won't load troopers with 2.9. ED has made some code changes that I will have to implement on the transported units, but I suspect that the transport units also needs fixing. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

completely agree, Iran is actively implementing its developments, which look quite interesting!

I agree… the fact is the only real action of the AA Iranian systems is the shot down of a drone. How you will be able of simulate the missiles flight model. The same with Chinese systems. They copied Russians and Western systems so the only solution for simulation is share in certain different rate the flight model on Iranian and Chinese systems. At the end of the day is what they did IRL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]