Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Hi CH, I ask a stupid question and I hope I don't bother you, but I saw that the smoke of the SA-N-6 Grumble missile is perhaps the best made on DCS at the moment, I ask you, would it be possible to use it with all other types of missiles launched by all ships in the game? Or is it too complicated to do? Happy Sunday. 😌

Screen_231202_234150.jpg

Screen_231202_235336.jpg

Screen_231202_235431.jpg

37 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Hello currenthill! Unfortunately the solution with the World ID is just a flop. I have no idea where you got this tip from. Black Shark 2 users who do not have the update may not see your mod as it will not load with this ID. Users who have the update to the Black Shark 3 have the right to continue using the Black Shark 2. However, when using the Black Shark 2 and using your mod, these are in the model of your real KA-52. If the ID entry is also made in the K version, the real one is loaded. There is not a single clue from you about this fact. I'm excited to see what ED has promised to offer with the next update to the solution with the helicopters.

In all honesty, I'm getting a bit tired of your commentary. You are free to use my assets, as everybody else. You are also free to not use my assets, actually I would recommend you to stay away from them if they make you sad. 

My Ka-52 is per default not conflicting with any core units. But as I described in my post and the included readme, I've included an easter egg for the tech savvy who wants to experience the added animations, as an interim solution. I also clearly state that it will replace the Ka-50 BS (and not the BS3). This feature isn't available for the 52K either, so if you're tinkering with my configurations on your own, that's up to you. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hi Currenthill!
Are you planning to do some French units (like Caesar) ?
I don't think the french pack will evolve, the last update was almost 2 years ago, and I no longer expect to see it evolve.
I fear that it will end up becoming obsolete due to lack of maintenance, and moreover, the addition of a few units like the Mamba, the Caesar or the griffons, would be interesting

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Urbi said:

currenthill! I pointed out the flop with the world ID. What emergency solution is it if this application only gives a nicer look that can be seen for tenths of a second? You could have stuck with the first solution. It's not your fault for this situation. Well, the mistake with the pilot's sight glass is a mistake, but you did it right. In the pictures I posted, the pilot on the right is modeled correctly from the picture side, you can see that in the viewer and also in the simulator. "I'm getting tired of your comment." great comment but thank you.

Well, I'm not going to dwell on the subject. But it's important for anyone else reading this to get correct facts: My Ka-52 is per default not conflicting with any core units, it takes active tinkering with the configuration files to use the second version. Someone just downloading and installing the asset will never need to know about the second version, I can't really explain it any clearer than that. 

The reason I included the second version is the same as the reasoning behind all of my assets. I make them for myself, for my own amusement. And then I release them for anyone else to use them, if they're interested.

Finally, let me give you an example why I included the second version: the difference between the trainable and non-trainable Ka-52 2A42 cannon is about 3 km.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Chap2012 said:

@Urbi Je vais demander respectueusement. Qu'avez-vous contribué à la communauté du modding? Veuillez fournir des liens. Je vous vois attaquer des gens partout, que ce soit de manière professionnelle ou impolie, peu importe. Il ne devrait pas avoir de place ici, quand vous ne faites pas le travail. Je le vois aussi dans les fichiers utilisateurs. S'il y avait des modérateurs sur ces pages, j'espère que vous seriez parti depuis longtemps. 

Désolé @currenthill J'en ai marre de voir ce gars impoli envers une communauté géniale. 

Capture d'écran_20231203_220729_Samsung Internet.jpg

👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chap2012 said:

@Urbi I'm going to respectfully ask. What have you contributed to the modding community? Please provide links. I see you attacking people all over the place, whether it be In a professional or a straight rude manner, it doesn't matter. It shouldn't have a place here, when you are not doing the work. I see it all over the user files too. If there were moderators on these pages, I would hope you would be long gone. 

Sorry @currenthill I'm just sick of seeing this guy being rude to an awesome community. 

Screenshot_20231203_220729_Samsung Internet.jpg

To be honest he's a very good texture artist, and has produced some very good realistic textures for the VSN F4 B/C, as well as some for Hawkeye's old Ka-52 alligator addon.

That being said, he's incredibly rude, and has a very condescending manner when having dialogue with other modders especially novice creators, this leads me to believe English isn't his native language, constructive criticism is always welcome, rudeness and arrogance has no place in the forums

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

In my opinion, I'm willing to give Urbi the benefit of the doubt.   Urbi's profile says he/she's based in Germany, and from my experience with former classmates and colleagues who are German, they have had a no-nonsense way of doing things, meaning they don't sugarcoat, telling things as-is.  Whether that's socially acceptable in other countries or translates well to how we go about things speaking English is another conversation for some other time.  

And yes, I have seen some of his livery and texture jobs - he's done brilliantly and we shouldn't so easily overlook his inputs to the DCS modding scene.  

All that said, however, I think you guys should talk to a forum moderator if you feel this is a problem.  As for me, I'm here to enjoy DCS World mods from Currenthill (and I'll shoutout Admiral189 for his new Type 23 frigates - go check it out).  Have a good one and I hope you guys can smooth things over. 

• Like 2

shots fired!

LOL

I got to know Mr Urbi from my association with the VSN team.

@Oban is correct in that he comes off as rude.

But I do not think he means any harm or offense,

He wants the mods to be as perfect as possible,

within the constrains we are give in the sim.

He does do Very good texture work!

I do not take offense.

Life is too short for that.

He means well.

But his bedside manner would make me want to die rather that be treated by him!🤣

@Urbi No offense meant!

I do not even block his messages.

I try to pick his brain to learn.

We all have some talent to share.

so take no offense,

He is who he is.

He called me stubborn!

The pot calling the kettle black!😅

That is all.

Now back to the Currenthill masterworks!

Lets not foul up his thread.

Cheers!

• Like 7

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

18 часов назад, Ironghost сказал:

Hi CH, I ask a stupid question and I hope I don't bother you, but I saw that the smoke of the SA-N-6 Grumble missile is perhaps the best made on DCS at the moment, I ask you, would it be possible to use it with all other types of missiles launched by all ships in the game? Or is it too complicated to do? Happy Sunday. 😌

Screen_231202_234150.jpg

Screen_231202_235336.jpg

Screen_231202_235431.jpg

Any smoke for any rocket is possible.

Hey CH, i watched the Grim reapers video showing off your Ka-52, and in it you mentioned some things about the Ka-52M

including that it has a new Radar which it uses with the LMUR missile.

and while it is true it has a new radar, it is not what it uses to fire the LMUR missile.

i just wanted to point out it uses a Datalink pod to fire LMUR missiles.

here are some pics of it. 

Ka-52M-Datalinkpod.jpg

Ka-52M-Datalinkpod2.jpg

Ka-52M-Datalinkpodclose.jpg

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, lodewijk12 said:

oh if you ever think about doing the Mi-28N and its newer Mi-28NM variant, which can also use the LMUR missile.

it has the 2 way datalink antenna integrated into its revised nose cone.

pic of the differences between the 28N and 28NM

Mi-28NvsMi-28NM.jpg

the Mi-28 is already in DCS

45 minutes ago, VFA41_Lion said:

and it's not that great compared to what CH can make, it's a very basic model, I think the Mi28 N variants would be welcome

There's also M1A1's and T90's in the game, but CH made his versions better. CH takes addons for DCS to a whole new level

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Good Day Current Hill,

I have not installed your version of the Ticonderoga yet, but I have a question about it.  Did you increase the texture resolution of that model by chance?  The base model is accurate in in shape but the default DCS textures of that model always left a bit to be desired.  If you did not do anything with the textures, could you please upgrade those for your model?  It would also be a nice bullet point to add on your website for that model. 

As a side note (Probably not possible):  It would be cool to add the experimental Blue Bottom of the USS Port Royal

Thank You for your consideration, -Preston

On 12/3/2023 at 12:49 PM, Loner said:

Hi, the problem is not related to your mods.

After the update, one of the installed mods caused this issue (and since I downloaded K-52 & TB-2 immediately after the update, I thought it was related to them, because removing them magically solves the issue). Since there are dozens of mods, I don't wanted to spend time to determine which one is no longer working after last update.

And now it has another issue, not all your mods were of the latest version and with each new version you have to download the same mod again and again. It takes much time.

I can make an open source program specifically for your mods, like ОvGME, which will work with the Git system.

A small program that starts in the tray and checks whether there are changes in the git repository, if there are, displays notifications about it and the player downloads only changes, not a new 1GB archive.

Yep, I agree on the distribution/update issue. It's very inefficient at the moment. And I understand the hassle of keeping up with all my updates. But I really don't have much of a choice at the moment. The best solution for users would of course be to have them incorporated into core DCS. But since that's not possible at the moment, I've been thinking about different solutions. I've been offered solutions like the one you suggest. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I need to make some changes, that's for sure.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:07 PM, Loner said:

@currenthill can you make a guide on how you make mods step by step? Where do you get code samples, how do you make 3D models, etc.?

I have described my process in my FAQ: https://www.currenthill.com/faq

On 12/3/2023 at 1:29 PM, Ironghost said:

Screen_231202_234150.jpg

Screen_231202_235336.jpg

Screen_231202_235431.jpg

Yep, that looks much better. I will look into it. 

2 hours ago, lodewijk12 said:

Hey CH, i watched the Grim reapers video showing off your Ka-52, and in it you mentioned some things about the Ka-52M

including that it has a new Radar which it uses with the LMUR missile.

and while it is true it has a new radar, it is not what it uses to fire the LMUR missile.

i just wanted to point out it uses a Datalink pod to fire LMUR missiles.

here are some pics of it. 

Ka-52M-Datalinkpod.jpg

Ka-52M-Datalinkpod2.jpg

Ka-52M-Datalinkpodclose.jpg

Correct, and I actually knew that. But sometimes in the videos, where everything is happening in real time, I forget. 😅

2 hours ago, VFA41_Lion said:

Yeah, but it's not very good looking, haha. I would be interested in making a newer Mi-28 version, but it won't happen until we have support for trainable cannons. Which is especially important for the Mi-28, where it's more or less the center piece. 

1 hour ago, Woogey said:

Good Day Current Hill,

I have not installed your version of the Ticonderoga yet, but I have a question about it.  Did you increase the texture resolution of that model by chance?  The base model is accurate in in shape but the default DCS textures of that model always left a bit to be desired.  If you did not do anything with the textures, could you please upgrade those for your model?  It would also be a nice bullet point to add on your website for that model. 

As a side note (Probably not possible):  It would be cool to add the experimental Blue Bottom of the USS Port Royal

Thank You for your consideration, -Preston

I haven't done anything to the mesh or textures for my updated Burke and Tico. My plan has been to replace the models to make them more accurate, like removal of the forward Phalanx etc. 

54 minutes ago, Woogey said:

@ivan-ivanov-1902 As you can see, the US missiles should have a lot more smoke. 

-Preston

Ticonderoga_Cruiser_CG_USN_United_States_navy_top.webp

I agree. 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, currenthill said:

Yep, I agree on the distribution/update issue. It's very inefficient at the moment. And I understand the hassle of keeping up with all my updates. But I really don't have much of a choice at the moment. The best solution for users would of course be to have them incorporated into core DCS. But since that's not possible at the moment, I've been thinking about different solutions. I've been offered solutions like the one you suggest. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I need to make some changes, that's for sure.

I delved a little into this question, not everything is as simple as it seemed. A bunch of restrictions in the free version of github, like a file size limit of 2 GB, not that it's small, but at some point it can become a problem. The max size of the 100 GB repository will eventually become a bottleneck…

OvGME uses C++, on the one hand, it is a great solution because it will work even on a calculator. On the other hand, you need to use the installer. If you write in C#, it is much easier, and you can make a portable program that will work without installation. But there are a lot of issues with support in this case, whether it will work on all Windows builds and so on…

There is also a question with git, whether to install it separately, or to use libraries for C# that will work with github without installing gitbash. There is also a separate topic on how to organize it structurally. Also, most likely, integration with git-lfs will be needed.

22 hours ago, currenthill said:

I have described my process in my FAQ: https://www.currenthill.com/faq

Yes, I read it all. I have the necessary knowledge to do it all. But I don't have enough understanding of how all this should work in DCS. For example, I made the Su-24MU mod long before your mod, bolted the cockpit from the Su-25T and just flew for fun... But I was never able to make the wing folding mechanism work. And I don't understand how to collect everything that is needed in one complete mod. That's why I've never uploaded the mods I made myself in general, because they're unfinished, and I have no idea how to finish them.

I would be very grateful if you would release a step-by-step instruction where it would be described that you open such and such a program, download some 3D model, made an animation, make an .edm file, set parameters and run it in the game as something new.

Yes, I understand that it will take a lot of time, but step by step it would be possible to make a small instruction for example of something simple such as L-ATV.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]