Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

2 hours ago, currenthill said:

I never set release dates. As soon as I'm done with all the features, I test and then release. But this time I won't be releasing until the next DCS update. I need the cruise missile fixes to be implemented, otherwise I can't test the missiles correctly. 

Thanks, CH! DCS World definitely needed a new Bear, the current one created by Eagle Dynamics is terrible! I'm really looking forward to the release! 

Thanks again for bringing so much life to DCS World, you sure have a gift!

Timex 3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, currenthill said:

I never set release dates. As soon as I'm done with all the features, I test and then release. But this time I won't be releasing until the next DCS update. I need the cruise missile fixes to be implemented, otherwise I can't test the missiles correctly. 

Thanks and I'm staying in 2.8 until the cruise missile issue gets fixed.

• Like 2

It would be nice to see some Polish additions in the game as Polish armed forces are going through really big modernization lately including foregin bought or locally produced vehicles like:

KTO Rosomak M1
image.png
KTO Rosomak M1M
image.png

BWP Borsuk
image.png
Mała Narew and Narew SAM based on CAMM and CAMM-ER missiles 
image.png

Supported by Soła Radar based on Waran MRAP
image.png
Poprad Short-Range Anti air system based on Piorun MANPADS
image.png

Leopard 2PL , K2 and K2PL/EX
image.png
image.png

image.png
AHS Krab and K9 SPGs
image.png
image.png
K239 Chunmoo MLRS based on a Polish Jelcz truck
image.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reichsmarschall said:

Seria bom ver algumas adições polonesas ao jogo, já que as forças armadas polonesas estão passando por uma grande modernização ultimamente, incluindo veículos comprados por estrangeiros ou produzidos localmente, como:

KTO Rosomak M1 KTO Rosomak M1M BWP Borsuk Mała Narew e Narew SAM baseados em mísseis CAMM e CAMM-ER  Suportado por Soła Radar baseado em Waran MRAP Sistema antiaéreo de curto alcance Poprad baseado em Piorun MANPADS Leopard 2PL, K2 e K2PL/EX AAPs AHS Krab e K9 K239 Chunmoo MLRS baseado em um caminhão polonês Jelcz
imagem.png

imagem.png

imagem.png

imagem.png

imagem.png

imagem.png

imagem.png
imagem.png

imagem.png

imagem.png
imagem.png

imagem.png

Yes, Interesting.

1 hour ago, iskander3449 said:

@currenthill Hello and many thank for your work, little question HIMARS  ATACM and GMLRS have around 4200 second (1hour) of reload time ? with your permission there is anything to do for reduce that time to 10 minute ?

Thanks, I'll look into it. 👍🏻

• Like 1

Good news!

With the latest DCS patch it looks like I have what I need to get the cruise missiles and antiship missiles fixed. I'm currently working on updates for the assets that needs it. 👍🏻

Also very good news: ED (through excellent support by @BIGNEWY) delivered on their announcement of removing the hardcoded issues preventing AI helicopters from using trainable cannons and retractable gear. I will be making updates to the Ka-52 shortly. 👍🏻

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

th?id=OIP.CvBEc5APcfBiMzqsMe5ULgAAAA%26p

Praise the Apache GODS!

Helo gear is fixed!

I expect great things from you now!

I mean Still!😄

• Like 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

1 minute ago, currenthill said:

Good news!

With the latest DCS patch it looks like I have what I need to get the cruise missiles and antiship missiles fixed. I'm currently working on updates for the assets that needs it. 👍🏻

Also very good news: ED (through excellent support by @BIGNEWY) delivered on their announcement of removing the hardcoded issues preventing AI helicopters from using trainable cannons and retractable gear. I will be making updates to the Ka-52 shortly. 👍🏻

Great news, thank you as always CH!

• Like 2

@currenthill This might not be super relevant anymore, but the MiG-29MU2 vers 1.2 (and maybe 1.3?) causes a CTD when trying to join an MP server on the latest 2.9 OB patch, possibly with something to do with this error message, as it preceded an access violation note every time: 
2023-12-19 16:38:31.750 ALERT APP (Main): Unhandled exception: Descriptor not found weapons.shells.AK630_30_AP

narrowed it down after spending the last 2-ish hours crashing DCS over and over 😧

edit: i'll add its not unique to the MiG-29, other users on the ED discord reported same thing caused by different mod aircraft like the A-4, SU-30, and community Gripen

Edited by VFA41_Lion

2 часа назад, currenthill сказал:

Хорошие новости!

С последним патчем DCS, похоже, у меня есть все необходимое для ремонта крылатых и противокорабельных ракет. В настоящее время я работаю над обновлениями для ресурсов, которые в этом нуждаются. 👍🏻

Также очень хорошие новости: ED (благодаря отличной поддержке со стороны @BIGNEWY) объявили об устранении жестко запрограммированных проблем, не позволяющих вертолетам с искусственным интеллектом использовать обучаемые пушки и убирающееся шасси. В ближайшее время буду делать обновления Ка-52.👍🏻

Finally,fix missile

So, lot's of people are blaming the problem you describe above on the free third-party mods that hundreds of us use on a regular basis.  While I understand it's not technically a "DCS issue", the problem really messes up playing the game. So, in turn it becomes a DCS issue. I wish someone (smarter than me) would put some effort in to fixing this type of stuff that happens on every other OB update. I mean there has to be something we can do as "Open Beta Testers" to troubleshoot these issues and support the DCS community prior to an update. Maybe better communications with the DCS dev team - IDK.

Edited by plott1964
  • Like 2

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
2 hours ago, currenthill said:

Good news!

It was a good opportunity to update the older code for the team, hope it will be useful for you. 

30 minutes ago, plott1964 said:

So, lot's of people are blaming the problem you describe above on the free third-party mods that hundreds of us use on a regular basis.  While I understand it's not technically a "DCS issue", the problem really messes up playing the game. So, in turn it becomes a DCS issue. I wish someone (smarter than me) would put some effort in to fixing this type of stuff that happens on every other OB update. I mean there has to be something we can do as "Open Beta Testers" to troubleshoot these issues and support the DCS community prior to an update. Maybe better communications with the DCS dev team - IDK.

I dont want to derail Currenthill's thread, but we can not test unofficial mods in our debug / dev builds, we have to keep our builds vanilla, also we have way to much to test already with the core of DCS, our modules and 3rd party's. 

It is a good idea to remove all unofficial mods when you update, and then add them back once you know your update is working. If you do still have a problem it maybe be up to the mod creator to make changes, or if it is an ED bug / issue for us to look at, then it is best to post the issue in a bug thread. 

thank you

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I dont want to derail Currenthill's thread, but we can not test unofficial mods in our debug / dev builds, we have to keep our builds vanilla, also we have way to much to test already with the core of DCS, our modules and 3rd party's. 

It is a good idea to remove all unofficial mods when you update, and then add them back once you know your update is working. If you do still have a problem it maybe be up to the mod creator to make changes, or if it is an ED bug / issue for us to look at, then it is best to post the issue in a bug thread. 

thank you

I guess one solution would be to share upcoming structural changes in DCS core with mod makers beforehand, but I guess that's one of the perks of being a third party developer. 

• Like 8