Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

8分钟前,currenthill说:

That is correct. It's the Type 056A Corvette.

That wil  be the best gifts of the chinese new year holiday!  thank you,  my friend  !

• Like 3

Hi CurrentHill

The Russian and Chinese infantry are really indispensable in view of the many material additions you're offering us, and I sincerely think it's futile to believe that ED will be delivering mods as visually advanced as those you're offering us in the near future... in short: Please get them out!  🙏😉  Thanks!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, akitaken said:

Hi CurrentHill

The Russian and Chinese infantry are really indispensable in view of the many material additions you're offering us, and I sincerely think it's futile to believe that ED will be delivering mods as visually advanced as those you're offering us in the near future... in short: Please get them out!  🙏😉  Thanks!

+1

• Like 2

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I'm afraid of how many teras the China pack will be 😜

• Like 3

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

19 minutes ago, clanitho said:

Currently it uses up a bit less than 5 GB ...

myself, my SSD is almost full but given the choice between having more DCS assets to use on my missions, and having to upgrade my 1 TB drive to 2 TB (around US$ 100), I prefer to upgrade my hardware. 

Edit: This is my current storage status:

gB5nNtT.jpg

the drive I'm concerned about is the unit C ... when the Kola Map cames out I will have to choose between upgrading the drive, or uninstalling the WW2 Maps while I immerse myself at Kola 😄

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

38 minutes ago, clanitho said:

You should be okay, it's around 7 GB unpacked at the moment, which probably becomes around 6 GB packed. 👍🏻

• Like 5

I think I can do it playing with 20GB left 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

23 minutes ago, fargo007 said:

Does anyone have a guide or recipe for extracting or separating out 1 or 2 specific mods out of a large pack (e.g. Russia) like these?

I'm integrating them more with every release, so it'll become even harder. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I'm integrating them more with every release, so it'll become even harder. 

I think that's the wrong direction. 

Dude, they are great mods but nobody wants to curate and distribute 75Gb of stuff among a squadron if only a few items from each are going to get used. 

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

30 minutes ago, fargo007 said:

I think that's the wrong direction. 

Dude, they are great mods but nobody wants to curate and distribute 75Gb of stuff among a squadron if only a few items from each are going to get used. 

A lot of us don't mind... 75, even 150 GB isn't a lot in my opinion. That's one game these days. Or videos that can go an external SSD. Manage the space you have or upgrade. Simple as that. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, fargo007 said:

nobody wants to curate and distribute 75Gb of stuff among a squadron if only a few items from each are going to get used. 

75? ... the Russia assets are only 11 GB 🙄

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Yep, the combined total of all my packs is currently 46 GB. 

🙂 ... and he wants to re-distribute your assets, when the only thing you ask for on your website is "Please DO NOT redistribute the mods without permission!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

🙂 ... and he wants to re-distribute your assets, when the only thing you ask for on your website is "Please DO NOT redistribute the mods without permission!"

Animated-picture-of-rolling-eyes1.gif

How do you think mods are handled in a squadron such that everyone has the exact same mods, and the exact same versions - by instructing each member to go find & download them individually?  

Keep in mind that these aren't the only mods that are going to get used. 46 Gb is hardly a compromise if only a few things from each pack are needed. 

Tying them up in giant packages and deliberately making it impossible to separate them is just a bad choice for good mods. 

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

1 minute ago, fargo007 said:

How do you think mods are handled in a squadron such that everyone has the exact same mods

I guess the squadron would ask the author a permission to re-distribute?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I guess the squadron would ask the author a permission to re-distribute?

Yeah, a squadron might just do that if they were packaged in a more consumable way.

@currenthill - if you define "redistribution" here as a squadron using your mods as part of squadron-specific mod packs, please say so and we will stop using them.

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

4 minutes ago, fargo007 said:

Yeah, a squadron might just do that if they were packaged in a more consumable way.

@currenthill - if you define "redistribution" here as a squadron using your mods as part of squadron-specific mod packs, please say so and we will stop using them.

Your suggestion about returning to single assets has been received. 

I feel like I'm repeating myself every other day, but okay, here it is:

• I don't allow redistribution of my assets, for example by hacking them up and re-packaging them for further distribution. 
  • I make my assets for own entertainment, and release them for others to enjoy. If you don't enjoy my assets, you don't have to use them. 
  • I release my assets in country packs, which are maintained and updated regularly. 
  • There are more frequently asked questions answered at my site: https://www.currenthill.com/faq
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

As I said before, the texture folder takes up 70% of the mod. Inside this folder are archives with textures for each unit, with clear names, and it’s easy to delete unused ones (on own risk!). By the way, another idea is to release the core single mod for all countries without textures and allow downloading only textures for units. Just idea for discussion.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, currenthill said:
  • I don't allow redistribution of my assets, for example by hacking them up and re-packaging them for further distribution. 
  • I make my assets for own entertainment, and release them for others to enjoy. If you don't enjoy my assets, you don't have to use them. 
  • I release my assets in country packs, which are maintained and updated regularly. 
  • There are more frequently asked questions answered at my site: https://www.currenthill.com/faq

CH you've been clear from the start, crazy how often this comes up. 

• Like 2