With DCS: F-15E, we need Iraq

CheckGear

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, pepin1234 said:

Exactly. Thats why we are discussing the need to bring a passed conflict map, to use the IRL war happened on this particular area, instead to feed an inexistan war. We don't need that for our world. it's about to bring fun to the public, not hate and death. 

about the freedom to purchase... yes buy the whole Garden of Gethsemane and try to change the world history with your money if you can... we don't need simulate war in a place never happened.

can you help with that or you wanna use your freedom excuse? 

Please dial it back a little, 

you have given your feedback and I am here listening. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Exactly. Thats why we are discussing the need to bring a passed conflict map, to use the IRL war happened on this particular area, instead to feed an inexistan war. We don't need that for our world. it's about to bring fun to the public, not hate and death. 
about the freedom to purchase... yes buy the whole Garden of Gethsemane and try to change the world history with your money if you can... we don't need simulate war in a place never happened.
can you help with that or you wanna use your freedom excuse? 
You don't speak for me, and neither do I for you. Why the aggression?
It's like you take this very personal!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

We need to find a compromise map we can use for as much scenarios as possible and thinking in the DCS limitations. The map proposed can serve for both wars and for the 90's and 2003 invasion as well.
I agree with this in a way.
What would be cool, if the non-detailed area of the map already covered the whole area, and as the graphic engine/technology advanced, we could purchase expansions.
The best of all worlds?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

3Th party freedom to choose their own map/aircraft to develop is a bad excuse. Only ignorant people can eat that…

what is the next free to choose 3th party module? SAAB Jas-39 with on road capabilities to be used on all maps or in Kola map?

What problem have on get a SAAB JAS-39A/C viggen of 1996/2002, a SAAB or Sweeden license to a module aproval? oh yeah... we have a EFA on progress o 2000 by a german team or a JF-17 from 2008 by Deka?... Kola has no restricted to Sweden, has Finland, Norway and Russia. you can fly any aircraft from cold war to actual on that map.

Remember 3rd parties has indepent enterprises with build own products on a flight simulator, not a affiliated company under ED control.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

What problem have on get a SAAB JAS-39A/C viggen of 1996/2002, a SAAB or Sweeden license to a module aproval? oh yeah... we have a EFA on progress o 2000 by a german team or a JF-17 from 2008 by Deka?... Kola has no restricted to Sweden, has Finland, Norway and Russia. you can fly any aircraft from cold war to actual on that map.
Remember 3rd parties has indepent enterprises with build own products on a flight simulator, not a affiliated company under ED control.
He also forget that Sweden is joining NATO, but he has clearly stated that fictional wars or a cold war gone hot is not his thing, unlike others of us.

Cheers!

I know (it is already said here) that ED consider Persial Gulf finished product. But it would be nice to do the same as Ugra Media did with the Normandy map, and offer a free low poly-texture update for those that bought the map with a 2 version, but a payware Persian Gulf 2 with those areas added. The Raven One first campaign mission over Basora was great! but was a shame to only have those inserted buildings in the mission only.

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It took me some wasted patience and confused searches to realize that there are no proper Iraq War; "desert storm" scanarios/missions/campaigns.
I still can not understand why this opportunity is not seized by anyone, and I'm baffled.
If I were boss, I'd ask some tough questions in my office. 
Like "are we missing a huge income possibility over here? Are we missing a huge customer segment?"
DCS without Iraq war/desert storm is like F1 without Monaco, Spa Francorchamps AND Monza.

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• ED Team
25 minutes ago, Moxica said:

It took me some wasted patience and confused searches to realize that there are no proper Iraq War; "desert storm" scanarios/missions/campaigns.
I still can not understand why this opportunity is not seized by anyone, and I'm baffled.
If I were boss, I'd ask some tough questions in my office. 
Like "are we missing a huge income possibility over here? Are we missing a huge customer segment?"
DCS without Iraq war/desert storm is like F1 without Monaco, Spa Francorchamps AND Monza.

Wishing for something and the reality of development can differ. We have many terrains in the region already, Persian Gulf, Syria, Sinai and I am sure we will see more in the future. But any development has to be done over time, and to the resources available. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The problem with Iraq is that not only is it rather large, air operations in that war covered an enormous area, much larger than any maps that we have. Same issue as with Vietnam, really, only in Iraq the area is not covered in trees, so perhaps a bit better. To cover the war, the map would have to cover not only Iraq, but go as far as southern parts of Saudi Arabia, down to King Fahed airbase. Consider that the entire PG map covers only some of the airbases USAF alone operated from, and neither the Gulf War nor the 2003 invasion (or the later fight against ISIS, for that matter) involved only US aircraft.

Look at the South Atlantic for the problems this would bring, then consider SA is mostly water, unlike Iraq. IMO, the spherical Earth map is the way to go. Then we'd have the entire world.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Iraq map is coming. First, Nick mentioned in the interview 'a map to complete the region', Reflected said he would definitely do a Desert Storm campaign if there was an Iraq map - I mean, why would you mention it in the 2024 campaigns update if it was just a pure wish? Let's see. 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta