WARNING !!! CAT 9.1

Cobra

I can confirm that ATI cannot code drivers for $hit. Disabling Cat AI will allow BS to run but no Crossfire. I have two 4870 X2 and the second one is idle.

Back to Cat 8.11

OK have any of you guys with crossfire/x2 setups considered trying the 8.12 hotfix driver?

I believe that set caters for those cards/configs, and is based on the '8.58' version, look here, got to be worth a shot :)

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=40671

ATI Catalyst™ Driver release 8.12 HOTFIX.

Catalyst 8.12 HOTFIX.

• Improves DirectX10 performance in various applications in multi-core CPU systems

• Resolves BSOD issues using dual ATI Radeon HD 4850 in CrossFireX configurations.

Edited by Mustang

OK have any of you guys with crossfire/x2 setups considered trying the 8.12 hotfix driver?

I believe that set caters for those cards/configs, and is based on the '8.58' version, look here, got to be worth a shot :)

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=40671

ATI Catalyst™ Driver release 8.12 HOTFIX.

Catalyst 8.12 HOTFIX.

• Improves DirectX10 performance in various applications in multi-core CPU systems

• Resolves BSOD issues using dual ATI Radeon HD 4850 in CrossFireX configurations.

I tried CAT 8.12 but after install and reboot got BSOD and had to reinstall my OS. I have Vista 64U. I don't think the hotfix did anything for 4870X2 users, but no I did not try it. I simply do not trust it and do not want to reload my OS again.

ATI/AMD better get the F***ing $hit together with their drivers or my next Video Card purchase will be Nvidia!

It's obivious that ATI could care less about Flight Sims (Unless its Microsoft crap), they only worry about FPS.

Edited by Evader

Yes do not set the Advanced AI to Advanced set it to Standard and all will be fine you dont have to disable it. Crossfire still works.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Well I cannot get BS to run on any ATI drivers newer than 8.10. I just get the display error lark from the launcher as per Viper's screenshot.

Installed 9.1 and the install failed and has fudged everything to do with CCC!

Thanks AMD for making my gaming experiences so fricken wonderful.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

always have to have the last word Jagr.... :)

actually vsync is broke and was looking for a fix.

I just use D3D Overrider to force Vsync on in vista, it's part of the rivatuner install package.

Asus P8P67-M Pro, i7 2600K@4.6Ghz, 4gb Vengence Ram, Gainward GTX 580 3gb Phantom, Win7 64 Ultimate, Warthog Control System.

Trackir 5 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals.

Guest billbass555

Hello, I'have the same probleme , BS crash at the start with the new Cat 9.1, i can play if i disable the Catalyst Ai on the catalyst control center...my config: Radeon HD 4870X2 ,P45 , E8600 ,4 go ,Vista 64

I have it running with Catalyst AI off, however i do get frequent crashes that take along the OS. 8.12 was way more stable in this regard.

Edit:

Just checked and it runs with Cat AI on as well, although i do not yet know how stable.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, for many ATI Cat versions going back a couple years, updating Catalyst has caused lots of grief, for some reason. I know other have problems to even though we follow the ddirection exactly. That's with completely removal of the ATI Radeon Cat software. I never did get a satisfactory answer from the graphics forums like:

ATI:

http://rage3d.com/

http://www.guru3d.com/

this is to let others know they are not alone.

I have no idea how I fixed my instal problems each time. I usually had to reboot several times and play a huge Kabooki dance..

:mad:

Once I get them installed all is fine.

:thumbup:

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I have been using 8.12

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I run Catalyst 9.2 on my 8xAGP HD3850 without ANY problems, with DCS BS, LockOn FC 1.12 or anything else for that matter.

On a side note, i have a 2nd PC on my network which has an X1950pro card, that also runs 9.2 Catalyst flawlessly.

(BTW both PC's are WinXP SP3)

• 2 weeks later...