For those not noticing any improvements

Go to solution Solved by L0ngbow,

Ok more testing I find Single Thread ST with forcesVR in DCS on Rotorheads server better than MT .I get Smooth game play with ST than MT see photo locked at 72Hz and 37fps with the odd stutter . MT is stuttering all the time . ???Screen_230324_154926.jpg

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I'm seeing a 20/30% increase chaps running MT open beta standalone on a Varjo Aero.

PC: i9 9900k@5ghz all cores, 4090 GPU, 64gb RAM, M.2 drive dedicated for DCS.

I used to use opencomposite but now use native OpenXR.

Ran a DCS repair to start with as below:

#################

Go into your \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World [openbeta]\bin folder.

There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here."

(Windows 10 creators update now uses Powershell, type cmd in Powershell, press enter and then continue)

Then, type the following exactly as printed:

.\DCS_updater.exe cleanup

this will delete all non official files

then do a DCS repair

.\DCS_updater.exe repair

#################

i set opencomposite app back to steamvr
Reinstalled OpenXR toolkit 1.3

Created shortcut on desktop to the bin-mt folder and amended the properties of the shortcut to:

"D:\Programs\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

no need to replace openvrdll

NVidia control panel changes: Manage 3d settings - Threaded optimisation = on, VSYNC to FAST

Run DCS in administrator mode (automatically higher process) and away i go.

Hope this helps.

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

Just changed over to OB from Stable standalone Ver. Did a Clean Install No Mods Using "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR I open the OpenXR Tools I open WMR I turn on my HP G2 When it is ready I Start the shortcut. In Vr Only inside the Headset when I move my Head the Screen looks like a Screwed up TV set Jerking and Jittering Screen tears. I don't know what to do. Any Help?

RX 6900XT PowerColor Red Devil 16g 

HP G2 VR Headset

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version    10.0.22621 Build 22621
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model    X570 GAMING X
System Type    x64-based PC

Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor, 3501 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product    X570 GAMING X
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    64.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    63.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    58.5 GB
Total Virtual Memory    67.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory    59.6 GB
Page File Space    4.00 GB

I'm a little disappointed so far. This TM system looks very promising but I have jerks when scrolling the terrain. These are tiny but very unpleasant. While in the "normal" version I have no jerks while keeping the same settings. Hyperthreading enabled. 6 core/ 12 logic proc (Proc i78086K 4.7 GHz 32 GB of RAM (3200) SSD M.2 and 1080ti.) So I use the non MT version hoping that all this will be optimized in a future update .

• Like 1

2D or VR?
If VR what headset?

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

14 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

Just changed over to OB from Stable standalone Ver. Did a Clean Install No Mods Using "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR I open the OpenXR Tools I open WMR I turn on my HP G2 When it is ready I Start the shortcut. In Vr Only inside the Headset when I move my Head the Screen looks like a Screwed up TV set Jerking and Jittering Screen tears. I don't know what to do. Any Help?

RX 6900XT PowerColor Red Devil 16g 

HP G2 VR Headset

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version    10.0.22621 Build 22621
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model    X570 GAMING X
System Type    x64-based PC

Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor, 3501 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product    X570 GAMING X
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    64.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    63.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    58.5 GB
Total Virtual Memory    67.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory    59.6 GB
Page File Space    4.00 GB

SO more Information For this CLEAN Install of DCS MT I removed Openxr toolkit Companion and I removed Open Composite I updated my Drivers as luck would have it with new drivers from AMD GPU and again Today with another one. So I am good. In my HP G2 Headset the Screens flash all the time UNTIL I open a Menu of Any Kind Even Hovering Over a Popup Menu Information window The FLASHING will STOP. The Second the Menu is closed or the menu popup window times out the flashing is back. The Only way to stop the Flashing is to reinstall OpenXR Toolkit Companion And Keep it NOT Disabled or it starts to flash again. Open Composite was reinstalled but set to Steam for DCS but Steam does not run (Stable standalone Ver. Remember) at DCS Startups. My "Quick CPU" Program Shows all my Cores and Threads are Unparked and in use. I am OUT of LUCK Finding a SET RULE to fallow on how you need to run Multithreading and what programs need to be running for HP G2 VR headset. I thought DCS had everything you needed to run VR other then WMR or your VR standard Program you have to have open to use the headset. Please Set me Straight on this Process to get a HP G2 working the correct way.

Edited by DishDoggie

hace 5 horas, DishDoggie dijo:

SO more Information For this CLEAN Install of DCS MT I removed Openxr toolkit Companion and I removed Open Composite I updated my Drivers as luck would have it with new drivers from AMD GPU and again Today with another one. So I am good. In my HP G2 Headset the Screens flash all the time UNTIL I open a Menu of Any Kind Even Hovering Over a Popup Menu Information window The FLASHING will STOP. The Second the Menu is closed or the menu popup window times out the flashing is back. The Only way to stop the Flashing is to reinstall OpenXR Toolkit Companion And Keep it NOT Disabled or it starts to flash again. Open Composite was reinstalled but set to Steam for DCS but Steam does not run (Stable standalone Ver. Remember) at DCS Startups. My "Quick CPU" Program Shows all my Cores and Threads are Unparked and in use. I am OUT of LUCK Finding a SET RULE to fallow on how you need to run Multithreading and what programs need to be running for HP G2 VR headset. I thought DCS had everything you needed to run VR other then WMR or your VR standard Program you have to have open to use the headset. Please Set me Straight on this Process to get a HP G2 working the correct way.

dont' know if this would help to you...

-in oxr toolkit for developers tools set like this :

image.png  a

also make sure your w11 optimizations are off for gpu scheduling blah blah , this off

in wmr options you know use best config etc

in OXRtools inside DCS, I set it to CAS and sharpen 80%, and turbo ON, and motion to default

all the other stuff to default (zooms , fps craps etc) try all to OFF

Inside DCS make sure turn off msaa (nor x4 nor x2, try off)

and in vr pixel density to 1.0 (this has a huge impact in fps)

Give a try to this, I have not enabled HT becuse in my rig generates more suthering and more heating.

Try to start DCS to clicking the dcs.exe inside the bin-mt folder WITHOUT starting WMR portal, it will open when dcs starts.

Readed somewhere a config for amd GPUs that involves some kind of adjust (inside the graphic radeon control center) that generates a lot of suthering, don't remember but it has some graphics scalation option involved)

Of course delete all metashader2 and fxo in the savegames folder.

Hope this helps.

For me , in my rig that is a little worse than yours works fine , almos without shutters and above 70fps except with apache, 

• Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

On 3/26/2023 at 5:14 PM, firefox121 said:

dont' know if this would help to you...

-in oxr toolkit for developers tools set like this :

image.png  a

also make sure your w11 optimizations are off for gpu scheduling blah blah , this off

in wmr options you know use best config etc

in OXRtools inside DCS, I set it to CAS and sharpen 80%, and turbo ON, and motion to default

all the other stuff to default (zooms , fps craps etc) try all to OFF

Inside DCS make sure turn off msaa (nor x4 nor x2, try off)

and in vr pixel density to 1.0 (this has a huge impact in fps)

Give a try to this, I have not enabled HT becuse in my rig generates more suthering and more heating.

Try to start DCS to clicking the dcs.exe inside the bin-mt folder WITHOUT starting WMR portal, it will open when dcs starts.

Readed somewhere a config for amd GPUs that involves some kind of adjust (inside the graphic radeon control center) that generates a lot of suthering, don't remember but it has some graphics scalation option involved)

Of course delete all metashader2 and fxo in the savegames folder.

Hope this helps.

For me , in my rig that is a little worse than yours works fine , almos without shutters and above 70fps except with apache, 

Thank You

Unclear How to Start OXRtools inside DCS?

If you open OpenXR Toolkit outside DCS you can see what hotkeys are used to open the toolkit and to go through the menu and settings.
Pressing the hotkeys that open the toolkit inside DCS will open the toolkit (maybe best to set hotkeys that are a not used inside DCS to avoid unwanted actions).

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Here are the facts using 13900K, RTX3090, and a Reverb G2. And then mission is Instant action->Ready at the ramp. ST=Simple trading, MT: Multitrading

VR ST : 35 fps original dll

VR MT : 36 fps original dll

VR ST : 45 fps new dll openvr_api.dll

VR MT : 48 fps new dll 

Screen ST : 89 fps

Screen MT :  120 fps

VR ST.png

SCREEN MT.png

SCREEN ST.png

VR MT.png

openvr_api.dll

VR  ST  newdll.png

VR  MT  newdll.png

Edited by Flasher
Update

3 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

If you open OpenXR Toolkit outside DCS you can see what hotkeys are used to open the toolkit and to go through the menu and settings.
Pressing the hotkeys that open the toolkit inside DCS will open the toolkit (maybe best to set hotkeys that are a not used inside DCS to avoid unwanted actions).

Oh I understand I was under the Impression The Toolkit Companion Program I have been Using was to be Disabled and DCS would take care of what it use to do. I also am Under the Impression I no Longer need to have or use Open Composit so please Do I need it or not too?

19 minutes ago, DishDoggie said:

Oh I understand I was under the Impression The Toolkit Companion Program I have been Using was to be Disabled and DCS would take care of what it use to do. I also am Under the Impression I no Longer need to have or use Open Composit so please Do I need it or not too?

I don't think you need OpenComposite anymore. Can't confirm because i'm an Ocolus user, no need for OpenComposite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lange_666 said:

I don't think you need OpenComposite anymore. Can't confirm because i'm an Ocolus user, no need for OpenComposite.

Thanks for your help. I removed it and had all kinds of problems with the VR HP G2 see my first post for details. With it removed Steam Vr started loading on me and I didn't think that should happen after I installed it again all my problems went away (Kind of very low FPS but no video issues) I get better FPS without MT then with. I hope I can get back to this soon as I am away for about a week. Thank You so much for the Help.  

hace 7 horas, DishDoggie dijo:

Thank You

Unclear How to Start OXRtools inside DCS?

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-30 173138.jpg

Personally I bind the keys to press Ctrl+Alt+(arrows) but you can bind them like you want

• Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

20 hours ago, firefox121 said:

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-30 173138.jpg

Personally I bind the keys to press Ctrl+Alt+(arrows) but you can bind them like you want

Hi Thank You What about the Open Composit Program that was to be used with this OpenXR ToolKit Companion? This is where I get all mixed up We have OpenXR Developer Tools OpenXR Toolkit Companion app and Open Composite program Lot of people say OpenXR I say What one? SO I use all 3 What ones do I need to get rid of??? or stop using ?? I now understand opening OpenXR ToolKit Companion app in DCS. So I keep it. I Keep OpenXR Developer Tools right? And NOT use Open Composite Right?

Checking updates from within the toolkit points to 1.3.0 as the latest.

hace 6 horas, DishDoggie dijo:

Hi Thank You What about the Open Composit Program that was to be used with this OpenXR ToolKit Companion? This is where I get all mixed up We have OpenXR Developer Tools OpenXR Toolkit Companion app and Open Composite program Lot of people say OpenXR I say What one? SO I use all 3 What ones do I need to get rid of??? or stop using ?? I now understand opening OpenXR ToolKit Companion app in DCS. So I keep it. I Keep OpenXR Developer Tools right? And NOT use Open Composite Right?

You don't need Open composite nor other openvr_api.dll that the one DCS installs with his update, I checked the last openvr_api.dll provided by Open composite page and doesn't works well. (lots of shutter)

Just tune the OXR developers tools to your preferences, mine is set now to 190%, always retroprojection off, then , if you have Reverb G2, just launch in \bin-mt\dcs.exe without any  param.... it will launch dcs in vr mode if you have the vr option ticked in the simulator, then in the OXR toolkit that you will bring with your keys defined before (remember mine are ctrl+alt+key down)  you will see the first options page, I set CAS render mode and 100%sharpen

I also set Turbo mode ON, and in the third o fourth screen set retroprojection to Off o Default

I set p.d. in dcs vr options screen to 0.6 o 0.7 depending of your rig (mine is a i9-10850k and rtx 3080ti.)

with this options and some tweak in shadows I see 90 constant frames in almost every terrain , except Marianas (due to the trees population)

If you have Apache module, try to fly it with dcs graphics options set to medium and terrain to high to achieve fps between 75 and 90...minus in marianas terrain

Hope this helps

I have sharpen graphics (can read without any problem every MFD )

Of course MSAA and SSAA to OFF (big fps impact) at least in my 3080ti

Edited by firefox121
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, firefox121 said:

You don't need Open composite nor other openvr_api.dll that the one DCS installs with his update, I checked the last openvr_api.dll provided by Open composite page and doesn't works well. (lots of shutter)

Just tune the OXR developers tools to your preferences, mine is set now to 190%, always retroprojection off, then , if you have Reverb G2, just launch in \bin-mt\dcs.exe without any  param.... it will launch dcs in vr mode if you have the vr option ticked in the simulator, then in the OXR toolkit that you will bring with your keys defined before (remember mine are ctrl+alt+key down)  you will see the first options page, I set CAS render mode and 100%sharpen

I also set Turbo mode ON, and in the third o fourth screen set retroprojection to Off o Default

I set p.d. in dcs vr options screen to 0.6 o 0.7 depending of your rig (mine is a i9-10850k and rtx 3080ti.)

with this options and some tweak in shadows I see 90 constant frames in almost every terrain , except Marianas (due to the trees population)

If you have Apache module, try to fly it with dcs graphics options set to medium and terrain to high to achieve fps between 75 and 90...minus in marianas terrain

Hope this helps

I have sharpen graphics (can read without any problem every MFD )

Of course MSAA and SSAA to OFF (big fps impact) at least in my 3080ti

Just finding out some of your tips. THANK YOU. sorry I need so much help. I just upgraded to a 5800x3D CPU the Cores look like this in VR. I am going to do as you have said and maybe I will get better FPS your way.The First 2 are In Game VR 3&4 BIG Pic is NO VR Cores and FPS In Game NO VR

InVRInGameCORES1.jpg

InVRInGameCores%.jpg

NoVRMenuCore1.jpg

NoVR Game.jpg