For those not noticing any improvements

Go to solution Solved by L0ngbow,

• Solution

I did a file repair on Steam DCS and ran the game with the Steam shortcut and didn't use the shortcut to /bin/dcs.exe. MT seems to be working for me now. Was 53 fps before mt, was 53 fps after mt patch, and got 67 fps after repair and using steam "MT Preview" launcher. Tell tale signs that its using MT for me was the black screens and late texture loading before being able to press "fly".

5800x3d, 4090, 64gb ddr4, 2 tb M.2

Edited by L0ngbow
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, L0ngbow said:

I did a file repair on Steam DCS and ran the game with the Steam shortcut and didn't use the shortcut to /bin/dcs.exe. MT seems to be working for me now. Was 53 fps before mt, was 53 fps after mt patch, and got 67 fps after repair and using steam "MT Preview" launcher. Tell tale signs that its using MT for me was the black screens and late texture loading before being able to press "fly".

Repair, do you mean  verify integrity?

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I can confirm that this works.

I updated steam OB and placed the new MT dcs.exe icon on the desktop, ran my usual missions, no increase.  Tried LOngbows way and result, 10+ FPS on all my missions.

Nice one LOngbow and ED, one happy camper here.

Mike..

Do wonder why it didn't work from the MT folder but did from the steam web page. 

Edited by Mike145
typo

GE Wings2.jpg           AMD Ryzen 5, 16 GB DDR4, AMD XFX Radeon RX590 8GB, 27" curved Samsung monitor.

4 hours ago, Onslott said:

How do you repair on standalone? Will this revert and .lua changes such as the 1camera.lua?

You should have a "Repair DCS World" in your Start Menu. You can select slow, or fast. Do slow.

If you have mods in the main install folder, it may replace those modded files with the vanilla files. If it sees them as "extra" files, it will ask if you want to keep them. If you have the mods in your Saved Games folder, I don't think it will do anything.

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I run standalone and the install repair utility, and turning off motion blur, fixed both my issues. Thank you! 

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

• BIGNEWY changed the title to For those not noticing any improvements

So, I run the open beta, but I am using a I-7 9700k, which doesn't have a hyper threading option. So I guess I won't benefit from this since it is not using the cores, but rather MT? Which it does have 8 physical cores. Just trying to get some clarity here, just in case I'm missing something.

Benefit from what? Your post is a bit vague and confusing, since noone mentioned hyperthreading here. Do you mean from the MT patch in general? In that case sure it will - I've got 9700k as well and the performance improvement has been noticeable so far.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Sorry, let provide more details. When I check frame rate, it appears to be the same numbers between the two options, MT and just running from the normal exe. But, when I check frames with MT running, I do see FPS in white and below that I see GPU bound in green that has an elevated amount of frames, almost double, so I guess I'm not clear on what that means. I have V-sync off and I don't see anything else that could be causing that result. So I'm assuming that the FPS in white, means the actual frames I'm getting and if that is so, than it is similar to what I get without using the MT option.

12 hours ago, Iron Sights said:

So, I run the open beta, but I am using a I-7 9700k, which doesn't have a hyper threading option. So I guess I won't benefit from this since it is not using the cores, but rather MT? Which it does have 8 physical cores.

You have 8 cores available, so multi-threading should work. Hyperthreading creates virtual cores so it allows to run more then one process on a core.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I am getting no FPS improvement with MT in 2d and way worse FPS in VR 😞   I have i9-11900k, RTX 3080, 32g ram, 2t ssd, HP Reverb G2.

I guess ill wait a year or so untill MT is fixed. I have no mods and did all the repair stuff with no increase in 2d and from 50fps to 30fps in VR

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 2:19 AM, L0ngbow said:

So this is only working with steam version. 

Or standalone do repair using DCS repair or utility repair . ?

Testing I seen no smooth game play in steamVR blurry text and screen. 

Will test further after slow repair. 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I did a slow repair right after patching just to be sure. I get between 10% and 20% higher framerate with the MT version on moderately light missions, in VR.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hello, I have an I7.7700K CPU On a Gigabyte motherboard and I wanted to check if the MT (multitreading)
was on enable in the bios but I couldn't find the MT line
I just saw HP (hypertreading) on enable.
Question the MT and the HT c is the same thing? or not?
Thank you to enlighten me

1 hour ago, PLUTON said:

Question the MT and the HT c is the same thing?

Yes, for iNTEL-based systems it's called HT (hyperthreading), and for AMD-based systems it's called SMT (simultaneous multithreading).

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

YOUPI now I have my big answer
  Thank you Raven (Elysian angel) because I've been asking myself this question for a long time.🤗🤩

YOUPI now I have my big answer
  Thank you Raven (Elysian angel) because I've been asking myself this question for a long time.
For the hour with HT on enable I went from 45/50 HPS to 18/20 FPS in VR (disaster, unplayable for me)😪

I've made a try with multithreading on AUTO and on ACTIVATED and it's the same: No gain of FPS compared with the no MT version.

CPU: I7-12700K,  GC: nVidia RTX 3090TI ASUS 24Go VRAM,  RAM: 32 Go DDR5 Kingston Fury,  Motherboard: Gigabytes Z690-GamingX 3. OS: W10-64 Family, 2 HD WD BLACK SN750 M2 NVME GEN 3, 2TO + 1 HD WD BLACK SN850 M2 NVME GEN 4 2TO  +1 HD SSD CRUCIAL M.2 NVME 1TO . Casque VR: HP Reverb G2.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

For me,

i tried everything I found on forums and helps.

ST and MT in Apache on scud buster mission 42-46 fps

lots more stutters in MT compares to ST.

I also need to reassign core affinity at each mission start to make it load.

so I will stay on ST for the time hoping that it will work with a future patch.

Settings:

quest 2 90hz pd 1.4

textures med ground textures high 

msaa x2 

anisotropic x8

No shadow, everything else on low.

trees and scenery mid bar 

My system:

12700kf

rtx 3080tidcs.log

80go ddr4

quest 2

CPU BOUNDED MAIN TREAD in fps window in MT

I ADD The Log files... Lots of errors

I f anybody can have a look

Edited by Derrick006

I7 12700k RTX3080ti ddr4 80g Quest2 Winwing environnement !

I'm also seeing no improvements. I've done a clean install, I've deleted the saved games and done a slow repair after and even disabled hyperthreading, and I'm still getting CPU bound. Would it be because of windows 11 vs windows 10? I've heard 11 has problems with multithreading. My specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

RTX 3080

64gb Ram

2TB and 1TB SSD (DCS on the 2TB SSD)

MSI B550-A Pro

I get horrible fps in Inherent Resolve, at the start on the ground at least.

bad performance.png

It's like it's jumping between good performance and bad performance with wildly spiking frametimes. It seems to be connected to moving the head in VR. Gets as low as 15-17 fps and completely unplayable in VR. Works better in ST, even if framerate is bad there also, but reprojection seems do be doing a better job in ST.

Valve Index, i9-10900K @5,2GHz, RTX3080, 32GB RAM.

Hotplug disabled. HT enabled. Confirmed MT version is running.

bad performance inherent resolve.trk