VR - Lighting/Reflections Flickering and Moving in Left Eye

Getting this odd behavior, only in the left eye.  You can see in the video the lighting moving around while reflecting off the buildings on the other side of the field.  You can also notice the flickering in the hangar lighting in the left eye.

No mods installed

This issue does not happen in ST

Have tried many, but probably not all, permutations of settings.

Edited by mjfrisby

I have also noticed this. Left eye only. Looks kind of like looking through polarised glasses.

Edited by FupDuck

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

Same here, this is what it looks like with DFR in the Aero. https://imgur.com/PvxLBs6 , increased brightness where my eyes are looking.

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

Same here. It makes night flying quite sickening. Seems primarily shadows on the ground, buildings and fences and so on, where in one lens it's lit and in the other it's dark, which creates a very weird visual effect in VR as your brain obviously can't interpret that.

This is pretty important to fix I'd say.

I tried turning those secondary shadows off, but it doesn't help.

steamvr, nvidia 3090

Edited by Zoijar

Same, lighting bug both in VR and 2D (noticed in the mission editor)

https://imgur.com/a/GpcB6Nw

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

Same issue here noticed in VR Valve Index. Not present in normal OB only MT.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Farps are flickering with the lights on . All Farp square ⬛ is flickering.

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 1 month later...

@Flappie thanks for the update (also seeing this behaviour). Are you able to tell us if the team are confident on improving MT VR performance further? I get better VR performance now in missions like DCS liberation (no longer need to run it on separate server – so nice improvement). But I now have to turn off all shadows and it's still a bit jerky low level. I guess we'll always want more, right? Thanks 

Devs are constantly looking for ways to improve both visuals and performance.

If you get stutters, please open your own thread and attach the usual files (dcs.log of a stutter-fest session, dxdiag log, and task list).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

It is working for me.

Unfortunately it seems to have caused a decrease in performance and I'm getting stutters where I didn't used to.

I haven't had a chance to compare it to ST version so I'm not sure if the drop in performance is just MT or not.

• Thanks 1

RTX 4090, AMD 5800x3D, 32GB Ram