For those with a single widescreen who want larger ABRIS/Shkval overlays

scatter

With all the talk about multi-monitors I realised that anyone with a single big widescreen can improve their use of the Shkval/ABRIS (at the expense of losing their lower corners).

If you go into HUD only view you'll see them overlayed on either side of your screen. This is great but is often disabled in multiplayer servers. Well by creating a new LUA file in (root)\Config\MonitorSetup\ you can acheive the same effect in the cockpit view.

here's the contents of the new file (called WidescreenCamera+Shkval+ABRIS.lua):

-- WidescreenCamera+Shkval+ABRIS.lua

Description = 'Full Camera, Shkval in botton left corner, and ABRIS in the bottom right'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

}

}

Shkval =

{

width = screen.width / 5;

height = screen.height / 4;

x = 0;

y = screen.height * 3 /4 ;

}

ABRIS =

{

width = screen.width / 6;

height = screen.height *2 / 5;

x = screen.width * 5 / 6;

y = screen.height * 3/5 ;

}

Edited by scatter
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

Can you post a screenshot, please?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Thanks for this, just tried it and looks like it will help a lot for those without trackir.

Asus P8P67-M Pro, i7 2600K@4.6Ghz, 4gb Vengence Ram, Gainward GTX 580 3gb Phantom, Win7 64 Ultimate, Warthog Control System.

Trackir 5 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals.

i think i'll try tht out thx..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Just create the file "WidescreenCamera+Shkval+ABRIS.lua" with the correct contents in the directory (root)\Config\MonitorSetup\

(for my installation (root) is c:\Program files\1c\eagle dynamics\ka50)

In the graphics options select WidescreenCamera+Shkval+ABRIS on the monitors drop down menu.

Edited by scatter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

very cool....works great.. can it be done in the 3 camera mode as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• 3 months later...

very cool, now I hope I'll have to do less eye squeezing and neck straining when looking at the shval or the abris, thank you!

EDIT: also gives some nice Apache'esque feeling when scanning with the Shkval locked to the helmet :-D

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.1a8bd7e4337d442aec156ba59a4ea36e.jpg

Edited by predaeus

I only created a new Text Document by right clicking in that folder and then renamed it to the name given in the original post (I used lower case file ending .lua). Then I double clicked the file to open it and copy-pasted the code from and including the line "Description...." to the final "}" into that file and saved it. Then in the game options you have a new option for Camera or what it is called. And in the cockpit you have to power up the ABRIS and Shkval to see the monitors in the corners of the screen. So it's pretty straight forward.

I stronly recommned Notepad++ (Freeware) for .lua editing.

It's also good for almost every text edit.

And make sure that .lua extension should be in small chars (.lua) not in caps.(.LUA)

System: Core2Duo E8500, 4G ram, GTX260, SLC SSD, and Vista 32bit. LG W2600HP 26" LCD.

Controls : MSFFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek rudder, Saitek throttle quadrant, and TrackIR4

BS Setting : medium with visibility HIGH

More skill you get, more you Love DCS:Black Shark.

Thank you very much scatter. Good work.

SPARTAN1-1 Спартанец1-1

Dell XPS 630i / Windows 7 / Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 GHZ / 4 GB Corsair Dominator 1066/ NVIDIA 8800GT X 2 / Track IR 4Pro / X52 + Pedals

Dell Studio XPS 1647 / Windows 7 / Intel i7 620 @ 2.67 GHZ / 4 GB RAM / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

Thanks for great effort. I tried it but I guess it is suitable for widescreen as the name suggested. I found your setup gave a very thin ABRIS and it wasn't legible on my regular 17" monitor.

So I hope you don't mind but I fiddled with it and manged a decend ABRIS size for someone who uses regular 17" monitor.

This one gives a wider ABRIS and not too intrusive, and the font is not too hard to read.

ABRIS =

{

width = screen.width /5;

height = screen.height * 2/5;

x = screen.width * 4/5;

y = screen.height * 3/5;

}

This one is wider and feels a little out of place but everything is very legible. This is the one I'm using.

ABRIS =

{

width = screen.width /4;

height = screen.height * 2/5;

x = screen.width * 3/4;

y = screen.height * 3/5;

}

Hope I typed them in correctly. I would post screenshots but this place doesn't allow me to plug in thumbdrive.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I found your setup gave a very thin ABRIS and it wasn't legible on my regular 17" monitor.

For those people that are using small monitors, you may want to look into making yourself a fresnel lens. The lense itself can be purchased online from china. other than that you only need a cardboard box. Heres a pic of one I made for EECH some time ago

[/url]

20080318060132aatj9.jpg

Edited by Kurtz

• 3 months later...

Can I enable\disable Shkval view wherever I want? I would like to show it when I engage and hide when fly.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ