[DCS ISSUE] TCS and Multithreading

westr

vor 12 Stunden schrieb draconus:

Yes, start campaign mission, exit and cancel (do not click end mission), then start the same mission again and it should work.

I didn't update to 2.9 yet to test.

Thnx for that hint, i'll try it! No iam not on OB - Stable MT Version. The very strange thing about this issue is, it only happens to the Pilots-VDI, Rio is working well.

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

I haven't done extensive testing, but is this map/settings-related? With MSAAx2, displays 1024, textures medium on Syria and Sinai the TCS works fine for me. I haven't tested any other maps or settings, but I do remember TCS not working last time I flew Fear the Bones on Caucasus. 

40 minutes ago, Nealius said:

but is this map/settings-related? 

We don't really know, since none of us (or extended tester team) could reproduce this at all (and it seems pretty rare in the overall playerbase). From the various posts in this thread, it seems to affect certain people on certain maps, and also not always for some (and always for others).  The (potential) fix is not settings or map related however, it was (maybe) an initialization order problem with multithreaded DCS.  So basically: 🤞

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

vor 17 Stunden schrieb draconus:

Yes, start campaign mission, exit and cancel (do not click end mission), then start the same mission again and it should work.

I didn't update to 2.9 yet to test.

Thank you very much! It worked, after the restart the VDI operates "normal" 🙂 - hope there will be a fix soon within the stable version

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

9 hours ago, gyrovague said:

Curious to know whether latest OB from yesterday fixes this TCS issue on multithread for those that encountered it.

No it didn't: it still happens (at least on my system).

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Unfortunately, not fixed in 2.9 for me either. At least restarting mission still works as workaround.

Just sucks getting all the way through startup only to find out you have to restart the whole mission. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ugh, that's a pity. I'm going to double check whether the (potential) fix did indeed get included into DCS 2.9, since there was a bit of uncertainty around the merge window with the postponed release. 

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, gyrovague said:

Ugh, that's a pity. I'm going to double check whether the (potential) fix did indeed get included into DCS 2.9, since there was a bit of uncertainty around the merge window with the postponed release. 

OK, so it looks actually as though this TCS (potential) fix did not end up in DCS 2.9.0.46801, despite it being included in the changelogs, so hope still floats for this. There may be a DCS hotfix release sometime soon, then the TCS (potential) fix should end up in that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This has been occurring for me 100% of the time.   I have only tested in single player single threading.  Restarting does nothing.  I noticed after the initial 2.9 update and it persists with the most recent 2.9 "patch". 

I run on a AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor, 4701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s).   I would have to look up the rest.  If I can help you find the solution just let me know how.  You guys have done fantastic work and are the reason I even built a computer.  Your module in DCS. 

5 hours ago, DustyR said:

I have only tested in single player single threading.

This would be something new as we've seen the bug only in VR and multi-threaded version. Please, make sure and look at your DCS main menu right bottom corner.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 10/23/2023 at 11:48 AM, gyrovague said:

OK, so it looks actually as though this TCS (potential) fix did not end up in DCS 2.9.0.46801, despite it being included in the changelogs, so hope still floats for this. There may be a DCS hotfix release sometime soon, then the TCS (potential) fix should end up in that.

Is the fix supposed to be in 2.9.0.47168 hotfix? I'm still affected.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 4:43 AM, DustyR said:

This has been occurring for me 100% of the time.   I have only tested in single player single threading.  Restarting does nothing.  I noticed after the initial 2.9 update and it persists with the most recent 2.9 "patch". 

That's interesting 🤔 I was under the impression the common factor for the few people encountering this issue was multithreaded DCS.

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only found out about this bug today from reading yesterday's beta update post.  I will say that I run MT and have not ever had this TCS experience, even before yesterday's patch, or the others, to the extent that I wasn't even aware there was a bug reported.  I fly SP, MP, and Campaign and have not had any issues.  I fly the Steam version.  So I guess I fall into HB's boat where I can't reproduce it.

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 10:28 AM, gyrovague said:

That's interesting 🤔 I was under the impression the common factor for the few people encountering this issue was multithreaded DCS.

I only have the problem in MT. Happens every time and on all maps I have tried. Can quit mission and select Refly. Then it’s ok. In ST it works fine.

Hope you can figure this out soon!

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier