Varjo Spring Sale

dburne

Thanks for the info Don, I'm sure a few who've been on the fence may trigger on this.  If I had already my upgraded my primary rig I'd consider it. 

Right now I've been thinking about hitting on the i9-13900K.  Granted there are other things to buy to make it functional, but I have my 4090 that I could swap into it.  Figuring I would then push my 9700K to the secondary system, and revive my dormant 3090FE for that second unit.  (My secondary unit is for the grandkids, which currently has an even older CPU and the Rift S, and using a RTX3070).

Regardless, I've followed your input about the Aero and it sounds awesome.  But I'm really wanting to step up my 9700K.

Happy VR flying there buddy!

-Jav

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

5 hours ago, dburne said:

Hey, thank you! Now, I just need to convince my wife that spending $2500 on my video game is in fact a reasonable purchasing decision and not at all a sign of mental illness.

• Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Hey, thank you! Now, I just need to convince my wife that spending $2500 on my video game is in fact a reasonable purchasing decision and not at all a sign of mental illness.

14900KS | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Not bad but man after adding 2 stations - 13900K and a 4090 that we’ll over 5-6K I get it that it’s the best and worth every cent but that would be a major upgrade for me. It needs a powerhouse of a rig to be satisfied for me at least. 

thanks for info.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Been watching the Aero for a while but found it hard to spend 2K. The math doesnt add up here on this sale though. Currently when I click on buy now it shows $1990. I know I'm not that good at math but 1990 is not %15 off of $2K.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

Wow, it is good sign as top VR product to drop to $1691. But still need to purchase base stations and controllers  which excluded from the package?

So VR headset only would cost ~$2.5k. Prefer to spend that budget for a 4090+QP till next-gen & affordable headset coming. BTW base stations are great in accuracy while really troublesome for arrangement at home. Personal only look for inside-out solution.

• Like 2

7800X3D /3090 /64GB /SSD 2T+4T /Quest3<-(Pico4<-Rift S <-Rift CV1) /Orion F18 /DOFReality P6; Win11

Just about right for me… I ordered mine two weeks ago before the sale announcement 😠. Oh well switching from the awful Pimax 8kx so I’ll at least be happier. 

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

3 hours ago, Rodeo said:

Just about right for me… I ordered mine two weeks ago before the sale announcement 😠. Oh well switching from the awful Pimax 8kx so I’ll at least be happier. 

Ask for a price adjustment with a friendly "or I will cancel" 😄 

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

On 5/5/2023 at 9:00 AM, DirtyMike0330 said:

Ask for a price adjustment with a friendly "or I will cancel" 😄 

Well good news is my headset shipped... bad new it left the factory via FedEx on May 1st;  Oh well still excited for it!!!!  It is stuck in Japan waiting Customs form that I had to fill out yesterday though.

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

On 5/5/2023 at 3:51 PM, Rodeo said:

Oh well switching from the awful Pimax 8kx so I’ll at least be happier. 

Wow, 8KX is absolute joy for me!  And with your rig, you should be able to run it at native resolution!  Talk to me dude.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

2 hours ago, WipeUout said:

Wow, 8KX is absolute joy for me!  And with your rig, you should be able to run it at native resolution!  Talk to me dude.

The Pimax was great until just recently now it’s a complete train wreck and customer service is not helpful. The latest was I lost lighthouse connection and had to switch to 9 axis. A couple people using 8kx on MSFS reported that as well and had similar issues with customer service not having a solution. Prior to that was a version update that crashed the headset and several long hours resolving it. 

I didn’t want to push to hard because I don’t want to go through the whole return process and maybe jeopardize the full value trade-in for the 12kx (whenever that happens) that my headset qualifies for.

I originally wanted to go with the Aero but the long lead time last year plus Pimax trade in program tempted me with 8kx. 

2 hours ago, Rodeo said:

The Pimax was great until just recently now it’s a complete train wreck and customer service is not helpful. The latest was I lost lighthouse connection and had to switch to 9 axis. A couple people using 8kx on MSFS reported that as well and had similar issues with customer service not having a solution. Prior to that was a version update that crashed the headset and several long hours resolving it. 

I didn’t want to push to hard because I don’t want to go through the whole return process and maybe jeopardize the full value trade-in for the 12kx (whenever that happens) that my headset qualifies for.

I originally wanted to go with the Aero but the long lead time last year plus Pimax trade in program tempted me with 8kx. 

I expect you will be very happy with the Aero.

• Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 5/5/2023 at 2:01 AM, RackMonkey said:

Been watching the Aero for a while but found it hard to spend 2K.

For me it's not the price. It's the price divided by the life usability. Buying something like this would technically have a greater life usage than buying a cheaper unit. 

I mean - if I could get 5 years usage out of this, and a HP might go in 2.5years and I'd have to replace - then it's break even price in the long run.

The problem with this logic is even though Varjo seem to not have the weak link like HP does - there is still the potential after 1 year you have a paperweight if something goes drastically wrong. (Hey - my current experience is with HP and their cable being their weakest link and them not caring, so maybe I'm paranoid, but just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong). 

If on the other hand they offered something like 3 years extended warranty for $300 extra, or 5 years extended warranty for $500 extra or similar - then the pricing structure over the life compared to some of these cheaper units becomes a lot more competitive. 

11 hours ago, Rodeo said:

Sorry to hear that, I did have an issue with my 8k+ cable but it was quickly diagnosed and replaced by Pimax.  My experience with them so far is very good but we all have different experience.  Not sure about the Aero support.  I am also keeping my 5kX for trade-in value when the 12k will be available, if ever.

If you have some patience left, I will point you to this thread and you might find a solution and better performance, at least for DCS: 

• Like 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

24 minutes ago, WipeUout said:

Sorry to hear that, I did have an issue with my 8k+ cable but it was quickly diagnosed and replaced by Pimax.  My experience with them so far is very good but we all have different experience.  Not sure about the Aero support.  I am also keeping my 5kX for trade-in value when the 12k will be available, if ever.

If you have some patience left, I will point you to this thread and you might find a solution and better performance, at least for DCS: 

Thanks WipeUout.. yeah I was using OpenXr Pimax since it came out last year. 

Other update.. Aero is getting delivered today but I’m currently on a plane and will not be home from this trip until late Sunday night. 

2 minutes ago, Rodeo said:

Other update.. Aero is getting delivered today but I’m currently on a plane and will not be home from this trip until late Sunday night.

hope you have a smooth setup!  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

From what I have seen on their Varjo  Discord and my own personal experience with Varjo support it appears to be excellent. I had an apparent Link Box failure and they overnighted one to me. One day to diagnose and one day to get replacement Link Box to me. They had me send the bad Link Box back to them after receipt and confirmation of the good one.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

5 hours ago, WipeUout said:

hope you have a smooth setup!  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Plan on doing a big post on my rig/simpit itself and will include thoughts on the VR as well. 

Hey! I’m on the fence of ordering it with the sale.. originally I wanted to wait until Black Friday. But I wonder what people think of this year’s VR lineup

were expecting new Quest, new Index, which both will probably be better priced with foveated rendering. I wonder not only if they give a similar performance, but if they will also drive the Aero’s price down. Maybe worth to wait a little longer?

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3