George CPG cannot control LST switch

Varry007

16 minutes ago, Varry007 said:

He keeps on scanning around (like a radar); when assigning a target, he confirms, yet he does not lock the tads on the target, just kees on scanning around

I tried the new rader missles, and he keeps spaming them, I ask him to lock on a target and he fires without orders, says laser on laser off, fires of a hellfire, then he says laser on laser off and fires of another. I also could not get my gun to fire no mater how many times I tried to hit the gun saftey button, but that might just be my none working virpil stick.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

11 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I tried the new rader missles, and he keeps spaming them, I ask him to lock on a target and he fires without orders, says laser on laser off, fires of a hellfire, then he says laser on laser off and fires of another. I also could not get my gun to fire no mater how many times I tried to hit the gun saftey button, but that might just be my none working virpil stick.

Did you make sure you didn't have him on engage at will? If the George menu text is green that means he'll engage without consent.

• ED Team

Ensure the LT switch on the TEDAC right handgrip is set to the center "O" position. This will set the Laser Spot Tracker to Off. When set to Auto, the LST will cause the TADS to enter a 4-bar scan looking for a laser designation.

The switch is moved from "O"/Off to "A"/Auto during auto-start. This has already been reported, as well as reporting that George should set the switch to Off if the Player leaves the CPG seat.

Also, everyone please keep reports to one bug per thread. This helps our team track individual bugs and which ones are reported and such. When multiple issues are included in the same thread, they will often be missed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, Varry007 said:

Are the patches tested before release?

Of course, they are always tested prior to release. But sometimes things can be missed, which is why we have the public, open beta. And we appreciate reports such as this since it helps make the module(s) better.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

25 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Of course, they are always tested prior to release. But sometimes things can be missed, which is why we have the public, open beta. And we appreciate reports such as this since it helps make the module(s) better.

Thanks for the how to fix this, but seriously my team found it within 1 min of jumping in an Apache after the patch so I find it hard to figure out that a bunch of official ED beta testers didn't, ill volunteer our group as a second batch of beta testers 🙂

Edited by Hotdognz
  • Like 4

to add to this, doing a cold start in the caucasus cold start insta mission george goes into the 4 bar sarch mode when ordering him to do something

while writing this i also had a look in a costum made mission, any coldstart will result in him beeing in the LST mode 

Edited by dedlike.

• ED Team

This has only been seen to occur following an auto-start sequence. Until the auto-start sequence is adjusted, you will have to manually set it to Off if you wish for George to use TADS as intended. If you find other instances that cause this switch to be set to Auto (or Man) without player action, please report it in the Bug reporting section. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
Just now, dedlike. said:

will do, but just to confirm, i never use autostart, i like to start the thing myself yet he still does it, i will submit another report with a track

Thank you, please post it in this thread when you get it.

DCS Rotor-Head

• Raptor9 changed the title to George CPG cannot control LST switch

yup. similar issues. I only tested once. Existing custom mission. AH64 starts on turning point in the air, single sa-15 40k in the distance.  Ground JTAC in the area (unused) . Im pilot and fly toward target.  I have george find the target, he finds it, i select it, and authorize fire at will... he spammed all 8 missiles off target. All hellfires went very right or very left of sa-15 

Edited by bigtruck

5 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Thank you, please post it in this thread when you get it.

Mine wasn't autostart either.

I'm happy to hear these patches are tested; but this issue popped up within 5 minutes in an apache. Maybe that is another discussion or another bugreport; but issues that were solved tend to come back: i just got my tail shot off, and i could fly hapily further....

• ED Team

Understood, this is reported. Just to summarize what has been reported for everyone's awareness:

1) George is setting LST to AUTO during a manual start sequence from a cold start.
2) George is setting LST to AUTO during an auto start sequence from a cold start.
3) George should switch LST to OFF any time the Player leaves the CPG seat.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 4

DCS Rotor-Head

1 hour ago, petsild said:

Currently it is not possible to fire in pilot mode am I understanding this correctly?

You can't fire RF Hellfire from the pilots seat at the moment. They can only be cued from the TADS or FCR. Pilot correctly can't select TADS and the FCR is not yet implemented. So RF from the front seat only atm.

• Thanks 1

Good morning! ED. Dev team!

I've found this bug yesterday on a mp server and could record at the time (low fps and it was recorded with GAME DVR from Microsoft)

There is a new bug on George's ai behavior on cold start and he can't lock on targets or remain on last requested slave.
He will either de-slave automatically or not even pick up targets.
Could not replicate on multiplayer due to hardware limitations.

Recorded with Microsoft GAME DVR.

COLD START V

HOT START ^

Thank you for your time ED devs, your passion and dedication!
I hope these videos could highlights George's ai behavior on cold start/hot start.

❤️

6 hours ago, razo+r said:

The only way to fix it it is to jump on george's cp/g seat and turn off laser tracker mode (yes you can fire the rf missiles with george)
the target must be red and you gotta point the aircraft towards it. 

also

16x AGM 114L loadout has 4 hellfires Kilos and 12 Limas . IT IS ALSO broken.

• Like 1

That update to add the radar missiles broke AI gunner George. He just looks around wildly. Can’t lock onto anything with either the hellfire K or L missile. Please fix asap! Someone should have checked that before it went out!

• Like 1